Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Tommy Boi

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2023
🇮🇪 Ireland
sunsunny.org
Pronouns
He/Him
So… just today 4 very important CubeCraft staff were demoted. This is in addition to the 3 mods already sacked / resigned. We are just over 3 weeks into 2024.

Slightly concerning.

The admin/all staff teams have had no response to the matter.

I’m just worried that the loss of three devs and the only customer support member will have a very bad effect on Cc, not only because everyone is angry about the devs being sacked but also the lack of devs (especially since they were responsible for a large amount of the updates recently) will have a really bad effect on the actual server.

So… I think we all really want a response from an admin about this, just to try and understand what’s going on.

Cheers.

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
dw considering most of the updates recently (apart from eggwars in December that was such a good update) less devs just means less bad updates :)

• Sad
Reactions: Casualpoalrbear

Tommy Boi

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2023
🇮🇪 Ireland
sunsunny.org
Pronouns
He/Him
dw considering most of the updates recently (apart from eggwars in December that was such a good update) less devs just means less bad updates :)
The battle arena updates?

Wait what happened? Who got demoted and what happened to Hazard?
Laura, Joey, Ethan and Hazard were fired

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
images - 2024-01-27T010115.052.jpeg

if the server doesn't properly address its issues ^

shean

Sep 30, 2023
So… just today 4 very important CubeCraft staff were demoted. This is in addition to the 3 mods already sacked / resigned. We are just over 3 weeks into 2024.

Slightly concerning.

I’m just worried that the loss of three devs and the only customer support member will have a very bad effect on Cc, not only because everyone is angry about the devs being sacked but also the lack of devs (especially since they were responsible for a large amount of the updates recently) will have a really bad effect on the actual server.

So… I think we all really want a response from an admin about this, just to try and understand what’s going on.

Cheers.
Ain't looking much better as the staff that remains lacks knowledge of ghost clients and do not lift their fingers to properly dish out proper punishment, they would rather get some easier discord mutes/bans in and/or play different games, than actually learning how clients work and solving issues on CC.
FFA is literally a cheaters paradise, where KB swords from Samurai and Sniper basically have no effect, regulars are extremly sus and certain mods just ignore the reports about regs. Being a reg doesn't exempt you from cheating, if anything makes it easier as nobody cares.

edit: they may delete your posts/mute you for things that aren't even against their official rules.

• Sad
Reactions: Reesle

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Ain't looking much better as the staff that remains lacks knowledge of ghost clients and do not lift their fingers to properly dish out proper punishment, they would rather get some easier discord mutes/bans in and/or play different games, than actually learning how clients work and solving issues on CC.
FFA is literally a cheaters paradise, where KB swords from Samurai and Sniper basically have no effect, regulars are extremly sus and certain mods just ignore the reports about regs. Being a reg doesn't exempt you from cheating, if anything makes it easier as nobody cares.

edit: they may delete your posts/mute you for things that aren't even against their official rules.
Who do you think works/ed on sentinel?

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I would be lying if I said everything that’s been going on recently hasn’t left me a little anxious. On the 18th, Laura said she would be trying to make the code for lucky islands crazy events easier to understand for other developers, which makes me think these developers were informed with very short notice. I think the feedback team being cut might have something to do with all of this. The reasoning for that being cut was “Focus being shifted to ongoing projects rather than new smaller ones” I have no idea why cutting staff would help accomplish such a thing, but I think it does make sense to pause or scrap the feedback team in this scenario, it isn’t like we started doing much anyway.
I think the worst outcome from this is a further decrease in communication between cubecraft and its community. Laura and Hazard were relatively vocal and reassuring during times when they were needed. I’m unsure what impact this will have on how the cubecraft ends up being developed, but I feel that with the feedback team being gone, the voice of the community isn’t going to be heard that much for some time. Personally, I might take a break and give this some time in case things continue to get worse, and will be shifting my focus onto community projects, rather than feedback (After finishing research)

I really hope that there is a good reason to why all of this is happening, and that the people who made these decisions have positive intents. I’m going to miss having Laura and Hazard around, as well as Blom. I think future of cubecraft looks very uncertain and unstable.

shean

Sep 30, 2023
Who do you think works/ed on sentinel?
Hopefully Devs and/or People with "somewhat" of experience about GCs. Because what Sentinel and the Staff teams knowledge of GCs are RN a mess.
You could hop on an alt, and experience half the lobby using modified knockback against you, which is just mindblowing, how bad the staffs seems to be do to their job.
Worse even, wasn't there a punishment history wipe that basically threw all the effort people did to get cheaters banned into the bin? Each staff who had a say in that decision should be put to the sword and shamed, cheaters never change, once their slimy hands get onto something that gives them an advantage, they will do so again now hence their punishment history has been wiped off completely.

Last edited:

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada

I haven’t played FFA much in the past 2-3 weeks, but before that I played it for 1-2 months almost every day, and I honestly noticed a decline in the amount of hackers I encountered. I rarely encounter hackers on CC anymore and I’m impressed.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I am emphatically saddened by the departure of @Laura and @Hazard regardless of the circumstances and our different opinions about CubeCraft, I have been part of this server's community for 6 years now and you rarely ever see people from their former positions who care beyond their contractual obligations and go out of their way to interact with the community.

And no, sending memes and responding to the easy threads isn't real interaction, it's responding to the fierce criticism threads just how Laura and Hazard did, cheers to them and I wish them the best of luck! I don't doubt for a second their passion will be well received elsewhere.

Cube Nerd

Jun 18, 2021
I think part of the reason is cubecraft is giving up. They rely on Minecraft for their players, and updateing their servers doesn't really change that. They are only competing with hive, which that have won. For the longest time hive has realized that sever updates don't matter, and I think that cubecraft feels it can ramp down a lot

ElFlxen_

Oct 20, 2020
México
Pronouns
He/Him
It's really sad to see how people who did so much for the community have been fired, Hazard always kept the community informed, and was there to calm them down during hard times, Laura has been a dev since 2018 and has made incredible Updates, proof of this is Minerware and the recent Eggwars Update, it's sad to see that it left some projects pending, Ethan released two good Updates recently, he released a lot of bug fixes, and he was very active in the community and was nice, Joey was new and unfortunately he couldn't do an update, although was working on internal server content.

Hopefully this does not affect future updates, and thanks to all these staff members for having been part of the CubeCraft Team
:cubie:

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

Slightly concerning.

Cheers.
I thing they will change the server 360° (full change )

shean

Sep 30, 2023
I haven’t played FFA much in the past 2-3 weeks, but before that I played it for 1-2 months almost every day, and I honestly noticed a decline in the amount of hackers I encountered. I rarely encounter hackers on CC anymore and I’m impressed.
Playing EU-Java will change it very quickly.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Top Bottom