Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like this?

• Yes!

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • No! (Please explain why, I want constructive criticism if necessary)

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
!TD1.png
!TD2.png

Fix this.
I get really annoyed when people who don't know how to play the game just misplace towers, causing a disruption amongst other teammates who are actually placing towers correctly. Almost every game I play, there is atleast one player who places towers like this. To add to that, when you tell them to remove it, they don't listen. No matter how many times you repeat it, they just flat out ignore you.

Now to actually fix this, I have an idea that may work.

The idea is that you may only place towers in the boxes. What does this mean? Well, every "box" you could call it, has a certain amount of tiles in it, for different sizes of towers. As shown above, people place 3x3 towers randomly in a 5x5 box, causing disruption. In the other image, the 5x5 turret towers are horribly placed in the boxes, fitting 1 tower per 2 boxes. Not very efficient when coming to defending the path leading towards your tower.

So basically my idea is to make it so where if you try to place a 3x3 tower in a 5x5 spot, it would give you an error message in chat saying something along the lines of, "Please place your tower in the correct spot." This will inform players that they must place their towers in the box exactly as it is. a 3x3 tower will have to fit right on a 3x3 spot, and same goes with 5x5 towers.

If this is unclear to you, then you may ask questions down below and I will get to you as soon as I can.

Now for some higher up staff member tags, as I want to push this idea as much as I can to get added.
@hub3rt @Efcluke94 @johncoles

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
View attachment 138151 View attachment 138152

Fix this.
I get really annoyed when people who don't know how to play the game just misplace towers, causing a disruption amongst other teammates who are actually placing towers correctly. Almost every game I play, there is atleast one player who places towers like this. To add to that, when you tell them to remove it, they don't listen. No matter how many times you repeat it, they just flat out ignore you.

Now to actually fix this, I have an idea that may work.

The idea is that you may only place towers in the boxes. What does this mean? Well, every "box" you could call it, has a certain amount of tiles in it, for different sizes of towers. As shown above, people place 3x3 towers randomly in a 5x5 box, causing disruption. In the other image, the 5x5 turret towers are horribly placed in the boxes, fitting 1 tower per 2 boxes. Not very efficient when coming to defending the path leading towards your tower.

So basically my idea is to make it so where if you try to place a 3x3 tower in a 5x5 spot, it would give you an error message in chat saying something along the lines of, "Please place your tower in the correct spot." This will inform players that they must place their towers in the box exactly as it is. a 3x3 tower will have to fit right on a 3x3 spot, and same goes with 5x5 towers.

If this is unclear to you, then you may ask questions down below and I will get to you as soon as I can.

Now for some higher up staff member tags, as I want to push this idea as much as I can to get added.
@hub3rt @Efcluke94 @johncoles
True hope they add it Good idea

giesko

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2017
netherlands
am against it!! cause every game needs to take some skill even if its almost nothing it need some skill!!!
(and i know you can't really call this ''skill'' butt its a strategy game so u have to place towers with strategy)

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
!! cause every game needs to take some skill even if its almost nothing it need some skill!!!
So, are you saying that randomly placing towers around the map in random spots is considered a "Strategy?"
If so, then that is just completely ridiculous. Do you want this to happen in your game of Tower Defence?
That is not "skill" or "strategy". That is not knowing how to play the game, and placing little level one ice towers in spots that can hold a Turret, Leach, or Necromancer tower.
so u have to place towers with strategy)
Why do you think I'm suggesting this? This is pretty much the reason. They give you certain spots to place towers for a reason, and if they weren't there, then you could place towers anywhere. You would think that you should place the towers on the spot, so you can have more towers, which means more power/defense along the path towards your tower. Randomly placing towers is just straight up garbage for the other players who are actually trying to place towers the correct way to help their team.
If you can give me an example of "Strategy" by placing random towers in random spots, then throw me a screenshot of it.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
am against it!! cause every game needs to take some skill even if its almost nothing it need some skill!!!
"skill"
well might I point out that this game is a very team oriented 1 if someone places towers in bad spots than you instantly lose useful space to place a tower
this is something that allows people to kill team troll

However the problems with adding this are as follows:
1 this means players can never reserve any spaces so other team mates can take the land they were going to use to save up for a leech tower for example
2 people have to sometimes misplace towers intentionally because they need to kill a mob such as intentionally misplacing a turret tower since you can't place it anywhere correctly that will still attack the mobs (some people would even sell it after such as myself).

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
It'd be much simpler if the tower would automatically snap into the correct spot of that 3x3/5x5 area. That way, players won't get the idea that they can't place towers in an entire line.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Please just add this, i never play long games in TD tho because i go for "kill them fast" but it would still be great if people could not place towers everywhere and not in the wrong place.

Reactions: Deeds

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
The fact that certain towers can only fit in their set amount of tiles, I personally l think it will make the game so much better and fix that issue of people who don't know how to play, ruining your game, +1 from. Good luck and have a wonderful day :)

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
this means players can never reserve any spaces so other team mates can take the land they were going to use to save up for a leech tower for example
It's not really that important tbh. This isn't really much of an issue for me, because most of the time I find the correct spot for a Leach tower, or my teammates will place it in a decent spot to. However, it is useful when trying to reserve the spots for good use, and keeping players that place towers poorly from placing for example an ice tower there.

people have to sometimes misplace towers intentionally because they need to kill a mob such as intentionally misplacing a turret tower since you can't place it anywhere correctly that will still attack the mobs (some people would even sell it after such as myself).
Not really much of an issue. Archer towers are another alternative, and they cot less so it might be better. To add to that, it might be more of a challenge to defend, having to use your spaces to good use. There is a limited amount of each type of space for a reason, and they should enforce that they should be used correctly. 5x5 towers are obviously strong, and that probably why they don't have a lot of 5x5 spaces on the maps. Also, why would you have blazes coming near your castle? ;)

It'd be much simpler if the tower would automatically snap into the correct spot of that 3x3/5x5 area. That way, players won't get the idea that they can't place towers in an entire line.
Wonderful! Just wonderful! Thank you, Gainy :D

Suggestion updated:
Instead of having to replace the tower in the correct spot, it will automatically shift the tower in the nearest available spot. (Does not apply to placing 5x5 in 3x3, and vice versa. That will still have an error message stating that you can't place that type of tower there.)

Reactions: Unipotatoo

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
I love this idea , I had to tell a lot of people to replace there towers but thzy just do not care about it. But your idea is cool but also not so cool. With those 3×3 and 5×5 area cubecrabt will just tell you where you need to place down towers. Those 3×3 towers can also fit in a 5×5 tower spot so how would you fix this ?

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Oh. i want it back! :mad:
*not going to be added back*

Anyways Deeds I noticed the tags you had on this thread
"false kick"
I think you may have forgot to add that little detail into the suggestion itself as I do know what you are talking about but umm you didn't add it
It's not really that important tbh. This isn't really much of an issue for me, because most of the time I find the correct spot for a Leach tower, or my teammates will place it in a decent spot to. However, it is useful when trying to reserve the spots for good use, and keeping players that place towers poorly from placing for example an ice tower there.
you realise that you are than just wasting more money than necessary just to reserve places
also JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T DO IT doesn't mean NOBODY DOES IT
It is actually a fairly common thing for people right off the top of my head I can name someone who does this @Rigel_The_Star and before you say oh no but that is only 1 person there is a reason I am only naming 1, they are the most notable person I know whom does it because I've been in more than 1 game with them and they did it
most people I see do it I don't play with often since I don't know them
doesn't mean I don't see people do it
Not really much of an issue. Archer towers are another alternative, and they cot less so it might be better. To add to that, it might be more of a challenge to defend, having to use your spaces to good use. There is a limited amount of each type of space for a reason, and they should enforce that they should be used correctly. 5x5 towers are obviously strong, and that probably why they don't have a lot of 5x5 spaces on the maps. Also, why would you have blazes coming near your castle? ;)
archer towers? really? last time I checked archer towers were very ineffective against blazes
to the argument there is a limited amount of space, welp if it comes that your entire board if filled up (which mind you will basically 100% never happen) than just sell it
with this you will never be able to quickly place something to save it
why would anyone have blazes coming toward the tower? well the last 3 games of tower defence we played all had blazes attacking the castle so tell me what your argument is? if it involves something that literally happens to you fairly commonly
(not to mention blazes were an example)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom