Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sulphate

Novice Member
Oct 20, 2017
England
I'll start by saying that what I will say is not fact, it's my opinion.

It gives you an unfair advantage against people that are playing the game how it is 'meant' to be played - you get to click a lot faster, allowing you to land more hits (provided your aim is good). This method of clicking is not possible on all mice, and is not a 'normal' way to click. The clicks-per-second generated is much faster than should be humanly possible by clicking like you are meant to, so my presumption would be that it is bannable because the staff team want you to play the game normally, i.e. as it is meant to be played.

There are a lot of players that do not even know what drag clicking is, which again makes it unfair. If you get a nice bonus to your CPS by drag clicking, giving you an advantage over other players, then unless all the other players can also drag click to gain the same advantage (i.e. you must tell them what it is before using it on them, and make sure they can do it), then it should not be performed, as it is unfair.

I'll compare it to something that not all players can do but is a fair advantage - fishing rods. Not all players know you can use this in the way 'good' players do - yet it's not unfair as all players can learn to do this regardless of whether you tell them about it, regardless of their PC/mouse (within obvious limitation) and regardless of their current skill level. They can see other people using it, so they can take the initiative to try it out themselves. Drag clicking does not follow any of these guidlines (not all players can do it, players must have knowledge of it to use it, and they must learn it before being able to use it at all).

I hope that's a good explanation :)

P.S. congrats on 1000 likes!

Reactions: Juskebat

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Thanks for responsing! :D

It gives you an unfair advantage against people that are playing the game how it is 'meant' to be played
I don't find it really unfair, since anyone can learn dragclicking, but why isn't it a usual way to play a game, I mean jitterclicking and butterfly clicking are allowed, and nor not very normal ways to click.

This method of clicking is not possible on all mice
Dragclicking is possible on any mouse. At school we have pretty common mice and even on them, I can dragclick very easily, perhaps even better, I think dragclicking is possible on any mouse.

If you get a nice bonus to your CPS by drag clicking, giving you an advantage over other players
Advantage over other players, mmm. Mods like Laby Mod, are allowed on the server, the mods gives you the oppertunity to see your opponents' health, which is unfair as well, other people can't jitterclick, others does. Another player has a rank, which gives him the ability to vote for gamemodes he's better at, and will possibly be better at the game, this is also unfair. The whole game is unfair and based on skill and loot.

P.S. congrats on 1000 likes!
Thanks! :D

Starry

Forum Expert
Oct 24, 2016
Belgium
I’ve no idea why it is bannable, the sentinel probably thinks that you’re using a Hacked Client/Autoclicker because you can get up to 20CPS+. A lot of players just click on their mouse normally, and don’t even know what Jitter/Butterfly/Drag clicking is, which is an unfair advantage. Although I’m able to Dragclick, I don’t do it because I don’t want to get banned. But I think this should get changed.

Reactions: Juskebat

Sulphate

Novice Member
Oct 20, 2017
England
Thanks for responsing! :D

No problem!

I don't find it really unfair, since anyone can learn dragclicking, but why isn't it a usual way to play a game, I mean jitterclicking and butterfly clicking are allowed, and nor not very normal ways to click.

Yes, anyone can learn to do it - I don't agree with jitterclicking or butterfly clicking being allowed though :) I think they both also provide an unfair advantage, and should also be bannable. I don't see the difference between drag, jitter and butterfly in terms of unfairness.

Dragclicking is possible on any mouse. At school we have pretty common mice and even on them, I can dragclick very easily, perhaps even better, I think dragclicking is possible on any mouse.

I'm fairly sure it is much much easier to do it on a matte-finish mouse, like the Razer Deathadder, than it is on a glossy-finish mouse, like cheap non-gaming mice.

Advantage over other players, mmm. Mods like Laby Mod, are allowed on the server, the mods gives you the oppertunity to see your opponents' health, which is unfair as well, other people can't jitterclick, others does. Another player has a rank, which gives him the ability to vote for gamemodes he's better at, and will possibly be better at the game, this is also unfair. The whole game is unfair and based on skill and loot.

I also do not agree with Laby Mod being allowed on the server. Being able to see people's health allows you to easily make a decision whether you should attack someone or not, which is an unfair advantage.

So all-in-all, I don't believe any of those other forms of clicking should be allowed, nor LabyMod, or any another health indicator mod. Clicking methods for the same reasons I've stated before, and LabyMod for the reason as said in this comment :)

Reactions: Juskebat and Starry

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Maybe it have to be bannable like butterfly clicking was because It’s much overpowered.With my 15 cps butterfly clicking I’m literally 1.8 skywars unstoppable god.For people who can’t do it or just click in other ways that don’t give that much cps is impossible to kill me mostly in normal 1v1 situations.Drag clicking gives even more cps so if the guy can control his mouse while doing this means that he is unstoppable

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Maybe it have to be bannable like butterfly clicking was because It’s much overpowered.With my 15 cps butterfly clicking I’m literally 1.8 skywars unstoppable god.For people who can’t do it or just click in other ways that don’t give that much cps is impossible to kill me mostly in normal 1v1 situations.Drag clicking gives even more cps so if the guy can control his mouse while doing this means that he is unstoppable
But it’s like a skill. Perhaps you’re a bridge god which is a skill as well. Maybe you’re really good at PvP. It’s all based on skills and they don’t allowed the skillmove category fast clicking techniques.

