Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

profpie2000

Mar 23, 2022
Out of every Cubecraft gamemode, every player has their own favourite gamemode, there hasn't been, and likely will never be a certain best gamemode. However you can try to argue about which one IS the best, which is why today I'm going to look at the best Cubecraft gamemodes and pick out the best.

(Admins if you get any ideas from this let me know ;)).

The first gamemode type we're going to look at is PVP, a staple of Minecraft culture! The server hosts a total of 8 core pvp gamemodes (CTF, Bridges, lucky blocks, skywars, eggwars, duels, ffa and survival games), all of which are designed to either be new concepts entirely or put a spin on old classics.

The common number 1 contender for this is likely Eggwars in terms of popularity, consistently getting a large fraction of Cubecraft's players, but lets be real, the main reason it does so well is because it's the closest thing Console players have to hypixel bedwars, and no amount of custom items will change that (still cool original takes on bedwars just not enough to stand out).

I believe that Cubecraft's best PVP gamemode would actually be Lucky Blocks, and hear me out here! Lucky Blocks is an original take on combining the iconic Lucky Blocks mods from the earlier days of Minecraft and Skywars, one of the largest pvp gamemodes. While this may seem bland, it's actually an idea that no other large servers (that I know of) have done, therefore resulting in a Cubecraft only experience. In addition to this MOST of the cosmetics are cool and unique (unlike THAT cosmetic pack). This is overall helps Cubecraft by giving a fully unique experience to the server that most gamemodes lack.

While I could look at every genre of mode individually, I fell the best way to judge the other modes is via a variety category. Here we have every other mode (Mineware, Skyblock, parkour and we'll throw in snowman survival and present rush for the fun of it).

The most likely 2 candidates for best variety gamemode is between Skyblock and Mineware. Skyblock gives an almost idle game feeling to it as you play very actively in the beginning but as you progress, it becomes a matter of hopping online twice a day or so to quickly do stuff then log off, giving a very rewarding feel for not much effort when you complete long quests and unlock islands. Meanwhile Mineware is pretty obviously the Minecraft equivalent of Wario Ware, being a series of short microgames to get points to win (It is also a favourite of the Cubecraft team if you look at the updates lol).

Out of the 2, I believe that Skyblock takes the cake here as it still keeps upwards of 1000 concurrent players despite not being updated in goodness knows how long. So if it received updates that aren't just bug fixes, it could easily claim the majority of the casual player base.

As for the LTM Christmas modes, Present rush wasn't really amazing due to the gameplay getting repetitive quickly, which is why even on it's last few days it only has less than 100 players the majority of the time. However snowman survival is a really good themed mode to have come back every year, as it's exactly what is says on the box! Hide and seek with snowmen! However despite this I still believe that the gameplay is too bland to really get a large and consistent player base if it wasn't a limited time mode when compared to others.

So the final question is which mode is TRULY the best? And out of the race between Skyblock and Lucky Blocks I'm actually throwing in a secret 3rd competitor, and that is a forgotten gamemode that was called, 'Magic and Mayhem'. For a first time making a gamemode of this genre and style, the Cubecraft team did and amazing job on this and it's interesting to think what could've happened if it stayed alive. One of the best parts of it was the extreme builds and finding loads of cool secrets and areas to explore! Probably the memory of it I remember the most was when I was grinding to get a stupidly powerful ice wand. While I plan to make a forum post another time about what it could've been, I will still include it here due to these amazing builds, gameplay and memories!

So out of these three, while Magic and Mayhem gets a close 2nd, I believe that the TRUE number 1 gamemode on Cubecraft is Skyblock. It has one of the most unique and interesting gameplay loops I've ever seen from a minecraft server (excluding magic and mayhem) but isn't so unique and alien that it drives players away. In a similar way to MaM (Magic and Mayhem), I plan to make a post about how it could be built on from here but to conclude for today, I believe that if Cubecraft wanted to, Skyblock could rise up again to the top just like it once did.

Feel free to debate your answers in the replies, and thanks for reading!

caraMel

caraMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Aug 7, 2022
England
Pronouns
She/Her
Woahhh, such a detailed thread 😍

Firstly,
The common number 1 contender for this is likely Eggwars in terms of popularity, consistently getting a large fraction of Cubecraft's players, but lets be real, the main reason it does so well is because it's the closest thing Console players have to hypixel bedwars, and no amount of custom items will change that (still cool original takes on bedwars just not enough to stand out).
CubeCraft Eggwars actually predates Hypixel Bedwars ;)

Now for my personal favourite gamemode. I'm sure this won't surprise anyone, but it's SG duos! Survival Games is one of the most classic Minecraft mini games out there. The simple concept enables it to be easily picked up while also having so many fun features to play around with and so much variance. I particularly like duos as that level of variance, along with the difficulty of fights, is increased.
In my opinion, SG is the perfect balance between the chaos and randomness of gamemodes like Lucky Islands, and the simplicity and sameness of gamemodes like duels which allows for mastering and improving skills more easily.
It is a gamemode that can be played by so many different skill levels, as although it seems to be a PvP based gamemode, it is relatively easy to become good at without being too good at PvP through the use of items and strategy.

profpie2000

Mar 23, 2022
Woahhh, such a detailed thread 😍

Firstly,

CubeCraft Eggwars actually predates Hypixel Bedwars ;)

Now for my personal favourite gamemode. I'm sure this won't surprise anyone, but it's SG duos! Survival Games is one of the most classic Minecraft mini games out there. The simple concept enables it to be easily picked up while also having so many fun features to play around with and so much variance. I particularly like duos as that level of variance, along with the difficulty of fights, is increased.
In my opinion, SG is the perfect balance between the chaos and randomness of gamemodes like Lucky Islands, and the simplicity and sameness of gamemodes like duels which allows for mastering and improving skills more easily.
It is a gamemode that can be played by so many different skill levels, as although it seems to be a PvP based gamemode, it is relatively easy to become good at without being too good at PvP through the use of items and strategy.
That's a good opinion! I actually didn't realize Eggwars predates bewars lol.

As for SG that reasoning I agree with as for why it would be one of the best but the main reason I didn't include it was because of the gamemode's age in general and not being hugely different to previous versions of it.

• Heart
Reactions: caraMel
Jan 6, 2024
"Eggwars" stands out as a superior game in my eyes for several reasons:

1 Strategic Resource Management: The need to manage resources effectively adds a strategic layer to the game that I appreciate. Collecting materials to fortify our position, purchase weapons, and upgrade gear provides a satisfying challenge that keeps me on my toes.

2 Continuous Updates and Development:
A game that receives regular updates remains fresh and exciting. If "Eggwars" developers actively support and update the game, it ensures a continuously evolving and improving experience, which is something I highly value for long-term.

3 Active Community Engagement:
The presence of a thriving community enhances my overall gaming experience. If "Eggwars" boasts an active and supportive player base, it contributes to a sense of belonging and provides opportunities for social interaction, making my time spent in the game more enjoyable.

In summary, from my perspective, "Eggwars" dominates in providing a unique, cooperative, and strategic gaming experience with an active community, continuous development, and balanced gameplay making it my preferred choice among other games.

Last edited:

Casualpoalrbear

Forum Expert
Sep 11, 2022
Somewhere in the North pole
m.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
"Eggwars" stands out as a superior game in my eyes for several compelling reasons:

1 Strategic Resource Management: The need to manage resources effectively adds a strategic layer to the game that I appreciate. Collecting materials to fortify our position, purchase weapons, and upgrade gear provides a satisfying challenge that keeps me on my toes.

A game that receives regular updates remains fresh and exciting. If "Eggwars" developers actively support and update the game, it ensures a continuously evolving and improving experience, which is something I highly value for long-term.

The presence of a thriving community enhances my overall gaming experience. If "Eggwars" boasts an active and supportive player base, it contributes to a sense of belonging and provides opportunities for social interaction, making my time spent in the game more enjoyable.

In summary, from my perspective, "Eggwars" dominates in providing a unique, cooperative, and strategic gaming experience with an active community, continuous development, and balanced gameplay making it my preferred choice among other games.
L take Minerware way better. L+ Ratio

okay but seriously this a very level headed and well written answer and pretty wholesome

hoppyfrog28_

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2023
da swamp
My favorite has got to be SkyWars. It's not too long, there's a perfect mix of chest looting, pvp, and block placing. It's also very fun to speedrun

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I’ll try my best to keep this short since most of what I will mention I will talk about in greater detail in future feedback posts. I’m currently working on a huge feedback post for lucky islands, and after that I want to try all of the other cubecraft games and explain why they fall short in my opinion. It’s also been a while since I’ve played cubecraft games accept lucky islands solos.

