Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2020
[Bedrock Edition]

Fishing may seem a little funky in Cubecraft Skyblock, compared to vanilla MC, as you probably have noticed. But this might actually be on purpose!

To get fishing to work well, it just takes a little finesse (sort of like actual fly fishing in real life).

Here are the steps:
  1. Do your fishing in the Oak Forest island biome (so you can get tropical fish, AKA clown fish).
  2. Set up an 8x8 pond, 1 block deep. 1 block above ground level. Make sure it has direct sky or transparent blocks above it (see screenshot).
  3. Replace one center block with a trapdoor. This allows you to collect fish easier (see screenshot).
  4. Stand directly behind the trapdoor, so your feet are one block lower than top water level.
  5. Aim your cast to a point just above the block in front of you, it doesn't have to be trapdoor block side blocks work too. (see youtube video).
    • What matters is the angle of cast, make the bobber skip off block and glide across water top.
  6. When you cast at just the right angle, the bobber with skip off the block in front of you and glide across the water coming to a gentle stop.
You may need to adjust your aim a little and experiment. Finesse it until you get the bobber to slide across the water gently and come to a rest without bobbing frantically.

Note: Tropical Fish (aka Clownfish) can be caught in any biome but Jungle in Cubecraft Skyblock. But I found the best luck in Oak, having Lure V enchant. I completed the quest in 1 hour. Also, technically, in Cubecraft Skyblock, you can catch fish in a 1x2x1 pond. But you need the size to glide the bobber so it comes to a gentle stop.

Attachments

• Cubecraft Skyblock Fishing Tutorial 01.PNG
    Cubecraft Skyblock Fishing Tutorial 01.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,062
Last edited:

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance Member
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Great strategy! I’ve heard some people complaining about fishing on the bedrock platform but never knew it involved so many steps!

Nov 17, 2020
this might actually be on

Ah you can get tropical fish in any biom. I got 5 in the dessert.
Any biome but Jungle, yes. And you don't "need" 8x8 either, you can fish in 2x1. However, stopping the really odd bouncing of the bobber is the problem (at least in Bedrock). If you don't cast just the right way the bobber splashes and bounces frantically all over the place. If the server is lagging, it makes it impossible to tell when the fish bite. My tricks here solved the problem.

Reactions: wxzzrd

cioxcho

Novice Member
Nov 2, 2020
Any biome but Jungle, yes. And you don't "need" 8x8 either, you can fish in 2x1. However, stopping the really odd bouncing of the bobber is the problem (at least in Bedrock). If you don't cast just the right way the bobber splashes and bounces frantically all over the place. If the server is lagging, it makes it impossible to tell when the fish bite. My tricks here solved the problem.
Oh yes I think the rest is really good, it just sounded like you could only get tropical fish in one biom.

Reactions: wxzzrd

xxapostlexx

Dec 13, 2020
Thank you for the tutorial, I used to play on bedrock and found the bobber would just levitate over the water.

enderfrench

Jan 10, 2021
The only place I caught a clown fish has been in the jungle its been 3 hours each trying a different biome trying to get more after reading they can only be caught somewhere else

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
I had modestly better luck with the lure II upgrade.

For me this was an absolute test of patience. You have to wait what seems like a life time to get a fish to bite.

I caught all the fish in the native pond where the ocelot spawner is. You don't need to build a new pond.

I generally felt like I had better luck when I casted my lure a farther distance.
When the bobber starts bouncing a lot right after the cast something is glitched - reset.

I also have a video if it will help.

Reactions: cioxcho

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
The only place I caught a clown fish has been in the jungle its been 3 hours each trying a different biome trying to get more after reading they can only be caught somewhere else
Please do not necro-post. This is replying to threads which haven't been replied to in 3 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived. Make sure to read our forum rules here: https://www.cubecraft.net/rules/ Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Josher
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom