Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
Wow... I love this idea!
And if there're inappropriate names then we can report/ban them just like we do with skins and inappropriate usernames

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Simply add a message stating that innapropriate names are bannable. And also since this would be donator only I dont think many people would do it.
you seem to think that i am unaware of this though i am not you have a different thought because anybody could buy a rank mature [for most mature-ish] or not [being the not even remotely mature] so that point isn't really actually valid and somebody already said add a message to it so that comment was pointless

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
If people put an inappropriate name, then punishments could follow.

However the premise of this is very good. :] Perhaps having preset names to count the inappropriate names problem?

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
That's true, but then you just wouldn't use it. :)
That wouldn't be fair. More trolling would arise from that and the inability to use an extremely good renamed weapon. What if, out of a prank, the guy has an enchanted diamond sword (best one in the match) and decides to rename it to something inappropriate? He dies and someone gets it. Now the new owner has to dump that weapon away or waste some levels to rename it because it has a bad name or use it and risk getting punished. Even if he renames it, that still costs at least 1 level and the levels could have gone to upgrading another item, in which case this still goes against the way the game is supposed to be played.

Also, renames cost equal to the item's current enchant cost (always at least 1 level).

In short, that would go against the game to a degree. All games encourage players to upgrade their items, not stick with their current gear (if it is weaker than the new items) or downgrade because of that exploit.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
That wouldn't be fair. More trolling would arise from that and the inability to use an extremely good renamed weapon. What if, out of a prank, the guy has an enchanted diamond sword (best one in the match) and decides to rename it to something inappropriate? He dies and someone gets it. Now the new owner has to dump that weapon away or waste some levels to rename it because it has a bad name or use it and risk getting punished. Even if he renames it, that still costs at least 1 level and the levels could have gone to upgrading another item, in which case this still goes against the way the game is supposed to be played.

Also, renames cost equal to the item's current enchant cost (always at least 1 level).

In short, that would go against the game to a degree. All games encourage players to upgrade their items, not stick with their current gear (if it is weaker than the new items) or downgrade because of that exploit.
I think every sword should show ownership like: xx_360noscope101 was killed by awesomebutter234's sword of death to prevent misunderstanding. This should not be changeable that fake bans wont happen as much.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I think every sword should show ownership like: xx_360noscope101 was killed by awesomebutter234's sword of death to prevent misunderstanding. This should not be changeable that fake bans wont happen as much.
to start it should have to have your username in it like jollow250 was killed by xx_360noscope101 using xx_360noscope101's sword of death

but however with this in mind this could add framing to the matter because in game lets say you don't like a player if you could get levels and get an anvil then [for example not saying that you would do something like this @1212hawks_ but you are just the first player excluding @xx_360noscope101 because i used him in my previous example] so @1212hawks_ again not saying you would renamed a random sword to jollow250's and then an inappropriate name and purposely died or in some way gave me the sword i don't realise the name and i killed somebody with it then i would be reported for doing nothing except not notice what the sword i picked ups name is

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
to start it should have to have your username in it like jollow250 was killed by xx_360noscope101 using xx_360noscope101's sword of death

but however with this in mind this could add framing to the matter because in game lets say you don't like a player if you could get levels and get an anvil then [for example not saying that you would do something like this @1212hawks_ but you are just the first player excluding @xx_360noscope101 because i used him in my previous example] so @1212hawks_ again not saying you would renamed a random sword to jollow250's and then an inappropriate name and purposely died or in some way gave me the sword i don't realise the name and i killed somebody with it then i would be reported for doing nothing except not notice what the sword i picked ups name is
I said that the name should be unchangable by anvil to prevent false reports. ;)

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
It's renaming a weapon for fun. Of course a small minority of people will always abuse it, just like they do when bypassing the chat filter. But should the community turn their noses up at such a minor suggestion just because of a small minority of people?
Some people team kill, should we just not have any more team games so that we can avoid that problem? Some people hack, should we just not have any PvP games to avoid that problem? Suggestions like this shouldn't be disregarded purely because a small portion of players will abuse it, that's why cubecraft has a punishment system in place. You kill someone and see he has an awesome weapon that he's renamed to something inappropriate, then so what? You've just beat him with what you already had so it's not that big of a deal. Place it on the ground and watch it burn :)

Reactions: Thaus

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
It's renaming a weapon for fun. Of course a small minority of people will always abuse it, just like they do when bypassing the chat filter. But should the community turn their noses up at such a minor suggestion just because of a small minority of people?
Some people team kill, should we just not have any more team games so that we can avoid that problem? Some people hack, should we just not have any PvP games to avoid that problem? Suggestions like this shouldn't be disregarded purely because a small portion of players will abuse it, that's why cubecraft has a punishment system in place. You kill someone and see he has an awesome weapon that he's renamed to something inappropriate, then so what? You've just beat him with what you already had so it's not that big of a deal. Place it on the ground and watch it burn :)
Or take a screenshot of it and report. If we show ownership, it may prevent some confusion and if we outlaw the changing of names for these vanity named items, it may also help prevent further false reports.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Dualninja's profile.
Hey Dual! 👋
How are you doing? :)
Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
Top Bottom