Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

RubenJ01

Aug 16, 2018
Hey all

Since recently ive wanted to get into leaderboard climbing in tower defense. I wanted to play the game actively again as i used to do. Ive come across a couple issues that are annoying me and i really want them to get solved.
Instead of just complaining about them i decided to make a forum post about it.

Here are a few things that annoy me:
-New players that don't how to play the game so they place towers every where.
-Well organised party's that team together and destroy the enemy's
-People that dont have acces to the advanced tower upgrades of a certain tower so they cant be further upgraded and are useless.

I came up with a way to fix this issue:
-Force the players to follow a turtorial when they first play to learn how the game works and how tower placement work.
-Make it so that others can upgrade the tower if the builder of it doesnt have acces to those upgrades.
-A solo 1v1 mode as well as a 2v2 mode.
-3x3 towers cant be build on 6x6 spots and the other way arround.
-A tower cooldown timer of 1s so people cant spam everything full with lvl 1 towers

I hope some off these suggestions can be checked out.

Sincerly Ruben

Reactions: GameSharkN64

coralines

Novice Member
Dec 20, 2018
I agree with the idea of bringing the tutorial back, especially considering that there’s an achievement for that still, so bringing it back would help people missing that achievement to complete it.

The issue with competent players raises in every game mode, but I don’t see it as something to worry about. If you don’t want to lose, team up with them, otherwise see it as a challenge for yourself and your abilities to rush them before they do. Start friending people that play this game as well, maybe you’ll find someone that can help you out in these circumstances.

I also can’t see how upgrading someone else’s tower can be an advantage to that person. If you simply upgrade it when it doesn’t belong to you, the other players won’t try to go for points considering someone else already has that upgrade, which kinda defeats the point of having a “play to win” game like this. The reason why many players want to stick to the game at the very beginning is so that they can unlock towers on their own, or at least that was my reasoning. That should be their goal, and in my opinion it should remain as it is now: let them pick the path, and others can upgrade from there. Perfect compromise.

1v1 and 2v2 games are kind of unneeded, as they already happen sometimes when very few players are on or most people quit.

Though, I am down with the last two ideas. That would prevent people from reserving spots too, which will lead to more team communication, which I really like.
As for the cooldown, 1s seems too low, maybe 2 or 3 would work better. Nothing exaggerate, but enough to be noticed by those spamming towers next to each other without upgrading them on purpose.

RubenJ01

Aug 16, 2018
I agree with the idea of bringing the tutorial back, especially considering that there’s an achievement for that still, so bringing it back would help people missing that achievement to complete it.

The issue with competent players raises in every game mode, but I don’t see it as something to worry about. If you don’t want to lose, team up with them, otherwise see it as a challenge for yourself and your abilities to rush them before they do. Start friending people that play this game as well, maybe you’ll find someone that can help you out in these circumstances.

I also can’t see how upgrading someone else’s tower can be an advantage to that person. If you simply upgrade it when it doesn’t belong to you, the other players won’t try to go for points considering someone else already has that upgrade, which kinda defeats the point of having a “play to win” game like this. The reason why many players want to stick to the game at the very beginning is so that they can unlock towers on their own, or at least that was my reasoning. That should be their goal, and in my opinion it should remain as it is now: let them pick the path, and others can upgrade from there. Perfect compromise.

1v1 and 2v2 games are kind of unneeded, as they already happen sometimes when very few players are on or most people quit.

Though, I am down with the last two ideas. That would prevent people from reserving spots too, which will lead to more team communication, which I really like.
As for the cooldown, 1s seems too low, maybe 2 or 3 would work better. Nothing exaggerate, but enough to be noticed by those spamming towers next to each other without upgrading them on purpose.

I agree communication is key.
however most of the time my team wont communicate and simply ignore me or refuse to destroy towers that er in the way.
I still would like there to be a 1v1 mode, since you will be gauranteed to have a 1v1 instead of hoping that people leave.
I agree with you about the upgrades thing, you are correct on that.

I feel like tower defense is dying out and that it still has a lot of potential to become an awesome game!
Thanks for your response.

Reactions: coralines
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