Status
Not open for further replies.

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
Chatting in pre-game got removed several years ago because of the people spamming "OP PLZ" to ranked players. I would like if this can get tested to see if people still do spam ranked players. And if they don't, it might be cool to keep it.

Zillu

Jan 4, 2021
Totally a yes for me! Whenever I’m talking to someone in the pre-game lobby I always seem to get a message from someone when I’m in my cage, but I can’t see who it is -unless I do /r <message>.. So I don’t really see any problem with this getting implemented.

Reactions: GiGaGekkies

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Chatting in pre-game got removed several years ago because of the people spamming "OP PLZ" to ranked players. I would like if this can get tested to see if people still do spam ranked players. And if they don't, it might be cool to keep it.

Makes sense... But why do we still have chats pre-game for Minerware and Tower Defense (possibly other games too, not sure)? because those games have voting options too. And people ask for double coins pretty much always in TD as well.

CedricFresh

Novice Member
May 15, 2020
Playing in skywars megas, there is roughly 39 other people who can ask for op.
I'd assume there to be more people begging in bedrock edition than in java, as every game there is at least one person disagreeing with your democracy.

Yet it's still a great thing to have pre-game chat. You could ask your party leader to go to hub before the game starts if you don't have voice chat. You could also use chat as... chat.

Ornaixx

Novice Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hi everyone!

I've got a simple suggestion:
I've recently found out that you can /msg in your cage in Lucky Islands, but not in Eggwars or Skywars.
If this feature was added for Eggwars and Skywars as well, it'd be very useful!

@Ge1ster @Skoedel :monkeylookaway:
I do like the idea of /msg but I feel like before that there should be a party chat, I can see one in the party commands but I when I try it when I'm in a party, it doesn't work. So I feel like before they add /msg, they should add /p chat

Edit: I saw another suggestion that said /p chat and it said something about Microsoft not allowing it so yeah. But I'd love the idea of /msg and /fmsg would be nice too.

ThatsCuba

Mar 9, 2020
Hi everyone!

I've got a simple suggestion:
I've recently found out that you can /msg in your cage in Lucky Islands, but not in Eggwars or Skywars.
If this feature was added for Eggwars and Skywars as well, it'd be very useful!

@Ge1ster @Skoedel :monkeylookaway:

Hello there, I'm Cuba, nice to meet you. In my opinion, /msg should definitely be a thing in Eggwars and Skywars. Private messaging people is a common feature that we all need, and even if apparently it gives no impact on the games, it would definitely improve the overall experience since it would add a natural action to the everyday life on CubeCraft.

I hope it will be soon implemented, see you around!

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hey GiGaGekkies, thanks for your suggestion and sorry about the delay.

We think consistency is the most important thing here and we'd want to make the changes based on whats present in most other games.

As mentioned here:
in 2015 there was huge spam in chats for overpowered modes in specifically SkyWars & EggWars as those modes were incredibly popular and were the only modes that featured voting. Even these days they are still the most popular voting options specifically in that gamemode.

Which is why-
Makes sense... But why do we still have chats pre-game for Minerware and Tower Defense (possibly other games too, not sure)? because those games have voting options too. And people ask for double coins pretty much always in TD as well.
-these games do not have this chat limitation. Because their voting options are not as popular, the purpose of the chat disable was to reduce not remove. SW/EW had 60% of the game spamming at the same time at it's peak before it was added.

For this reason we believe adding /msg to SW/EW is the better idea as it still reduces the bulk of players from asking for OP because it's much easier to write "vote op" in chat and press enter than it is to type out a command & a username.

Keep in mind that it's possible this suggestion could flip the other way and we disable /msg in all three modes. But regardless some form of consistency will be applied between the three.

~ Marked as planned. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom