Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

XPfirePlayz

Novice Member
May 3, 2020
California
Hey guys!

If you play a lot of Bedrock and report players or have applied for staff, you might know the frustrations of having to copy and paste a template. These templates can and should be replaced with a web form. This form would replace the current new thread creation process. Once the form is filled out with all the required fields, the form will take the information and create a new thread for you. An example of what the form may look like is pictured below.

1619574357412.png

🧑Player Ease-of-Use

Using a form will be easier for players to fill out reports. No more reading the guide to find the template. It will make sure players know all the required information needed to submit a report and ensures that all reports are filled out fully. With an added benefit of being able to directly link to one page allowing staff to direct players to reports much more easily.

🔍 Consistency for Staff

Staff have to review hundreds of reports everyday and I assume a good amount of these reports aren't properly formatted. It will be easier for staff to review these reports being able to find information in an easy consistent way as the form creates threads near identical to each other(apart from the user inputted text). This will also help to reduce the number of reports missing important details such as evidence and usernames as the form cannot be submitted without these required fields.

For staff and those who would like to learn more about the features of forms, please see this add-on from XenForo's forums here.

Last edited:

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I think it would still be easier if the report site has an option for bedrock reports, instead of doing that on the forums. But this might also work, as it's a lot easier then copy-paste the template each time. So I agree with this idea.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
I've only made a few bedrock reports in my time, and it was a struggle, it takes way longer than a java report. I believe this would make things go a lot smoother.

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
Not possible without a full major rework. This person's idea is much easier than that.
I know that, for the developers it's much easier to make this. But I meant that the other options would be easier for the players. So I would love to see an option to report Bedrock players on the report site, but since that's too much work for the developers right now, this is a really good option.

XPfirePlayz

Novice Member
May 3, 2020
California
I know that, for the developers it's much easier to make this. But I meant that the other options would be easier for the players. So I would love to see an option to report Bedrock players on the report site, but since that's too much work for the developers right now, this is a really good option.
While I can't say for sure, I've heard the reports site is being phased out. I've been told that they will move Bug reports and Website bug reports to the forums soon which could mean they will phase out Player reports as well.

Since XenForo(the website software Cubecraft uses) allows a lot of customization, we could possibly have similar parts of the reports site that make it easy for players. Such as having one link to report everything, and having options like Minecraft or Website, Java or Bedrock, etc.? Each link sending to a different form.

• Love

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hi! Thanks for the suggestion 😄

This is something that we've been working on on the side for the last couple of months. I'll need to discuss this with the moderation team regarding Bedrock reports, but we're creating forms using a XenForo addon for helper / designer / translator applications, as well as other forms like ex-staff appeals and bug reports. Trying to ensure that they're as smooth and presentable as possible before releasing entirely! ^_^

I'll mark this as planned for now. Thanks again! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on llvqs's profile.
Thank you for the follow! Also have a good redt of your day/night today!:D
I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Top Bottom