Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Ryaan

Novice Member
Jul 4, 2020
Hello there!
I just finished an eggwars game which really wasn't fair. Let me explain;
So we had one at our island, others were outside fighting another team (map was kingdom, 4 teams each has 4 people in it).
So someone attacked us, killed my teammate and placed blocks right above the spawn point (3x3, in the middle and sides obsidian blocks, in the corner it was normal blocks).
This isn't fair, we can't break the blocks, we can't move outside, we can't buy anything. Literally can't do anything just die respawn die respawn without anything happening because NOTHING is possible to do. Also I wanna mention that in this case the 4 players died so we all were stuck (we died after he placed the blocks)
2021-12-22_21.55.57.png

This SS might make it clearer.

My suggestion is changing the rule 1.5 so this thing is not allowed to do. As I said this isn't fair at all and you can't do ANYTHING.

99th_DutchVoid

Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2016
Overijssel, The Netherlands
www.99th-dutchies.nl
Pronouns
He/Him
I think you should not even be able to build at/close to the spawn, making this a bug (but correct me if I'm wrong)
After checking: "- You can now build in team respawn locations after their egg is broken.". So placing those blocks as mentioned in your thread, should not even be possible. Please report it as a bug via Java Bug Reports.

Reactions: Ryaan

Lqgend.

Novice Member
Apr 5, 2020
Brazil
Saw your messages on discord staff help, this is definitely a bug and needs to get fixed soon just by making it so you can’t place blocks there(rather than editing the rules). I probably would’ve just left the game.

Reactions: Ryaan and Amazinq

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
After checking: "- You can now build in team respawn locations after their egg is broken.". So placing those blocks as mentioned in your thread, should not even be possible. Please report it as a bug via Java Bug Reports.
It's not a bug. You can't place on a 3x3x2 area around spawn. Half blocks are not counted in calculating this area. Therefore you are supposed to be able to place these blocks.

On the notion, don't get spawn trapped. You can get spawn trapped in (almost, I might miss one but I'm fairly sure it's every single map atm) every map, not just this one. As long as the team trapping you is taking your egg. It's fine.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Then they should be counted. That unbuildable area is exactly to prevent things like this from happening, if half blocks are causing these situations, it's a bug
Wdym prevent? You can spawn trap everywhere.
"We couldn't do anything", yeah well don't get Obby trapped..?
It's more than fine at the moment

99th_DutchVoid

Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2016
www.99th-dutchies.nl
Pronouns
He/Him
Trapping players so that they can't leave their spawn, yeah that happens. And you could still get out of that situation with a lot of patience. But trapping in a way that suffocates the players over and over, with no way to get out, is definitely undesirable behavior, which is usually prevented by the building prevention on the spawn locations.
I stand by my statement that the given situation is not supposed to be possible and should therefore be reported as a bug.

Also, "Yeah well don't get Obby trapped.." might be the most useless response to this matter I've ever heard 🙄.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Trapping players so that they can't leave their spawn, yeah that happens. And you could still get out of that situation with a lot of patience. But trapping in a way that suffocates the players over and over, with no way to get out, is definitely undesirable behavior, which is usually prevented by the building prevention on the spawn locations.
I stand by my statement that the given situation is not supposed to be possible and should therefore be reported as a bug.

Also, "Yeah well don't get Obby trapped.." might be the most useless response to this matter I've ever heard 🙄.
We'll compare situations, either you're blocked in with clay or with Obby. Obby you're not getting out anyway. If you're in clay, you won't suffocate cause you can break the clay block before you're dead. Therefor, with "patience" you'll still be able to get out. In conclusion, the situations are the same. Except that you die if you're in obby in Kingdom but not on other maps. But well, if you're Obby trapped chances are you'll be killed by the player anyway.

As for the "useless" repsonse, idk why that's so useless. It's part of playing, making sure you don't get spawn trapped. It's something you can control and should try to control (leaving dia pick in your spawn on western for example). It's not useless at all. Anyway, I doubt I'll be able to change your mind on this. And I know I won't change so I'll just hope it won't get changed.

• Unsure
Reactions: Amazinq

99th_DutchVoid

Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2016
www.99th-dutchies.nl
Pronouns
He/Him
We'll compare situations, either you're blocked in with clay or with Obby. Obby you're not getting out anyway. If you're in clay, you won't suffocate cause you can break the clay block before you're dead. Therefor, with "patience" you'll still be able to get out. In conclusion, the situations are the same. Except that you die if you're in obby in Kingdom but not on other maps. But well, if you're Obby trapped chances are you'll be killed by the player anyway.

As for the "useless" repsonse, idk why that's so useless. It's part of playing, making sure you don't get spawn trapped. It's something you can control and should try to control (leaving dia pick in your spawn on western for example). It's not useless at all. Anyway, I doubt I'll be able to change your mind on this. And I know I won't change so I'll just hope it won't get changed.
Regardless of being able to get out of a spawn trap or not, placing blocks on the spawn location (causing players to spawn in blocks) is suppose to be prevented by the protection I've mentioned before. That fact that players spawn on half-blocks in this particular map causes this protection to fail in its purpose and is therefore a bug.
If you think that these particular traps are intended or desirable behavior, we'll have to agree to disagree on this statement.

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him

It's not the same.
If someone is trapping and then killing you wouldn't be allowed because it's kill farming but it's completely different if someone puts blocks above you and you die suffocated due to the blocks. You are dying but not getting kills for the other player so it's allowed.

The fact is that you can only trap with blocks in the spawn area in Kingdom map, not in the rest of the maps so that's why seems a bug and not a game feature as you said

Ryaan

Novice Member
Jul 4, 2020
I think you should not even be able to build at/close to the spawn, making this a bug (but correct me if I'm wrong)
I don't know. I asked in staff-help channel and said it might be a bug, but the moderator told me to suggest making this not allowed

It's not a bug. You can't place on a 3x3x2 area around spawn. Half blocks are not counted in calculating this area. Therefore you are supposed to be able to place these blocks.

On the notion, don't get spawn trapped. You can get spawn trapped in (almost, I might miss one but I'm fairly sure it's every single map atm) every map, not just this one. As long as the team trapping you is taking your egg. It's fine.
Well how is it fine though?
Like, I couldn't even break blocks and I will just die and respawn again without anything changing.

As I said I can't break it, I will die for sure, if it was like blocks AROUND me it would have been good but in this case i can't do anything

I disagree in changing the rules but I agree to modify this map (Kingdom) to avoid that problem.

In my point of view it is a bug and should be fixed as soon as possible!
Well I do not know if it is a bug or not. I mentioned that in staff help but the moderator told me to suggest changing the rule instead of reporting a bug (apparently, this is allowed)

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
As you can't break the blocks above you and only happens in this map, you should create a bug report because it's really a bug and is not kill farming as you don't die directly by a player, you die suffocated.

Reactions: 99th_DutchVoid

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
well keeping someone stuck in their spawn without trying to get their egg is already punishable
Trolling can also be used in games like EggWars if players repeatedly kill or obstruct other players immediately after respawning, without any intention of getting their egg.
so like how long r u max gonna be stuck for? like 1-2 minutes while they get the egg? i mean that's the same as just getting your spawn blocked by building around it so the suggestions sounds kinda useless, you don't get out of either in that time (assuming they do it with obby)

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
In other maps, if someone surrounds you with blocks, you have the possibility of breaking them but in this specific case, you can't since blocks have been placed in the spawning area.

This is a separate case and has nothing to do with the rest of the maps. If someone places those blocks and then someone kills him, he wouldn't fall under that rule since he couldn't break the egg but that people would continue suffocating

Reactions: 99th_DutchVoid

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
did you read?
The moderator Ryaan asked yesterday in staff-help said it's allowed unless he does kill farming.

Anyways in this case it's not very clear since you can only make that 'bug' in that map.
With 'obstruct' seems like surrounding the spawning area with blocks but in this case it's different

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
View attachment 205210

View attachment 205211

I think you are the one who has not read what I said properly
and who exactly, sir, will be causing their death?

if it's a teammate of those locked up, ez freedom

if it's another team, the person who killed the original trapper will still go for the egg

I think you're the one thinking of unrealistic scenarios to prove your point ;)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
Sorry, I thought you are just mad at me. I keep reporting these stuff, and thought my name is all over the reports. :)
UncleSpect wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Hi Bram! Welcome back! I missed you bro 🥹
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🤍
throwing my mouse hard enough on the wall for a grand total of 7 times as a result of gamer rage somehow fixed the liftoff distance issues

also don't worry about me it's not that deep it's just anger issues and being the usual failure at everything including the simplest video games
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
You said "I SEE YOUR NAME ALL OVER REPORTS" You literally scream in my face. Yall want me to not report such bugs? I know that the bug is fixed
You don't have to reply with a longer message.
Top Bottom