Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Cube Nerd

Jun 18, 2021
oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no,
1716587539954.png

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
I think it looks really cool, what’s wrong with more, cooler cosmetics?
- cashgrab
- instead of prioritizing the lag, the anticheat, and instead of solving the apparent problem of cubecraft having so many closet cheaters even in the leaderboards, they add this.

i know these will take more time over more expensive cosmetics but it shows what the server really prioritizes and it's genuinely disheartening to see qol aspects being neglected

cubecraft's failure and incompetence to keep the server a fair and fun place is one of the main reasons why i quit minecraft

BicolourSine41

Jan 21, 2024
Paris, France
Pronouns
He/Him
- cashgrab
- instead of prioritizing the lag, the anticheat, and instead of solving the apparent problem of cubecraft having so many closet cheaters even in the leaderboards, they add this.

i know these will take more time over more expensive cosmetics but it shows what the server really prioritizes and it's genuinely disheartening to see qol aspects being neglected

cubecraft's failure and incompetence to keep the server a fair and fun place is one of the main reasons why i quit minecraft
Ehhhhhhh, idk?

• Haha
Reactions: Desiderata

Tripleee

Feb 7, 2023
idk
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
- cashgrab

As a casual player things like lag and cheaters aren’t huge priorities for me, and I enjoy it more when cool content like this is added, however I do see your point that from this eyes of a competetive player this should not be prioritized.

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
As a casual player things like lag and cheaters aren’t huge priorities for me, and I enjoy it more when cool content like this is added, however I do see your point that from this eyes of a competetive player this should not be prioritized.
well that sounds more dismissive than constructive if anything

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
I want to mention that the moderation team (responsible for banning cheaters) was not involved in making this new epic loot. Neither was the anti-cheat developer (working on ac issues) nor the infrastructure team (working on lag issues).

The server needs to be monetized for it to be able to hire these other people to work on the other issues you have brought up. Designer and behaviour engineers aren't hired to do those things you pointed out, but to create content we can enjoy for free as well as monetized content to keep the server up and running.

I believe both aspects are important and should be prioritized.

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
I want to mention that the moderation team (responsible for banning cheaters) was not involved in making this new epic loot. Neither was the anti-cheat developer (working on ac issues) nor the infrastructure team (working on lag issues).
what does that have to do with what I said? you don't have to answer my question because there's nothing at all and I already know that fact

I'm just saying that the ones that are in charge of handling those problems are struggling visibly and considering the recent events the server has been in it's really hard to say that the team as a whole actually cares or is competent enough anymore

sure, the server needs some sort of way to get income/revenue from but my point being not everyone or players like me are not willing enough to pay anymore given how little effort gets put into the aforementioned problems

i clearly share sentiments with a few players here so i don't think there's a reason why i shouldn't share my thoughts on this one

• Disagree
Reactions: Eli and Loskol

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
what does that have to do with what I said?
It was trying to point out that the resources used to add content aren't the same as the ones used for everything else you complained about, hence I think it's unfair to claim that the priorities are in the wrong place. Both monetized content to keep the server up and running as a business and everything else you mentioned are important to prioritize.

Without the monetization, there wouldn't be any money and hence no resources to put towards solving the issues you mentioned. I'm not saying that the other issues should be neglected and I also believe that they aren't neglected as I see the team working on these issues already. The lag issue has been massively improved, especially regarding AS issues thanks to switching hosts and re-routing even if it's not ideal due to the broken cable. We've been and are still currently switching hosts to help lower the ping of the majority of our players. With switching hosts, some issues may arise and evidently have done so, but it is being worked on, and many issues we had earlier have been solved.

As for Sentinel, I can't say anything more than the usual. It's being worked on by a part-time developer who also has other responsibilities. To keep paying for the devs we need the monetized content. Prioritizing this higher would also be on my wish list, but unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be enough resources (money) to do so at the moment.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on sammvct's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! If you need help with something, feel free to DM me or a staff member :D
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
How are you doing today, cool member? Hope your day is good!
Is it just me, or is the MC Marketplace super laggy since 1.21 update?
I thought my stomach was making weird noises... turned out it was the frog in the lobby, I don't know what's real anymore
Top Bottom