Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I have a feeling cubecraft is missing something, as if it had a gap that needs filling ever since the removal of control point and moneywalls, I feel that we need a new gamemode to fill that gap.
Here is a list of current minigames and their features that I think are missing or have that should be added to a new game :

Blockwars is fun but the teams are big and the outcome of the game is hard to determine in advance and most of the time the biggest team wins. For the new game (not blockwars) smaller teams, preferably size 2-6 would allow individual teams to have more control on the outcome of the game.

The initial building/preparation time also plays a big role in the outcome of the game, which creates variation between each game, not knowing what the opposite team has in store for you makes the game challenging and fun.

Again, like blockwars these two gamemodes have the initial preparation time during that time player prepare for pvp as well as defending an egg, a core that allows you to respawn if you die, the core dies, you die, its game over.
But as much as you may be skilled in pvp there is a lot of void seperating you from mid, where its easy for players to camp with their bows, and prolong the duration of the game sometimes for hours on end as the main killer ends up being the void, especially on OP.
No or little to no void would be very much needed for the new gamemode.

Team Survival games as well as money walls appeal a lot to me as they are based on pvp and nothing feels better than dominating over other teams.
But this game doesn't replace moneywalls in the sence that there is an initial slaughter where people who where lucky in chests have an advantage over others.
But once your team has survived the initial slaughter and is grouped up, nothing feels better than to go on a manhunt with your friends and win the game.

I don't have much to say about this gamemode in relation to the new game except that having better stuff as you kill people is an interresting concept...

What made the game unique:
I would like to add that only losing a portion of your items (the tokens) upon death was a great part of what made money walls unique, stopping the other teams from running away with some precious emeralds was pretty fun.
The fact that people would respawn in full armour to defend their wither king was a good part of the game, the game made it so it was nearly impossible to camp for long periods of time.

We need a game that :
  • Has teams of 2-6 players
  • Includes pvp
  • Doesn't have void where a single snowball/arrow can kill you coming from behind, a little void is ok.
  • Doesn't have the initial slaughter right as the game starts.
  • Has initial preparation time. (Ex: Defences, traps, armour...)
  • You keep expensive (long time to get/rare) items on death whether they came from chests or a villager shop.

Money walls was just that but:
  • There only where 3 maps, 1 of which was basically core mode blockwars (prison) because of the team size
  • A lot of the times the maps where bugged
  • It didn't appeal to a large groupe of people, the people less skilled in pvp perhaps due to the mobs protecting the generators and the game being one of the hardest, especially against organised teams.
  • Having team mates quit on you as soon as the wither king dies...
Making the game have less attention than it probably deserved.

Games that fit this (games that could be used as inspiration) :
Working on this list, it is unfinished you could suggest games in the comments as well as your thoughts on this topic.
  • Cubecraft game : Money walls
  • Avicus game : Nebula
  • Factions
  • Sand walls

This thread is more a topic for discussion than an actual suggestion, I am interrested in what the community thinks or could add to what made money walls good.
I'm interrested in:
  • Your opinion.
  • What was your opinion on money walls?
  • What made it good/bad?
  • What is cubecraft missing? (if you sense a gap too)
  • What are game features that you like?
  • What features annoy you/problems you face in some games that you wish a new game should avoid/replace?
  • What other pvp based games do you play and what features do you like about them?
There is no need to reply to these questions, they are just there to help you formulate a response.
Don't hesitate to quote anything I said that may seem relevent to your comment.

The purpose of this thread is to encourage new ideas and suggestions (please post your suggestions in their seperate thread and not as a comment).

Last edited:
Reactions: Power Ranger

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
Why do you wanna have teams in Blockwars for 2-6players ?
Why can't you just keep the big teams for 10players? there is nothing wrong with that you have more chanches to die and if you have a team of 2-6 players you get more chanches to take the flag so isn't it good like it is now ?

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
you have more chanches to die and if you have a team of 2-6 players you get more chanches to take the flag
To be clear the suggestion isn't about making smaller teams in blockwars but about bringing in a new game that has what other current games are missing. For example: factions, money walls etc...
i love the teams of 10 in blockwars
Please stay on topic, blockwars is great with its larger teams but this isn't what this thread is about.
I'd rather just see money walls come back. So much can be done withvit.
Money walls is never coming back... because it had some drawbacks.

Reactions: Zombiepower

pewax

Sep 4, 2015
I think this post has great potential for users adding new games to Cubecraft. The post covers almost everything and it creates a good template for new game submissions ideas and I think should personally be a sticky thread in the suggestions part of the Cubecraft forums.

That being said I have come up with my own idea for a new game idea that contains many of the points made above.

Game Name: Industries
Type Of Game: PVE (not pvp as suggested above)
Team Types: 2-4 Teams

Aim Of The Game: To reach a curtain score before the other team.

Basic How To Play: Players would start off on each side of there map with a glass wall separating the 2 sides (or 4 depending on the size). On each side would be generators that the user can stand on for just like in eggewars. You will get points by putting your ores in a bank (where they cannot be removed) but your score will rise. You can attack the other team by buying mobs that attack them on their side and you can use your ores to upgrade to get better types of ore generator. When a player dies your team will lose money from their bank. First team to reach maybe 1000 points wins the game.

This is just a basic idea of a suggestion going off your post.

-Pewax

larswijn

Dedicated Member
We need a game that :
  • Has teams of 2-6 players
  • Includes pvp
  • Doesn't have void where a single snowball/arrow can kill you coming from behind, a little void is ok.
  • Doesn't have the initial slaughter right as the game starts.
  • Has initial preparation time. (Ex: Defences, traps, armour...)
  • You keep expensive (long time to get/rare) items on death whether they came from chests or a villager shop.
plus1.png

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
I actually feel like you do :( I did love the idea of Cubecraft adding a game mode like Cops and Crims.

I LOVE THAT GAMEMODE. :D :DDDDDDDDD

RockBob4

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
I actually feel like you do :( I did love the idea of Cubecraft adding a game mode like Cops and Crims.

I LOVE THAT GAMEMODE. :D :DDDDDDDDD
That would be coping from lowpixel so CubeCraft won't do it. I would really love to see aspects of control point but with balanced kits. This thread is so awesome and I hope it progresses further.

DestructionMaker

May 10, 2016
Maybe Hide and seek back but then a bigger version? Hide and seek with its own Lobby And a Original name with Plugins. ;P Would be epic!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mappoe wrote on Daanfkyy's profile.
followed you because i love minerware :3
Just got Golden Orator:D
Screenbits 2024-06-03_204050.png
Thank you so much for 2 500 in reaction score!:D
2 500 reaction score.png
I'm surprised I didn't get a welcome back trophy :o It's been well over a year! How is everyone? Catch me up on the latest gossip, cya!
qKhalidd wrote on Desiderata's profile.
hai. how ar u.
Top Bottom