Votes: 17 54.8%
  • No, I don't really like the idea of that

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters

Basketman

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2015
Belgium
@Camezonda said they are considering to add this for more people. You will have to be patient and see what the management team decides. It will be probably for players that have a certain amount of successful reports. By doing this they lower the chance of false reporting players.

If that's the case, why does the /report command exist? This purpose of this thread is to give /report to all players, not change the anticheat itself

I don’t think you have read the whole thread, I suggest you do.

If that's the case, why does the /report command exist?
Because staff members deal with those reports, they don't effect Sentinel in any way.
This purpose of this thread is to give /report to all players, not change the anticheat itself
You are right, he did not directly ask for that. However, if you read his post and its comments carefully, you'll notice that due to his incomprehension of Sentinel's way of operating, he suggested something that wouldn't work unless we change Sentinel to be more like other Anti-Cheats such as Watchdog or G.W.E.N. To put it simple, he did ask to change the Anti-Cheat itself, just indirectly.

Reactions: Keanu and Basketman

mdk_chicken

Jul 8, 2014
Have you even read all the other posts about the /report command before posting this? They give it only to players with plus rank because otherwise almost 3/4 of the reports made by /report aren't going to be handled because they don't have time for it. Cheaters do sometimes get banned midgame, "Sentinel is always watching".
Maybe this problem could be partially banned by it costing points (like 100 of them) to use /report? Honestly, I think you're right about the whole overflowing with /reports thing, however most of these are probably from your stereotypical 10yo who calls anyone that kills him a hacker and would /report them. Maybe by making it cost points, people will reconsider before using the command? I don't know

I do not think it's a good idea to give the command to all the players, since usually we usually have more than 2000 players in the Network, and keep in mind that if the staffs have to check it ... They will take a lot, What if I would propose is to put it for the Diamonds, Emerald and Obsidian ranks
Well, this is already better, but does it really solve the problem? Still the majority of players won't have acces to the command.

D

Deleted member 469419

Maybe this problem could be partially banned by it costing points (like 100 of them) to use /report? Honestly, I think you're right about the whole overflowing with /reports thing, however most of these are probably from your stereotypical 10yo who calls anyone that kills him a hacker and would /report them. Maybe by making it cost points, people will reconsider before using the command? I don't know

Well, this is already better, but does it really solve the problem? Still the majority of players won't have acces to the command.
I sincerely believe that the CubeCraft ranks should have permission to report, since they are donors, they have paid for the server, and among the classic privileges to vote, chat privileges ... should have this command (And thus be able to inform of all server hackers) for this, of course, that would have to implement the staff members since they would not give a coarse.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Tbh I disagree with the fact that based on purchases you can get /report. There have been many suggestions about giving ranks to well known members such a veteran rank. Having money says none about your skill to recognize cheaters, so someone with plus or with a rank can also spam the /report commands because he’s triggered or just very bad at recognizing cheats.

Jiqks

Dec 16, 2018
I think it's a bad idea to put the/report for all players because as they said before the STAFS would not have time for all reports but I think a good idea would be to put it to players with more than 200 or 300 reports accepted as they have said before

Reactions: Marieke2001

Er3bos

Dec 4, 2015
As of right now the /report command is only available for the PLUS rank and that doesn't really seem fair I would like to see a change in that where anyone would be able to use the /report command because its annoying seeing a hacker, etc. and not being able to report them until after the game is over. If this was changed the /report command should be available to all and if it was used Sentinel (not sure about spelling btw :p) should automatically start monitoring that player and the banning process would be much quicker than using the reports website for hackers. Although this idea does not eliminate the usage of the reports website as you would still have to report anyone that isn't cheating through the website. But it is annoying seeing a hacker and they don't get banned midgame and I would like to think that this is somewhat of a solution to that but anyways comment what you think about this.
I'm still waiting to the acces to the command, i really hate when is a hacker in my game and i can't do anything in the moment >:(

Aosm

Apr 16, 2019
i really don't use /report, I like hackers is so funny to see they flying

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎂
parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
Top Bottom