Lucky island solos is by far the best game cubecraft has to offer. It encourages players to find creative and strategic ways to use the items they are given to their advantage. It strikes a good balance between luck and skill, and allows players to play at a slow, or a fast pace depending on what kind of player they are. It rewards players who ration their resources but is not too punishing to players that do. The huge variety of unique and diverse lucky block outcomes prevents the game from ever becoming stale, and it never becomes too easy to win. If you’re ever in a bad position, it’s always possible to find a way to make a comeback. I could go on and on but for the sake of time, I won’t.

My big problem with minerware is that it becomes stale. Once you become good at all of the micro games, winning them isn’t all that challenging. A lot of times I feel like my fate is determined by the choices of other players, rather than my own. If someone decides they want to knock me specifically off the edge, there isn’t much I can do about it. If I’m already several points below first, I might as well do /hub (or /lobby, I forget the command) After playing the same micro games over and over, they get stale and never become more difficult as my skill increases. I have a suggestion on how to fix these problems, but that is for another time.

I just really don’t like skyblock. The times between ore regenerating, saplings growing, etc. completely kills my interest in the game. It’s never a question of if I can complete a quest, but rather if I have the patience to. Really, the only joy I find in the game is finding creative ways to automate resource collection, through farms and such.

Those are the games I probably played the most before lucky islands, and I don’t really care about most of the other games. Maybe I‘ll write about some of the other ones later.

Reactions: CrystalLegend01

profpie2000

Mar 23, 2022
"Eggwars" stands out as a superior game in my eyes for several reasons:

That's a fair opinion! I definitely agree about the fact that Eggwars has the advantage of getting more frequent updates and is 100% one of the best games for content creation due to many challenges being possible. This overall summarises Eggwars's consistent playerbase and updates which I wish could be done for other modes like Skyblock as well.

profpie2000

Mar 23, 2022
I’ll try my best to keep this short since most of what I will mention I will talk about in greater detail in future feedback posts. I’m currently working on a huge feedback post for lucky islands, and after that I want to try all of the other cubecraft games and explain why they fall short in my opinion. It’s also been a while since I’ve played cubecraft games accept lucky islands solos.

Lucky island solos is by far the best game cubecraft has to offer. It encourages players to find creative and strategic ways to use the items they are given to their advantage. It strikes a good balance between luck and skill, and allows players to play at a slow, or a fast pace depending on what kind of player they are. It rewards players who ration their resources but is not too punishing to players that do. The huge variety of unique and diverse lucky block outcomes prevents the game from ever becoming stale, and it never becomes too easy to win. If you’re ever in a bad position, it’s always possible to find a way to make a comeback. I could go on and on but for the sake of time, I won’t.

My big problem with minerware is that it becomes stale. Once you become good at all of the micro games, winning them isn’t all that challenging. A lot of times I feel like my fate is determined by the choices of other players, rather than my own. If someone decides they want to knock me specifically off the edge, there isn’t much I can do about it. If I’m already several points below first, I might as well do /hub (or /lobby, I forget the command) After playing the same micro games over and over, they get stale and never become more difficult as my skill increases. I have a suggestion on how to fix these problems, but that is for another time.

I just really don’t like skyblock. The times between ore regenerating, saplings growing, etc. completely kills my interest in the game. It’s never a question of if I can complete a quest, but rather if I have the patience to. Really, the only joy I find in the game is finding creative ways to automate resource collection, through farms and such.

