Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
So, it's been quite a while since I joined this bedrock server, and I've basically fallen in love with it. The Skyblock is amazing, Eggwars is great, and nothing resets. I couldn't have asked for anything more... except one thing.

When I joined this server, I was really excited to chat and have fun with other people. So I started chatting as every other player would in a multiplayer server. But whenever I would say "hi!" or "how are you!" no one would ever reply. Now at first I just thought that this was just because a lot of people played on a phone or some other mobile device and they would have rather not chat. But after a few months I got suspicious. I was watching a youtuber streaming Cubecraft Skyblock and I noticed that he was able to chat with other people on the skyblock hub. So I went on Minecraft and decided to join a skyblock hub to see if it worked. Nope. As usual, my name stayed gray when I chatted and no one replied. It really wasn't that big of a deal for me because I spent 95% of my time on my island alone. It only started becoming a problem when I changed accounts and decided to start a coop island with my sister. I would go on and play skyblock and I would try chatting with her. Surprisingly my name said " [overworld] ImPatsman " instead of just ImPatsman when I would chat. And I would be able to see her talk in the chat too. But then it got really weird. Let me put it this way. I would join skyblock with her and we would be chatting just fine, then I would go to the skyblock hub to repair my sword. When I come back, I can't hear her at all. I can talk and it would still say " [overworld] ImPatsman " but I would never be able to hear her reply back. That's when I knew something was wrong. People can see me chat but I can't see them chat. I don't know if I was mistakenly muted by a staff member or if there is something wrong with my Minecraft account. This has happened on multiple servers now so I don't know if this is a fixable problem. I will show you a few pictures below so you can get a better picture of what I mean.

If anyone could help me out with a few tips so I can start chatting in-game now that would be awesome, Thanks!

-Patsman

Here is a video, I don't know if it helps though.

Attachments

• Mute 1.PNG
    Mute 1.PNG
    339.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Chat Bug 2.PNG
    Chat Bug 2.PNG
    41.7 KB · Views: 84

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
It sounds like you have a shadow mute, I am just copying the following paragraph from cubes discord server (handed out by mods):

"Shadow mutes are a type of punishment issued by Microsoft for chat-related behaviour. When you are shadow muted, your message will get sent but other players will not be able to see it. A shadow-mute will follow you between featured servers and Minecraft Realms.
Team CubeCraft is not able to help you with this form of punishment, as they are done automatically by Microsoft systems. The only way you can lift this type of punishment is by saying nicer things in chat - this will improve your reputation, and can result in the mute being lifted after a while.
Keep in mind that spamming things in chat (such as the alphabet) will not result in your shadow mute being removed - this is against CubeCraft rules, will worsen your Xbox reputation, and can actually cause the shadow mute to be extended, or even made permanent.
Shadow mutes are separate from Microsoft privacy settings, which can also prevent you from seeing chat or sending messages."

I may have completely misinterpreted what you said but I'm just guessing.

Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
It sounds like you have a shadow mute, I am just copying the following paragraph from cubes discord server (handed out by mods):

"Shadow mutes are a type of punishment issued by Microsoft for chat-related behaviour. When you are shadow muted, your message will get sent but other players will not be able to see it. A shadow-mute will follow you between featured servers and Minecraft Realms.
Team CubeCraft is not able to help you with this form of punishment, as they are done automatically by Microsoft systems. The only way you can lift this type of punishment is by saying nicer things in chat - this will improve your reputation, and can result in the mute being lifted after a while.
Keep in mind that spamming things in chat (such as the alphabet) will not result in your shadow mute being removed - this is against CubeCraft rules, will worsen your Xbox reputation, and can actually cause the shadow mute to be extended, or even made permanent.
Shadow mutes are separate from Microsoft privacy settings, which can also prevent you from seeing chat or sending messages."

I may have completely misinterpreted what you said but I'm just guessing.
ok I think that may be what I have
thanks Conea64!

littlemoose1609

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
Go to your chat settings, this may not be the case but disable and enable chat. That may work. It could also be turned off.

Reactions: Patsman

ReMD0G

Jul 1, 2020
It does look like a shadow mute, but there can be some other issues. As I watched the video, you said “Can you hear me” and your sister did pause for a moment (Enough time to say “Yes”). So there is a chance that it is not shadow mute, so here are a couple solutions:
  • Go to the chat settings (Open chat ➜ Settings (A gear: ⚙️) ➜ See if “Mute chat” is enabled.)
  • Check your Microsoft Account Safety Settings. (Xbox: Settings ➜ Account Safety ➜ See what’s going on*)
If these do not work, then you may have to do a test. Try saying “If you can here me, jump 5 times” and make sure she is not jumping at the time. If she does not jump, then you might be shadow muted.

Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
It does look like a shadow mute, but there can be some other issues. As I watched the video, you said “Can you hear me” and your sister did pause for a moment (Enough time to say “Yes”). So there is a chance that it is not shadow mute, so here are a couple solutions:
  • Go to the chat settings (Open chat ➜ Settings (A gear: ⚙️) ➜ See if “Mute chat” is enabled.)
  • Check your Microsoft Account Safety Settings. (Xbox: Settings ➜ Account Safety ➜ See what’s going on*)
If these do not work, then you may have to do a test. Try saying “If you can here me, jump 5 times” and make sure she is not jumping at the time. If she does not jump, then you might be shadow muted.
Proof I'm not Shadow Muted

She can hear me but I cannot hear hear her
Sorry it took me so long to respond :/

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom