Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Mohawk2

Oct 3, 2018
Let me start off by saying the update was horrible. While I don't like this update, I'm not going to just say bring everything back because I know there is a motive to removing all these games. A server did something very similar to this and it failed because of both the massive community backlash it created and how it failed to generate money/gain players. The M server (I don't know if they lock threads for saying a server name) practically did the same thing as cubecraft very recently did. They removed multiple games, they made the server more similar to it's bedrock counterpart, and said it was so "new players could have an easier experience". However, eight months after this update, the server has 1/2 as many people online now. While it worked to actually gain players in the first few weeks, many of the players who saw their favorite games removed just left. The remaining gamemodes actually have LESS players than they have before because people don't just stick to one server, have their game removed, and then move to another game. Even the most loyal people of a specific game get bored if no other games that are available are interesting. People have their favorite game removed and either stop playing minecraft in favor of another game or move to the H server. Another problem is transparency. I love that they didn't even say in the post that it was to "cut costs". The only reference at all to money is a fleeting reference of "not having infinite resources". Also, (I might be wrong here because I don't follow cubecraft as much as other servers) it appears that they did not announce this update ahead of time. It is very important to get community feedback on big updates like this so people can have their say before staff become less willing to change it due to more work and people don't feel like it's already set in stone. Transparency is a big issue that needs ironing out. Mark my words, in less than a few months you will see a steep decline in players.

JT8D

Apr 22, 2018
Wherever I am
Yes, I know the ‘m’ server you are talking about and I have to say I left for cubecraft and the ‘h’ server. Good to get this story out there as a warning of what could happen to cubecraft.

Reactions: Mohawk2

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
It might help. I cannot imagine how many new players left this server to never come back, because they were sitting in lobbies for absolute ages. It's one of the biggest turnoffs a server can have. At least games start a lot quicker now. It might be for the better.

Anyway, something had to be done and this is better then the alternative: Cubecraft acting like there is no problem at all.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
thanks for the follow! 🤍
Always so fun to go to bed after playing Cubecraft with a friend:D (Might wake up and play again hahah) Then repeat xD
UncleSpect wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Dodo 🦤
Amazinq wrote on Catss's profile.
A bit late but thanks for everything
I just reached 50th on the Competitive Parkour leaderboard this would be my third leaderboard on Cubecraft:D
Parkour Competitive leader bord games.png
Screenbits 2024-05-24_005032.png
Top Bottom