Those are the games I probably played the most before lucky islands, and I don’t really care about most of the other games. Maybe I‘ll write about some of the other ones later.
I agree with your opinions on Mineware and skyblock in the fact that Mineware becomes easy to win when you learn it and Skyblock has long wait times, but at the end of the day they appeal to certain audiences and not everyone can enjoy every game.
Mineware is more of a game which you'd mainly play with friends due to it's party games style where no one really gets mad if they lose. This is most likely the big reason Cubecraft update it so much because then when you play it with friends every now and then it doesn't seem to get as repetitive due to new microgames, and as a result it brings larger groups of friends to play it rather than solo players in other gamemodes. As for Skyblock, while not specifically saying so, is an idle game where you often wait for things to happen and do other stuff while you wait, giving a rewarding feeling for completing things. However despite it's idle game style, it also has normal skyblock elements in it by working with what you have, and of course one of the biggest traits of Minecraft as a whole, making cool builds!

profpie2000

Mar 23, 2022
My favorite has got to be SkyWars. It's not too long, there's a perfect mix of chest looting, pvp, and block placing. It's also very fun to speedrun
That's fair! The biggest reason I didn't include it was because of the similarities to Hypixel and other servers, and it normally gets swept under the rug as merely a copy of Hypixel. Plus there is an entire mode which puts a unique spin on skywars so for originality that's just better, no debate.

Reactions: hoppyfrog28_

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
My favorite game seems to change, and I can’t really decide on one in particular, so I’ll list some games I likely considered my favorite at some point and give my opinion on them

Minerware
A few years ago, I had a major Minerware phase. I had a strategy for each microgame, and I got really close to the leaderboard then, but I sort of got burnt out and never made it; I think I was 10 wins away from making it then too. With the new updates, I started playing again recently and getting some more wins. I hope to make it onto the Minerware leaderboard at some point, but it’s going to take a while and I’m taking my time with it. Overall, Minerware is pretty fun and it’s a mix of both competitive and casual gameplay

BlockWars
At some point I had a BlockWars Capture the Flag phase which then switched over to Bridges when it released, so it was a phase of BlockWars in general. I had even bought the BlockWars Rank, which is still the only rank I own today. I don’t play BlockWars as much as I used to, and that’s because of how stressful Bridges got. Trying to cover and defend the pit wasn’t quite my thing (especially when I was the only person doing it); I did that every round for a while. Being a defense player wasn’t the most fun thing, so if I play Bridges again I’m definitely going for offense more often. The same kind of went for CTF which involved a lot of defense, probably more than in Bridges, and it had gameplay that was a little too consistent. I think BlockWars (Bridges) is better when I’m playing in a party; I played Bridges with Reesle somewhat recently and it was pretty fun and refreshing

EggWars
I was an EggWars player for the longest time, not a total pro or anything but experienced, often seeking out the longer, more strategic rounds which I found to be engaging. I usually stuck to Teams of 4, though I started playing Mega too later on.
I stopped playing EggWars several months ago, but I started playing it often again recently with the release of the new update. Pretty fun, though I’d kind of like to see the Punch bow return. I still mainly prefer Teams of 4

SkyWars
As for SkyWars, it was that game I played from time to time but now I generally play it more often, especially Solo. It’s a fun, quick-paced, and satisfying experience. I also play Teams of 2 and 4 sometimes, but I avoid Mega.
I don’t win SkyWars Solo all the time, but I have general strategies for almost every Solos map (which rarely involves going to the center). Also, I like using the void to my advantage

Lucky Islands
I’ve also played a good amount of Lucky Islands; I found my preference there to be Teams of 4. Lucky Island is an enjoyable and unique experience with some randomness to it. I originally liked the game because anyone could win and not just players that can hit you with their sword really fast.
I always have the Healer kit equipped, which is great for healing myself or teammates. This sometimes means that I have to craft a wooden sword though
The game started to get a little bland at some point, which I feel like is related to playing certain maps too many times. Playing the new RGB map was fun and refreshing though, and I look forward to seeing more maps in this game (there might be a newer one out actually). Also, for me the experience is more fun in a party

Last edited:

profpie2000

Mar 23, 2022
My favorite game seems to change, and I can’t really decide on one in particular, so I’ll list some games I likely considered my favorite at some point and give my opinion on them

Minerware
A few years ago, I had a major Minerware phase. I had a strategy for each microgame, and I got really close to the leaderboard then, but I sort of got burnt out and never made it; I think I was 10 wins away from making it then too. With the new updates, I started playing again recently and getting some more wins. I hope to make it onto the Minerware leaderboard at some point, but it’s going to take a while and I’m taking my time with it. Overall, Minerware is pretty fun and it’s a mix of both competitive and casual gameplay

