1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why The Punishment System Needs to be Changed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Donald Trump, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Idek.
    So, I know there have already been threads on this but I wanted to make a thread on it so I can go more in-depth as to what I find the issue is. So, we know hacking is a one week ban as of right now. I understand that this is for the players that are falsely banned or are genuinely sorry for what they did. It's also easier for staff members to manage appeals. However, making it easier for higher ranks does not mean it works better entirely.
    You run a restaurant that is well known for it's potatoes. You found a way to cook the potato for 13 minutes instead of 15. However, your top customers believe the new potatoes don't taste as good. Most restaurants would find a way to satisfy their customers while keeping it easier to cook, even if this meant that you have to cook it slightly longer than 13 minutes. No matter how slightly less it requires than 15 minutes, it remains an improvement.
    DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT COMPARING THE STAFF TEAM TO HITLER. This is just the best real life scenario I knew about:
    Many if us know from history class that Hitler refused to listen to his generals shortly after he declared war on the USA. This caused them to nor defend Normandy, not conquer Stalingrad, etc. The generals factored in his orders while trying to think of a way that worked for them and the leader. That is comparable to the generals being the top members on the forums.

So, the point is maybe to make the first punishment for hacking one month? I feel that is a good compromise.

TheJeroen and telegamer like this.
  2. BurningBlue

BurningBlue Member

├ęboueur
    Many posts have been made about this and nothing has been done. I have seen people get banned then see them get reported or see them in game hacking again. What the staff are saying by changing this is that you can use all the hacks you want and then just a week later you can ruin even more games and make even more people want to leave. I'm still debating whether or not I should leave the server or not, and I know i'm not the only one.

Donald Trump likes this.
  3. y2002a6n13

y2002a6n13 Member

i agree with you but not because im hacking but i want this server to be better then hypixel ;)

4. telegamer

telegamer Member

Home Page:
    [​IMG]
    One month seems waaaaaaaaay better than a week IMO.

TheJeroen and Donald Trump like this.
  5. Buuuddy

Buuuddy Member

I agree that a 1 week ban is not enough. However, with the new punishment system, there is something that keeps track of who has been banned before. If you have been banned before, your punishment will be longer. At least that is what I read in Tacosbefriends' post.

It already it is. :p:cool:

Donald Trump likes this.
  6. BurningBlue

BurningBlue Member

├ęboueur
    As good as it seems I still don't think it's enough. 1 year at the least.[/QUOTE]

telegamer and Donald Trump like this.
  7. GingerGeek

GingerGeek Developer Staff Member Developer

Developer at Cubecraft
    Home Page:
    Staff management thought long and hard about this and came up with this system.

Naturally balancing acts may be required so I'll pass this feedback on to the right people and theyll have a chat about whether its needed or not :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.