Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on Lucky Islands, try to stay on topic!

Do you like playing lucky blocks?

• Total voters

Mintypie231

Novice Member
Feb 7, 2024
a parallel universe
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Hello!
Lucky blocks would always be my first priority while playing on CubeCraft :cube_dark: !
Although I like to play lucky blocks, I would really like to hear what other people think about this game.

There are some questions I wanted to ask. You can answer these (only if you want to)-
1. Why do you like/dislike this game?
2. What makes you play this game?
3. What do you like about lucky blocks?
4. What is your favorite item?
If you would tell your thoughts about this game, it would really make my day! :)

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
Even though I mainly play Team Eggwars, Lucky blocks is still really fun gamemode to play because it's more peaceful. My favourite item must be the boomerang blocks because it works really well and it's really useful!

TheOrderOfSapphire

Sapherator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 30, 2022
Sweden
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Helloo! So fun seeing these posts here:D I will take this as a school assignment xD
1. Why do you like/dislike this game? 🧡 1. I like Lucky Blocks a lot. I played this game mode back in the old days on Java a lot with my friends and alone. This was my natural choice and brings back memories. I always like random things (as I am a random person myself.) So seeing that if you break a Lucky block can it spawn different things. This gives countless opportunities for fun and random things to happen. This is one of the many things I love with Lucky blocks!:D
2. What makes you play this game? 💜 2. I love random things as I mentioned and also the memories with old friends. But what really makes me go back into the game mode is the people. I found so many people who play lucky blocks are so kind and friendly. (This is no hate for other players playing other game modes.) The people I meet there are so kind and chill towards me and my friends. So I always looking forward to meeting a friendly person in a game or in lobbies. Ofc can this be different from person to person.
3. What do you like about lucky blocks? 💚 3. As I mentioned above many things but also back in the day I watched YouTubers playing Lucky Block (Lucky Islands). I enjoyed watching their videos and other content about it. So when I now have the opportunity to stream and make videos or other content. Am I always happy when people want to play lucky blocks. As I enjoyed playing with other YouTubers back in the day, and still do when I rarely find someone streaming it:D The randomness of the game mode can lead to many fun laughs and fun memories.
4. What is your favorite item? 💛 4. I love the wands a lot but the TNT wand is my favorite one. I used it to blow my friends when they tried to stream snipe me but also by sneakily placing a TNT behind my enemies. As I myself love games that require some sneaking/stealth (Assassins Creed games going wild.) Is this why I love the TNT wand and will probably be one of my most used wands over my time on Cubecraft:D (PS I hope I don't get graded 😂)

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello!
Lucky blocks would always be my first priority while playing on CubeCraft :cube_dark: !
Although I like to play lucky blocks, I would really like to hear what other people think about this game.

There are some questions I wanted to ask. You can answer these (only if you want to)-
1. Why do you like/dislike this game?
2. What makes you play this game?
3. What do you like about lucky blocks?
4. What is your favorite item?
If you would tell your thoughts about this game, it would really make my day! :)
I dont like the game just of my bad luck 😂 so i play 10 game and see my luck is not good so i dont play it
But i see it a funny game bc you cant expect what the lucky block give you so you play for your luck

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
I like Lucky Blocks/Lucky Islands because of how versatile, unique, and random its gameplay is; I always play Teams of 4 because I like being accompanied by and working with teammates (even if they do occasionally try to kill me with a lava bucket or dragon’s breath wand xD), and I also like the environment and gameplay that comes with Teams.

Lucky Islands is not quite a game that someone can play the exact same way each round, and I like that. A player is not destined to receive a good sword and good armor, which means that the player should ideally be clever and strategic. Almost anyone can win with the use of strategy—you don’t have to be super good at sword fighting to experience victory. The special custom items help to achieve this idea of strategy, and they can be used to achieve many different tricks.

I come back to this game because of that enjoyable strategy. It’s satisfying to eliminate other players, to win, and to experience the unique chaos that comes with a round. It can also be fun to experience teamwork.

My favorite item in Lucky Islands is most likely the Elevator. It is really satisfying and exciting when I manage to clutch during a void fall using it, and it can also be used to get onto a higher level or part of the map in general. Overall, it’s a very useful item.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s complicated, and I would have to sit and think for a long time to share all of my opinions and thoughts about it. The game does a great job a getting you hooked, thanks to whacky and unpredictable outcomes. This also keeps the game from ever becoming stale. Many aspects make the game appealing to casual players who still seek a PvP experience.

I fell in love with the game a while ago. It just never stopped being fun, and I kept playing and playing and playing. I would go for hours and hours without getting tired, learning more about how the game works and finding a complex array of different tactics and strategies.

After some updates around August of 2023, the game was changed. I want to make a big feedback post about what went wrong and how to fix it, but feel this isn’t the time when it would receive the attention I want it to, and would rather increase my understanding of the game’s mechanics for the time being. The game‘s meta no longer feels exotic and complex, it’s repetitive and bland now. I couldn’t pin a single reason as to why, but I have my theories. I made some feedback initially, but I never got a ton of attention, except from another top player who shared similar feelings:

“You couldn't explain it better, I play lucky islands since its beta phase on bedrock and before that I played it on java, now there is too much loot that doesnt add anything to the game, personally I feel that I dont use the wands or the special bows as much as before, games were funnier before 1.19, now as you say, it's just fight-fight-fight, you don't need to think much and that’s so sad, I used to play like 30 games (everyday) in a row without getting bored and now I barely can play 6 games and left the server for some days again…” (#1 Bedrock Lucky Islands solos player, Visored Track, now retired. From this thread, comment #8)

No, I haven’t quit yet. The games still a bit fun to play, it just isn’t the same as it was which is sad because it was truly something special. I’m not giving up on it any time soon, for now I want to try to research more about the game and help build a community around it, then I want to try to fix the games flaws because I genuinely think it could become such a fantastic game. However, I understand it will be nearly impossible to accomplish anything significant, and I am going to be challenged greatly along the way. Of every type of game it could have been, it just had to be in a Minecraft server with a theme made popular by kids YouTubers. Things could definitely change if I find something else I feel the same passion for.

At the moment, it’s hard, I’ve learned on the more difficult input device and have my own list of problems with Minecraft as a base game, but the game has my soul on a leash and it isn’t letting go anytime soon. My mental health has also been very very bad lately (part of the reason I’m less active), and the game‘s flaws sometimes add to my frustration and sadness. I really need to take a brake from playing competitively and focus completely on research and community projects. I’m hoping things will get better as time goes on.

Lucky islands is a special game that holds a place in my heart that I’m never ever going to forget one way or another, and I’m not going to give up on it just yet.

Mintypie231

Novice Member
Feb 7, 2024
a parallel universe
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Helloo! So fun seeing these posts here:D I will take this as a school assignment xD
1. Why do you like/dislike this game? 🧡 1. I like Lucky Blocks a lot. I played this game mode back in the old days on Java a lot with my friends and alone. This was my natural choice and brings back memories. I always like random things (as I am a random person myself.) So seeing that if you break a Lucky block can it spawn different things. This gives countless opportunities for fun and random things to happen. This is one of the many things I love with Lucky blocks!:D
2. What makes you play this game? 💜 2. I love random things as I mentioned and also the memories with old friends. But what really makes me go back into the game mode is the people. I found so many people who play lucky blocks are so kind and friendly. (This is no hate for other players playing other game modes.) The people I meet there are so kind and chill towards me and my friends. So I always looking forward to meeting a friendly person in a game or in lobbies. Ofc can this be different from person to person.
3. What do you like about lucky blocks? 💚 3. As I mentioned above many things but also back in the day I watched YouTubers playing Lucky Block (Lucky Islands). I enjoyed watching their videos and other content about it. So when I now have the opportunity to stream and make videos or other content. Am I always happy when people want to play lucky blocks. As I enjoyed playing with other YouTubers back in the day, and still do when I rarely find someone streaming it:D The randomness of the game mode can lead to many fun laughs and fun memories.
4. What is your favorite item? 💛 4. I love the wands a lot but the TNT wand is my favorite one. I used it to blow my friends when they tried to stream snipe me but also by sneakily placing a TNT behind my enemies. As I myself love games that require some sneaking/stealth (Assassins Creed games going wild.) Is this why I love the TNT wand and will probably be one of my most used wands over my time on Cubecraft:D (PS I hope I don't get graded 😂)
That's great! I also used to play this game mode with my friends, but only a few of my friends seem interested about lucky blocks...

It’s complicated, and I would have to sit and think for a long time to share all of my opinions and thoughts about it. The game does a great job a getting you hooked, thanks to whacky and unpredictable outcomes. This also keeps the game from ever becoming stale. Many aspects make the game appealing to casual players who still seek a PvP experience.

I fell in love with the game a while ago. It just never stopped being fun, and I kept playing and playing and playing. I would go for hours and hours without getting tired, learning more about how the game works and finding a complex array of different tactics and strategies.

After some updates around August of 2023, the game was changed. I want to make a big feedback post about what went wrong and how to fix it, but feel this isn’t the time when it would receive the attention I want it to, and would rather increase my understanding of the game’s mechanics for the time being. The game‘s meta no longer feels exotic and complex, it’s repetitive and bland now. I couldn’t pin a single reason as to why, but I have my theories. I made some feedback initially, but I never got a ton of attention, except from another top player who shared similar feelings:

“You couldn't explain it better, I play lucky islands since its beta phase on bedrock and before that I played it on java, now there is too much loot that doesnt add anything to the game, personally I feel that I dont use the wands or the special bows as much as before, games were funnier before 1.19, now as you say, it's just fight-fight-fight, you don't need to think much and that’s so sad, I used to play like 30 games (everyday) in a row without getting bored and now I barely can play 6 games and left the server for some days again…” (#1 Bedrock Lucky Islands solos player, Visored Track, now retired. From this thread, comment #8)

No, I haven’t quit yet. The games still a bit fun to play, it just isn’t the same as it was which is sad because it was truly something special. I’m not giving up on it any time soon, for now I want to try to research more about the game and help build a community around it, then I want to try to fix the games flaws because I genuinely think it could become such a fantastic game. However, I understand it will be nearly impossible to accomplish anything significant, and I am going to be challenged greatly along the way. Of every type of game it could have been, it just had to be in a Minecraft server with a theme made popular by kids YouTubers. Things could definitely change if I find something else I feel the same passion for.

At the moment, it’s hard, I’ve learned on the more difficult input device and have my own list of problems with Minecraft as a base game, but the game has my soul on a leash and it isn’t letting go anytime soon. My mental health has also been very very bad lately (part of the reason I’m less active), and the game‘s flaws sometimes add to my frustration and sadness. I really need to take a brake from playing competitively and focus completely on research and community projects. I’m hoping things will get better as time goes on.

Lucky islands is a special game that holds a place in my heart that I’m never ever going to forget one way or another, and I’m not going to give up on it just yet.
I kind of agree. Lucky blocks did change after 1.19. It changed a lot, which led to it having more negative things. Although everything changed, there are still a lot of things I like about lucky blocks and would probably never leave it.
I hope things go better in the future for you!

I like Lucky Blocks/Lucky Islands because of how versatile, unique, and random its gameplay is; I always play Teams of 4 because I like being accompanied by and working with teammates (even if they do occasionally try to kill me with a lava bucket or dragon’s breath wand xD), and I also like the environment and gameplay that comes with Teams.

Lucky Islands is not quite a game that someone can play the exact same way each round, and I like that. A player is not destined to receive a good sword and good armor, which means that the player should ideally be clever and strategic. Almost anyone can win with the use of strategy—you don’t have to be super good at sword fighting to experience victory. The special custom items help to achieve this idea of strategy, and they can be used to achieve many different tricks.

I come back to this game because of that enjoyable strategy. It’s satisfying to eliminate other players, to win, and to experience the unique chaos that comes with a round. It can also be fun to experience teamwork.

My favorite item in Lucky Islands is most likely the Elevator. It is really satisfying and exciting when I manage to clutch during a void fall using it, and it can also be used to get onto a higher level or part of the map in general. Overall, it’s a very useful item.
That's nice. I can relate about the teammates trying to kill you.
The elevator is really satisfying. It's one of the most useful items in lucky blocks.

I dont like the game just of my bad luck 😂 so i play 10 game and see my luck is not good so i dont play it
But i see it a funny game bc you cant expect what the lucky block give you so you play for your luck
Not everyone likes lucky blocks. It is based on luck (and other skill too), so I can't blame you.
I appreciate your opinion.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Top Bottom