BlockWars
At some point I had a BlockWars Capture the Flag phase which then switched over to Bridges when it released, so it was a phase of BlockWars in general. I had even bought the BlockWars Rank, which is still the only rank I own today. I don’t play BlockWars as much as I used to, and that’s because of how stressful Bridges got. Trying to cover and defend the pit wasn’t quite my thing (especially when I was the only person doing it); I did that every round for a while. Being a defense player wasn’t the most fun thing, so if I play Bridges again I’m definitely going for offense more often. The same kind of went for CTF which involved a lot of defense, probably more than in Bridges, and it had gameplay that was a little too consistent. I think BlockWars (Bridges) is better when I’m playing in a party; I played Bridges with Reesle somewhat recently and it was pretty fun and refreshing

EggWars
I was an EggWars player for the longest time, not a total pro or anything but experienced, often seeking out the longer, more strategic rounds which I found to be engaging. I usually stuck to Teams of 4, though I started playing Mega too later on.
I stopped playing EggWars several months ago, but I started playing it often again recently with the release of the new update. Pretty fun, though I’d kind of like to see the Punch bow return. I still mainly prefer Teams of 4

SkyWars
As for SkyWars, it was that game I played from time to time but now I generally play it more often, especially Solo. It’s a fun, quick-paced, and satisfying experience. I also play Teams of 2 and 4 sometimes, but I avoid Mega.
I don’t win SkyWars Solo all the time, but I have general strategies for almost every Solos map (which rarely involves going to the center). Also, I like using the void to my advantage

Lucky Islands
I’ve also played a good amount of Lucky Islands; I found my preference there to be Teams of 4. Lucky Island is an enjoyable and unique experience with some randomness to it. I originally liked the game because anyone could win and not just players that can hit you with their sword really fast.
I always have the Healer kit equipped, which is great for healing myself or teammates. This sometimes means that I have to craft a wooden sword though
The game started to get a little bland at some point, which I feel like is related to playing certain maps too many times. Playing the new RGB map was fun and refreshing though, and I look forward to seeing more maps in this game (there might be a newer one out actually). Also, for me the experience is more fun in a party
Cool! While a lot of players 1 one favourite mode, having a lot is arguably better as it gives more variety!
Also you should try playing Mineware with friends if you haven't already!

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
Despite listing 5 different games earlier, I’m going to say that EggWars is the best game on CubeCraft

Firstly, EggWars seems to have good long-term playability, at least for me I guess (I tend to play and prefer longer rounds)
But I think EggWars is often going to involve longer rounds nonetheless because of its somewhat advanced gameplay

It feels like a very structured game. In other games, if you fall off the map or get killed somehow, then you’re out of the game, but in EggWars you get another chance—if you still have an egg. This is generally going to mean longer rounds that entail strategy
Also, in SkyWars, your items mostly come from chests and gravestones, but in EggWars you have to strategically choose which items to buy from the Shop using the iron, gold, etc that you have with you
There are also Generators that grant you the currencies to use in the shop. The generators are able to be upgraded and even started sometimes, which costs the item that they generate. For example, you might have the choice to upgrade a gold generator to level 3 or to instead buy something with that gold. This seems to align well with the point @Enderdragon2190 made about Strategic Resource Management, which is a very good point
Also, EggWars brings in the goal of protecting your egg as well as possibly destroying another team’s egg, so it’s not only about eliminating players but also having an egg that allows respawning

Overall, EggWars is an advanced game that involves currencies, generators, the team shop (and the Perks Shop), shop discounts, and most importantly, an egg to protect. In addition, EggWars is the most popular game in the server
I find EggWars to be an enjoyable, strategic, and engaging game

Reactions: Tripleee

Tripleee

Feb 7, 2023
idk
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
In my opinion the best game is probably eggwars. Some other cubecraft games I enjoy are Minerware, and Survival games, however I feel like these can get repetitive while eggwars usually feels more fresh, as others have said it is also a more strategic game, that also allows for large party sizes, which puts it over some other games for me.

May 2, 2022
England
Hm. This is a tough one indeed. I think i'd go with... Mineware! The variety of mini-games is super fun, i truly enjoy myself when playing mineware haha!

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Top Bottom