Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

larswijn

Dedicated Member
I believe this has 2 sides. They both have good points, and im not choosing any of those 2 sides.

1. Im believing this thread is gonna close/get deleted today. Everybody take their screenies!
EDIT: wow. it actually didnt. i failed.
2. I know you find the fact that staff dont reply to reports stupid, and some staff have indeed not replied to multiple reports in months, but, i dont feel like you can judge 30+ people because of around 10 people. Also, most some of them ban in-game, and they also were normal players before this, and want to enjoy life.
They dont make money or anything with this either. Please respect that fact.

Sorry for the long post. This is getting out of hand :p

The devs are working on an anticheat that may or may not be being tested as of now :p
I believe it is/was online, but its still insanely bad, and needs some huge improvement

Oldest reports are given priority so the reports that have been sitting for 2 months are being replied to. The staff is making progress though. Helper applications are being accepted and a load of new helpers were recently added
I dont know how staff select reports, but their are some insanely old reports...

So are you're wanting us to be robots and not have a life outside of minecraft? I've spent 5 hours solving reports in 1 single day to see how many I could do in that time frame, and ofc I solved many. Now I'm telling you, solving reports can be fun but if you're doing it for 5 hours straight, it's painful then. Before complaining about something, always put yourself in our situations and also, don't complain to staff if you don't know either what we are doing.
We know Alex. I've seen you do them, just like some other insanely awesome staff members.
But now you're talking personaly. I really feel like some are not doing anything. And yes, they have a life, maybe some IRL problems even, but i dont believe this counts for every single one of them, or should protect all of the staff members.

Well is it just going to be the owners that work on the server? The current devs are trusted by the owners which is why they are staff.
IMO, the owners have a big reason for doing this: Warning: swearing.

That's like saying why are there any 1.8 vanilla servers? 1.8 vanilla servers don't have an anti cheat at all...
Im sorry, but please. This is one of the biggest 3 servers in the world, and not even in the top 100 servers with the best anti-cheat.

All current cubecraft games are playable which is god enough for now.
Please. Playable is not enough at all...

Let's say you spend an hour a day on reports as a moderator. Each report is going to take at least 5 minutes to look through, reply to, archive, and register everything on the ban website. so each staff member can now get 12 reports an hour. I have talked with moderators on another server and having the ban website makes everything so much longer. I doubt mods have /ban so they have to do all of that. With that accounted for you can do 12 give or take a couple reports in an hour. With 30 mods thats 360 reports a day. It would take the staff team 2 months to sort through that many.
Ha! 5 minutes per report? Might wanna have a look at Alex' stream where he's banning.
(also, im not targetting you power_ranger, you're just the one with the most complains about this thread. :/)

Watch your language please.
Please just...

24wshhg.png

6p2he8.png
Ha, future posts. Im awesome.
Yeah, i've seen this before, but still, this is one of the more insane moments... Most of the time, its reasonable, but still, if its possible, let some developers look at it.

Staff doesn't seem to open their eyes. I tried so many times to explain what they're doing wrong. It's one of the reasons why i'm in active at the forums right now, because the community is just crap right now. Staff is accepting as much helpers as they can, but what I noticed is that when they were still member they were 24/7 at the forums, but now they reply to a thread once a week.
"Last edited by a moderator: 16 minutes ago."
I did not see the comment itself, and maybe she was only swearing, but still. dont edit post and not make clear why/what you edited. This is to all staff btw.

Im really trying to help uploading reports but i cant understand this. Remember users also spend their time trying to improve the server but were getting tired
[reference]It worked! My timemachine worked![/reference]

1. agreed. a lot.
2. You also need to remember that staff is kinda in the same situation, they also have to look at/lock/reply to/ban people & threads. I dont think the huge unban/1 week ban helped them either. Just saying.

Last edited:

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Want to help the staff team, please apply here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/helper-applications-open.139999/

Let's be honest. "Staff is not doing their job, they don't care about reports" etc. etc. As @HackersDontWin already said, we have a life, school, friends, education and a lot more. There are reasons some staff are inactive, not replying to reports etc. So please respect us so we feel appreciated because we are Volunteers!!

larswijn

Dedicated Member
its fun how players get intervieuwed (what should mean that they are qualified) and still get denied after that? then why even bother giving someone a intervieuw that lasts 15 mins max?
spelled: interviewed/interview ; we all love dutch ;)
Again, not choosing a side but... Have you (or someone else) experienced this?
If so, i believe that they feel that theres something not right with your application.

Edit: weird stuff going on... Im not feeling safe anymore :rolleyes:

Sammitox

Apr 12, 2016
Want to help the staff team, please apply here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/helper-applications-open.139999/

Let's be honest. "Staff is not doing their job, they don't care about reports" etc. etc. As @HackersDontWin already said, we have a life, school, friends, education and a lot more. There are reasons some staff are inactive, not replying to reports etc. So please respect us so we feel appreciated because we are Volunteers!!
Thats why this server needs staff like how @Zhypo says.

Reactions: Zhypo

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015

When will staf stop with the standard answers? Saying things over and over again isn't helping this 'crap' community.