I think it's to do with Sentinel as maybe if you click to fast it can't tell the difference between using a client or drag clicking
^ This. I don't think CubeCraft wants you to get banned for drag clicking, but just prohibited it to prevent them from having to deal with an immese amount of false Sentinel bans, which makes sense if we consider only one person will be dealing with them.
I don't agree with jitterclicking or butterfly clicking being allowed though :) I think they both also provide an unfair advantage, and should also be bannable. I don't see the difference between drag, jitter and butterfly in terms of unfairness.
Most certainly not this. I agree that it can give one an advantage, but I would most certainly not consider it "unfair". I would personally define "an unfair advantage" as "something that can give a player the upper hand due to the use of something that doesn't require any extra effort or behavioural changes from the player". Take an Auto-Clicker, which is a great example of this. In contrast to an Auto-Clicker, diffrent varieties of clicking do require actual skill and practice. Yes it is true that certain clicking techniques are easier on some mice than others, but it's usually not impossible which also is why I wouldn't consider it to be that "unfair". To put that into perspective, take strafing for example, which gives you an obvious advantage over your opponents, but just like with other clicking techniques, it takes practice. My friend plays on a mini-laptop with a small unpleasant keyboard while I play on a very convenient gaming-keyboard giving me an obvious advantage right? Should I be banned for this? I recently tried to play Minecraft on my old laptop which made me realise my current PC responds a lot faster to any button-presses. This gives me an obvious advantage over anyone with a slow PC right? Should I be banned for this? You can keep going like this forever. Having a low FPS-count can drastically decrease your ability to efficiently aim and strafe, again putting players with a faster computer at the upper hand. Let's also consider that, just like having a more expensive mouse, a good PC is just a tool that may help you speed up the process of learning certain techniques, but as buying a good mouse is much easier/cheaper than buying a good PC, it would make more sense to ban the possession of a gaming PC (or rather, using it to your advantage) than to ban clicking methods like the ones you just mentioned. Cleaning is considered a strategy, but it can give a player a substantial advantage right? In contrast to actually having to buy a a new mouse, cleaning is a free choice with no costs attached. Wouldn't this mean banning cleaning would also make more sense than to ban diffrent varieties of clicking your mouse? What about having a high latency? Being good at the game is an advantage. Everything is an advantage. You know what? Let's just ban everything.
What I'm trying to say is, just because something is an advantage, doesn't have to mean it's actually "unfair".
I think it's great to keep CubeCraft a children/noob-friendly server, but this is just taking it a little to far in my opinion.

Reactions: Sulphate and Reapz

Sulphate

Novice Member
Oct 20, 2017
England
^ This. I don't think CubeCraft wants you to get banned for drag clicking, but just prohibited it to prevent them from having to deal with an immese amount of false Sentinel bans

If this was the whole case, then why are the other two forms of clicking allowed? I'm pretty sure all of these methods can generate the same CPS (or there abouts). I don't see a reason for one way to be banned, and the other two not, in my opinion they should all be banned, or all not be banned. Besides, how can you prove that someone is drag clicking vs. jitter or butterfly?

Most certainly not this. I agree that it can give one an advantage, but I would most certainly not consider it "unfair".

While I can understand your point of view, and what you say is technically correct, I disagree with it for this reason:
(Taking out how good your PC is, what mouse you have, etc. disqualifying hardware advantages)

Strafing, rod and related skills are all possible to obtain without ever being told about them. You can see people doing these in-game, and so you naturally will learn to do them yourself. People may tell others about them, or give tips, which could lead to a more refined skillset, but at the end of the day if you play a lot you will naturally gain these skills over time.

Jitter clicking, butterfly clicking and drag clicking are all skills that will not be naturally obtained. Par perhaps a handful of people, these are skills that will only be learned after watching a video, having a demonstration, or someone telling you that they exist. I myself didn't know how jitter or drag worked until I looked at a video, after hearing about them on forums. Butterfly clicking I've not looked at but I can guess what it is.

So, again, I do understand where you're coming from, and stuff like this is nowhere near as unfair as a 'cheap' advantage, like an autoclicker as you said - but I do believe, and won't change my view on, that it is unfair to a certain degree. I don't mind whether it's bannable or not, or the other methods of clicking either - but I don't agree with it being 'fair'.

P.S. thanks for the response! It's nice to have an actual discussion about something :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom