Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Was this advice helpful or new to you?

• Yes I learnt something or many things!

• Nope I already knew all of this!

• I learnt one or few things.

Results are only viewable after voting.

_Adept

Jan 14, 2017
a small but cosy bedroom
Hello everybody just popping by to give some advice to some of the newer skywars players and maybe to some of the more experienced ones too!

#1 I've seen so many people stood at a chest for over 10 seconds, this is a big waste of time that you could use elsewhere! My suggestion is to only take the gear that is an upgrade, ammo and food if you need it. I've managed to win many fights where I've got 1-5 hits while they are just sat sorting items and won fights which i otherwise would have stood no chance.
Items you should generally ignore in chests:
Fishing rod (currently does nothing)
Soup (unless you desperately need food)
Exp bottles (Unless you're about to enchant/ use anvil)
Lapis (pretty much always left in chests at mid where you'll be enchanting anyway!)
Compass (Not really to helpful unless someone is hiding which doesn't tend to happen till the end of a game)

#2 Use of both eggs and snowballs. These items are deadly, many a full diamond have been slain by a nice snipe with these pocket projectiles so I'd suggest always having one or the other on your hotbar at any time!
Another thing to note is that I've seen a lot of players spamming these projectiles as an attempt to hit me off of a large area, this tends to be a massive waste since you'll end up using the whole stack and achieving nothing... Unless you're playing op since then your going to have like 40+ snowballs so it doesn't really matter too much and it'll be really hard for them to survive.

#3 Use of lava and water buckets. Lava is in my opinion the most effective side arm for melee encounters, it can do so many things for one item! It does a lot of damage and if they don't have water leaves them on fire, also if they get stuck in the source block i find you can usually get many free hits where they won't be able to trade back, in my opinion it should be a priority when in melee as it can even up some unwinnable match-ups. Water is equally valuable for three main reasons the first to put your self out when burning, second to allow you to jump off of heights without taking fall damage (this will require practice but is very useful!) and the last as a safety mechanism to stop yourself getting knocked off!

#4 Have a good hot bar!
My ideal hotbar looks something like this:

Sword - (I prefer the sword over axes due to the faster swing speed allowing more fluid combos!)
Blocks - (I prefer wood or map specific blocks as lots of people tend to carry pickaxes to break stone blocks)
Bow - (Debatable, but it's the best weapon in skywars if you can land shots consistently)
Snowballs/ eggs - (Can surprise many players and win unfavoured match-ups! Read #2 :D)
Gapple - (Healing is vital in 1.9)
Pickaxe - (To break blocks, duh)
Food - (To eat, duh)
Water bucket - (Read #3 :D)
Lava bucket- (Read #3 :D)

Obviously this won't be perfect for everyone but if you're looking for somewhere to start then it's a pretty good one.

I hope i have helped at least a few people out with this, feel free to ask questions or anything I'll try to check regularly!

_Razz_

Nov 30, 2016
This post is great! It helps my out and a lot of other people. I am kinda new to 1.9 pvp but I feel like I am creating some skill aura xD.
But for real thank you for this post.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
Hello everybody just popping by to give some advice to some of the newer skywars players and maybe to some of the more experienced ones too!

#1 I've seen so many people stood at a chest for over 10 seconds, this is a big waste of time that you could use elsewhere! My suggestion is to only take the gear that is an upgrade, ammo and food if you need it. I've managed to win many fights where I've got 1-5 hits while they are just sat sorting items and won fights which i otherwise would have stood no chance.
Items you should generally ignore in chests:
Fishing rod (currently does nothing)
Soup (unless you desperately need food)
Exp bottles (Unless you're about to enchant/ use anvil)
Lapis (pretty much always left in chests at mid where you'll be enchanting anyway!)
Compass (Not really to helpful unless someone is hiding which doesn't tend to happen till the end of a game)

#2 Use of both eggs and snowballs. These items are deadly, many a full diamond have been slain by a nice snipe with these pocket projectiles so I'd suggest always having one or the other on your hotbar at any time!
Another thing to note is that I've seen a lot of players spamming these projectiles as an attempt to hit me off of a large area, this tends to be a massive waste since you'll end up using the whole stack and achieving nothing... Unless you're playing op since then your going to have like 40+ snowballs so it doesn't really matter too much and it'll be really hard for them to survive.

#3 Use of lava and water buckets. Lava is in my opinion the most effective side arm for melee encounters, it can do so many things for one item! It does a lot of damage and if they don't have water leaves them on fire, also if they get stuck in the source block i find you can usually get many free hits where they won't be able to trade back, in my opinion it should be a priority when in melee as it can even up some unwinnable match-ups. Water is equally valuable for three main reasons the first to put your self out when burning, second to allow you to jump off of heights without taking fall damage (this will require practice but is very useful!) and the last as a safety mechanism to stop yourself getting knocked off!

#4 Have a good hot bar!
My ideal hotbar looks something like this:

Sword - (I prefer the sword over axes due to the faster swing speed allowing more fluid combos!)
Blocks - (I prefer wood or map specific blocks as lots of people tend to carry pickaxes to break stone blocks)
Bow - (Debatable, but it's the best weapon in skywars if you can land shots consistently)
Snowballs/ eggs - (Can surprise many players and win unfavoured match-ups! Read #2 :D)
Gapple - (Healing is vital in 1.9)
Pickaxe - (To break blocks, duh)
Food - (To eat, duh)
Water bucket - (Read #3 :D)
Lava bucket- (Read #3 :D)

Obviously this won't be perfect for everyone but if you're looking for somewhere to start then it's a pretty good one.

I hope i have helped at least a few people out with this, feel free to ask questions or anything I'll try to check regularly!

Nice guide, it really helps all the new players!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Top Bottom