Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree with me?

• Total voters

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Heya! I have a suggestion :D

My suggestion is to add a new type of report to the reports site. The 'Translation Mistake Report'. At the moment, you have to report translation errors through the other bugs, which have strange question, for example what browser/minecraft version you used. This makes no sense for a translation error, as they're always the same. You could indicate the language the translation erros is in, so that a translator of the right language could immediately take a look at it.

If you don't agree with me, could you please explain instead of just voting no? :D

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I don't agree. These errors don't happen that often, so making an entire report subcategory seems like a bit too much. Also reporting them as a bug works fine as well. Of course the questions about what browser or version you were using make no sense, but if you just click something there it's fine, the staff members handling the report will understand this.

IWontHurtYou

Dedicated Member
Dec 8, 2019
www.youtube.com
I don't think that I will agree with this idea at least for now. As it seems like something helpful, it won't be that helpful. You can skip the questions that are not related to this report and it will still be understandable that you are reporting translations bug. Another subcategory and splitting the bugs on a few parts doesn't seem that well as it sounds. Thanks anyway for making this suggestion and giving us new ideas, it's highly appreciated! 😏

Reactions: Technosword

TOTHTOMI

Jan 22, 2017
Hungary
www.iceyleagons.net
I have multiple feelings about this.

I don't agree. These errors don't happen that often, so making an entire report subcategory seems like a bit too much. Also reporting them as a bug works fine as well. Of course the questions about what browser or version you were using make no sense, but if you just click something there it's fine, the staff members handling the report will understand this.
We have strong quality assurance in our team, so these don't happen often. However, there still can be mistakes, like we've seen multiple languages get mixed together in a game. Another example of common mistakes is color codes, these are not really easy to spot by eyes; we do have tools for this case, but not many people use them in the team.
So even though we try our best, there still can be mistakes, but a dedicated translation report site might be overkill.

However, you need to take into consideration, that we don't just translate for in-game. We translate the rules, guidelines, and some forum threads. And this is where my "yes" would come into play. Since we do not have access to the report site, it can take some while 'til we get notified about a mistake. And in the case of guidelines and rules, this may be a bit of a problem since people rely on them.

So overall (TL;DR) it may be overkill, but to speed up the process of fixing translation issues, then this may be a great addition. BUT,
As IWHY explained this; it would be another job for the development team to implement, which would be not that useful, since the current system is working, it's just not that fast.

Thank you for your suggestion though :)

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
it's just not that fast.
Yes, and that is exactly the problem. If you don't speak English it can be really hard to understand the rules, and if there's mistakes (especially big ones like a whole rule not translated) you can basically break a rule without knowing. Same for knowing how a game works for example.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I don't think we need translation bug reports at all. You'd be surprised but I think our team is pretty much aware of all mistakes that are in the current translations, they have all been reported by our internal means. We just haven't gotten around to fixing them yet 😉

We will continue to develop the way we identify translation errors and fix them accordingly, and that function will most likely always stay within the Translation Team.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
I don't think we need translation bug reports at all. You'd be surprised but I think our team is pretty much aware of all mistakes that are in the current translations, they have all been reported by our internal means. We just haven't gotten around to fixing them yet 😉

We will continue to develop the way we identify translation errors and fix them accordingly, and that function will most likely always stay within the Translation Team.
Like half of the rules in Dutch have mistakes in them, I'd say that the rules are a pretty essential part, that needs to be translated. So if you know of it, then why don't you fix it?

NotAName

Jun 12, 2015
Colombia
Like half of the rules in Dutch have mistakes in them, I'd say that the rules are a pretty essential part, that needs to be translated. So if you know of it, then why don't you fix it?
We haven't gotten around to fixing the rules as we have prioritized other projects (mostly in-game translations and team revamp work). We will fix them soon, it's one of our projects, just that currently we are very busy working to improve many aspects of our team. 😄

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
For me the rules would be more important than ingame translations, but yeah I’m not a translator :) Anyways, thanks for explaining!
After our CubeCraft Games websites were updated, we lost our ability to easily edit text on the rules site, which is one of the reasons website projects are currently on hold until 2021.

As explained, we've been working on loads of amazing things behind the scenes. We're sorry for the wait, but we are confident the wait is worth it.

You should be able to report at the moment using the reports website. Once we have gone through all our implemented translations, corrected errors and believe that it is time for the community to join in with feedback, we'll look into potentially improving how reports are being submitted.

Thanks 😄

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
After our CubeCraft Games websites were updated, we lost our ability to easily edit text on the rules site, which is one of the reasons website projects are currently on hold until 2021.

As explained, we've been working on loads of amazing things behind the scenes. We're sorry for the wait, but we are confident the wait is worth it.

You should be able to report at the moment using the reports website. Once we have gone through all our implemented translations, corrected errors and believe that it is time for the community to join in with feedback, we'll look into potentially improving how reports are being submitted.

Thanks 😄
Okay, thanks! :D

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

marshduck11 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Ducky friend!
10,000 eggs Eggwars - 18/04/2024

image.png
i keep falling through the “forest clearing“ cage whenever i play solo skywars bedrock pls fix im too lazy to make a bug report
Eli
The return of the Snow Rank

1713448196080.png
Top Bottom