Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

GroeneBanaan

Nov 26, 2018
I know, this question is asked a lot, but I still hope people read this and understand it. I am mainly talking about staff members.

Lobbies gone
After 'The Big Change' update, many people were not happy. I was not happy either. Many people did not understand it either. Why would you take away so many things. The argument for this was that lobbies were too empty and that there were many empty games. You could have solved this by generating fewer lobbies and fewer games, but is that really a reason to delete entire games and entire lobbies?

Lobby Update in June
In June, many people were very enthusiastic about a major update that brought back lobbies! Unfortunately only for Bedrock. You could have done this for Java as well, but with some adjustments. Cube has said it will come to Java as more daily players come. Unfortunately, today's players have little influence on new players.

My opinion about it
I'm getting tired of this lobby, it's always the same, no variety. I think waiting for more players won't make much sense since there is only one lobby now. If I speak for myself, I am completely 'Into Cube' again if there are multiple lobbies. I am talking about the new lobbies that the Bedrock network now has.

Not an 'old Cube'
I've always liked the old CubeCraft times the most, but now I'm not talking about an 'old Cube' I'm talking about a positive improvement of the Java network. There is also some criticism of Cubercraft because the updates between Bedrock and Java are not properly distributed. I am not going to deny if I sometimes thought that myself.

Conclusion...
I think they should bring it back. If necessary with adjustments, such as fewer lobbies. I may be talking a little too easily at the moment, but I think that Java update could be a big positive step towards a larger Java network.

What's your opinion?

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
Hii
At this time, myself I don't mind if there'll come game-specific lobbies or not. I'd be happy if this lobby were to change a little, less industrial look (I believe @PerryJ made a wonderful thread about this).
Nonetheless, I'd enjoy game-specific lobbies, even tho I have no need for them to be added. Unfortunately I think they'll not add game lobbies if we don't hit 8K on a daily basis.
I also don't believe that adding them back will increase our playerbase (as you said at the end).

I made this answer very quickly during my lesson so this is probably very confusing, sorry😅

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Lobbies gone
After 'The Big Change' update, many people were not happy. I was not happy either. Many people did not understand it either. Why would you take away so many things. The argument for this was that lobbies were too empty and that there were many empty games. You could have solved this by generating fewer lobbies and fewer games, but is that really a reason to delete entire games and entire lobbies?
Of course the Big Change was a horrible change to make, also for Cubecraft, but it was unavoidable. Cubecraft saw a massive decrease in player count which made games not fill up. Games not filling up gives players a very bad experience which makes them never return to the network again. This meant they would lose even more players. To get out of this downward spiral this drastic change had to be made unfortunately. I hope you understand this.
Lobby Update in June
In June, many people were very enthusiastic about a major update that brought back lobbies! Unfortunately only for Bedrock. You could have done this for Java as well, but with some adjustments. Cube has said it will come to Java as more daily players come. Unfortunately, today's players have little influence on new players.
Back in June of 2020 Java attracted about 3.500 players during European day times, while Bedrock was expanding in player count every single day and getting above 30.000 players (I believe). The Bedrock part of the network is currently a lot more popular and therefore it is also very understandable that they got lobbies! There were enough players to make games and lobbies still fill up after making this change. Java on the other side, with 3.500 players on peak moments, was far away from that. Even with some ajustments there were still simply too few players to bring back lobbies.
My opinion about it
I'm getting tired of this lobby, it's always the same, no variety. I think waiting for more players won't make much sense since there is only one lobby now. If I speak for myself, I am completely 'Into Cube' again if there are multiple lobbies. I am talking about the new lobbies that the Bedrock network now has.
I agree with you, the current lobby has been there for too long and it's kinda sad that they have never really took the time to make the lobby better (for example add sections per gamemode with their own physical leaderboards, but within one lobby, which I think has been suggested before). But if the lobby was refreshed a bit more this would be all fine with me. Sure, giving games their own lobby is very fun, but it is absolutely no big deal if they haven't.
Not an 'old Cube'
I've always liked the old CubeCraft times the most, but now I'm not talking about an 'old Cube' I'm talking about a positive improvement of the Java network. There is also some criticism of Cubercraft because the updates between Bedrock and Java are not properly distributed. I am not going to deny if I sometimes thought that myself.
People always look to the past and think it was better, this is a bad attitude. You need to look to the future and see what the possibilities are. Of course 2017 Cubecraft was the best, it was the peak year of the network. But this is (sadly) probably never gonna be the same again.
Bedrock is experiencing this peak year(s) at the moment so it is very obvious that Bedrock recieves a bit more updates currently, also considering that the network is very new so a lot of things that are already on Java still have to be added to Bedrock. I however don't agree with you that Java does not recieve updates, the updates from the last year have been really awesome and refreshing and several new games have been added.
Conclusion...
I think they should bring it back. If necessary with adjustments, such as fewer lobbies. I may be talking a little too easily at the moment, but I think that Java update could be a big positive step towards a larger Java network.

What's your opinion?
They once said lobbies will come back when they consistently hit 8.000 players on peak hours. I also think this should be the best moment to bring back lobbies. I'd suggest them to do this a bit the same as they did it with Bedrock. Maybe give the main games (EggWars, SkyWars, Tower Defence, etc.) their own lobby and make a 'featured game' lobby for all the featured games (which will still be featured, not all available at the same time) and a BlockWars lobby for the BlockWars games maybe.
But these things are to be thought about once we hit 8.000 consistently!

Anyway, I hope you understand my points!

GroeneBanaan

Nov 26, 2018
Hii
At this time, myself I don't mind if there'll come game-specific lobbies or not. I'd be happy if this lobby were to change a little, less industrial look (I believe @PerryJ made a wonderful thread about this).
Nonetheless, I'd enjoy game-specific lobbies, even tho I have no need for them to be added. Unfortunately I think they'll not add game lobbies if we don't hit 8K on a daily basis.
I also don't believe that adding them back will increase our playerbase (as you said at the end).

I made this answer very quickly during my lesson so this is probably very confusing, sorry😅

Of course the Big Change was a horrible change to make, also for Cubecraft, but it was unavoidable. Cubecraft saw a massive decrease in player count which made games not fill up. Games not filling up gives players a very bad experience which makes them never return to the network again. This meant they would lose even more players. To get out of this downward spiral this drastic change had to be made unfortunately. I hope you understand this.

Back in June of 2020 Java attracted about 3.500 players during European day times, while Bedrock was expanding in player count every single day and getting above 30.000 players (I believe). The Bedrock part of the network is currently a lot more popular and therefore it is also very understandable that they got lobbies! There were enough players to make games and lobbies still fill up after making this change. Java on the other side, with 3.500 players on peak moments, was far away from that. Even with some ajustments there were still simply too few players to bring back lobbies.

I agree with you, the current lobby has been there for too long and it's kinda sad that they have never really took the time to make the lobby better (for example add sections per gamemode with their own physical leaderboards, but within one lobby, which I think has been suggested before). But if the lobby was refreshed a bit more this would be all fine with me. Sure, giving games their own lobby is very fun, but it is absolutely no big deal if they haven't.

People always look to the past and think it was better, this is a bad attitude. You need to look to the future and see what the possibilities are. Of course 2017 Cubecraft was the best, it was the peak year of the network. But this is (sadly) probably never gonna be the same again.
Bedrock is experiencing this peak year(s) at the moment so it is very obvious that Bedrock recieves a bit more updates currently, also considering that the network is very new so a lot of things that are already on Java still have to be added to Bedrock. I however don't agree with you that Java does not recieve updates, the updates from the last year have been really awesome and refreshing and several new games have been added.

They once said lobbies will come back when they consistently hit 8.000 players on peak hours. I also think this should be the best moment to bring back lobbies. I'd suggest them to do this a bit the same as they did it with Bedrock. Maybe give the main games (EggWars, SkyWars, Tower Defence, etc.) their own lobby and make a 'featured game' lobby for all the featured games (which will still be featured, not all available at the same time) and a BlockWars lobby for the BlockWars games maybe.
But these things are to be thought about once we hit 8.000 consistently!

Anyway, I hope you understand my points!
I'd understand some things, But I don't understand some other things to.

Reactions: Brayden6785

GroeneBanaan

Nov 26, 2018
Hii

I m
But the players are not going up really fast anyway, you think it is xD

Reactions: Rawrbin

GroeneBanaan

Nov 26, 2018
Hii

Players on Minecraft servers are also going down in general. If that goes even faster, how do you ever want to get that 8k?

Reactions: Rawrbin

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
But the players are not going up really fast anyway, you think it is xD
I know :(, but that doesn't change the fact we have to wait
It's slowly rising tho!
Players on Minecraft servers are also going down in general. If that goes even faster, how do you ever want to get that 8k?
Mhm, I don't know about that, however I do know that cube isn't losing players, but gaining. There's always more players online, a few months ago we had less players, another few months ago we still had less (and then it went very high due to corona and summer break and first time in lockdown for everyone) but before that it was EVEN lower
So we're definitely gaining players, even if minecraft was losing them in general

Either way, doesn't take the 8K requirement away, if we were to do it now because "less players play", we would face the problem of empty lobbies which is why we need 8K players, so it doesn't matter, we'll have to wait :)

Reactions: Maaarijn

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
I dont think we will have more lobbies for a while.

Either way, doesn't take the 8K requirement away, if we were to do it now because "less players play", we would face the problem of empty lobbies which is why we need 8K players, so it doesn't matter, we'll have to wait :)
this is the most logical reason.

GroeneBanaan

Nov 26, 2018
It's slowly rising tho!

Mhm, I don't know about that, however I do know that cube isn't losing players, but gaining. There's always more players online, a few months ago we had less players, another few months ago we still had less (and then it went very high due to corona and summer break and first time in lockdown for everyone) but before that it was EVEN lower
So we're definitely gaining players, even if minecraft was losing them in general

It's slowly rising tho!

That there are few players is the biggest problem, isn't it?

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Top Bottom