Zelreedy

Oct 6, 2014
That's like saying why are there any 1.8 vanilla servers? 1.8 vanilla servers don't have an anti cheat at all...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any busy vanilla servers that really need anti cheat. Even though, in such small servers where there are no anti cheats, Staff can teleport and spectate people whom they might think are hacking. I'm not really concerned with anti cheats as much as I'm concerned about the fact that SOME Staff are not helping us out by banning hackers, which allows hackers to accumulate. The reason I mentioned anti cheat is that Staff aren't banning hackers, which in this case anti cheat is needed to ban them. However, if all reports were replied to, I'm pretty sure you won't feel the server needs an anti cheat anymore, just as I felt back in the days when reports were all done by Staff.

Most of the new moderators are people who play and enjoy the server a lot why would they spend 100% or even 50% of their free time looking at reports than playing on their favorite server? Take it from their perspective would you spends hours every day looking at the most boring youtube videos ever for no pay or reward?

I wouldn't, but at the same time I wouldn't apply for Staff either. Players who apply for staff should know that they're expected to do reports, lots of reports. If they think they won't be able to do such a thing, in my opinion, they shouldn't apply for Staff, and leave it for more serious people who are glad to serve the community with nothing but occasional acknowledges from players.

Freebuild and the anticheat get asked about constantly. The posts on the forums reflect that. Bugs on the other hand are not really talked about on the forums and devs are not spammed 24/7 about specific bugs. All current cubecraft games are playable which is god enough for now.

And when they are spammed, do the bugs get fixed?

24wshhg.png
[/IMG]
24wshhg.png

6p2he8.png

You said all current cubecraft games are playable, but not all of them are playable really. I haven't seen Hide And Seek up for a while now, and Team Skywars map section looks like this, some signs with "SEARCHING FOR GAMES" and others with maps that the majority of the players don't play.

Maybe builders just like making eggwars maps? :p They are pretty simple to make so I see why. All other games take a while to build. (except skywars is pretty much the same but sometimes bigger)

Skywars is pretty much the same, but Team Skywars and other games are not paid as much attention to, either. People who constantly play Team Skywars only like playing 3 maps: Pacman, Trees, and Candy. All other maps are not that good to play in.

I, however, appreciate your interaction on this thread!

Zelreedy

Oct 6, 2014

We do respect and understand that you have your own private life, and we do appreciate that you spend your time answering our reports. But how I see it is, some Staff DO have the time to do reports, providing the evidence that you see them online both on forums and in game, but they just don't do it because they already got the rank they always wanted (I guess?) People apply for staff, I agree. How many players have been promoted to staff so far? And most of them still don't do the reports. The only outcome I see from this is that people apply for staff for the privileges staff get, not for helping out the community, as I said before. Again, if you don't think you have time for reports, due to whatever reasons you might have, then with my all due respect, you should replace your spot with someone who is willing to help out the server. Again, I'm not talking about every Staff Member here, since some of them really do care about the community. I'm sorry if I sound mean to some degree, but I don't mean to personally offend any Staff Member, I'm talking about the team altogether.

Steel_Bone

Jun 13, 2015
"We dont have time to read all the reports"
"Hey, a 1 week ban(warning) is a good idea"

Im really trying to help uploading reports but i cant understand this. Remember users also spend their time trying to improve the server but were getting tired.

All staff use the same answer but the fact is what it is.

Reactions: Zelreedy

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Well kid, you're one selfish boi.
I don't think you consider that staff don't get payed, They're doing it for free. FREE
So they might even decide to leave for any reason whatsoever at any given moment
They won't.

Steel_Bone

Jun 13, 2015
And see what hackers think about the new rules, this is a comment on a youtube report video that I uploaded:

"HAHA It's only a temporary ban"

After losing, recording, editing, uploading and writing a report(and waaaaaiting), I think thats a bit discouraging, isnt it? Maybe this is getting too unfair.

Just my point of view.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
And see what hackers think about the new rules, this is a comment on a youtube report video that I uploaded:

"HAHA It's only a temporary ban"

After losing, recording, editing, uploading and writing a report(and waaaaaiting), I think thats a bit discouraging, isnt it? Maybe this is getting too unfair.

Just my point of view.
You think not having mercy for anyone and letting them learn the only lesson of "You will never be forgotten for your cruel sins, screw off forever" is a good idea?

Zhypo

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2015
Happyland
Well kid, you're one selfish boi.
I don't think you consider that staff don't get payed, They're doing it for free. FREE
So they might even decide to leave for any reason whatsoever at any given moment
They won't.
It's obvious that they don't earn any money for it. But if you apply you should know you're willing to dedicate your time (mostly in staid of playing) on answering reports and after doing other things on the forums. Maybe you don't have a lot of time, and have to be inactive for a little while. But if that is for a long amount of time, it may be better to resign and give others a chance that have time, and are willing to dedicate their time on replying on reports and answering other questions on the forums.
I'm not trying to offend any staff members, but it might be good to take it into consideration if they really are willing to dedicate their time in moderating the server.

Steel_Bone

Jun 13, 2015
You think not having mercy for anyone and letting them learn the only lesson of "You will never be forgotten for your cruel sins, screw off forever" is a good idea?

Im just saying that staff cant handle these new rules and that a week warning is a joke.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom