Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
sorry for weird title couldn't explain it better with the character limit
Hi,

When the filter blocks one of my messages, which seems to be every 1 in 2 messages, it just says "oh you can't say that". Thanks, that's proper helpful. I then type out about 100 different iterations of this message, while the useless spam preventer thingy tells me to stop typing so quickly. like, what is the point in even typing a message on this server? no point, because it's never going to get past the bloody ridiculous filters!

what I suggest is that when we type something "wrong" then it tells us the word(s) that aren't allowed so we know what to change. my other suggestion is to make it so that the spam preventer thing doesn't prevent you from typing for so long, or is just removed altogether. at the moment, if I type two messages within like 3 seconds of each other it stops me, which is a bit of an issue because my typing speed is relatively high. it then blocks me from sending messages altogether for like 7 seconds, which is even more annoying, so it would be much appreciated if you could take my suggestion into account.

thanks for reading,
Commissioned

D

Deleted member 352903

the things that most people say aren't actually bad words though, it's just like random things which cubecraft obviously think are like an abbreviation or some outlandish insult.
I know but atleast we won't have to type 746162638447 versions of the same message :l

Reactions: Commissioned

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I know but atleast we won't have to type 746162638447 versions of the same message :l
We'd be much better off having the chat just say what we're not allowed to say. Saves you the risk of getting warned because of the asterisks appearing as someone swearing. Asterisks themselves won't really change anything, and they may end up representing something which it really isn't supposed to be.

D

Deleted member 59979

I disagree with adding in *s to censor the word as it still puts the meaning across but they definately need to add something to tell you what word is not allowed or something similar

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net
sorry for weird title couldn't explain it better with the character limit
Hi,

When the filter blocks one of my messages, which seems to be every 1 in 2 messages, it just says "oh you can't say that". Thanks, that's proper helpful. I then type out about 100 different iterations of this message, while the useless spam preventer thingy tells me to stop typing so quickly. like, what is the point in even typing a message on this server? no point, because it's never going to get past the bloody ridiculous filters!

what I suggest is that when we type something "wrong" then it tells us the word(s) that aren't allowed so we know what to change. my other suggestion is to make it so that the spam preventer thing doesn't prevent you from typing for so long, or is just removed altogether. at the moment, if I type two messages within like 3 seconds of each other it stops me, which is a bit of an issue because my typing speed is relatively high. it then blocks me from sending messages altogether for like 7 seconds, which is even more annoying, so it would be much appreciated if you could take my suggestion into account.

thanks for reading,
Commissioned

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Please!!!!

Add a poll?

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
the things that most people say aren't actually bad words though, it's just like random things which cubecraft obviously think are like an abbreviation or some outlandish insult.
I think that most people believe that every word that the filter blocks was blocked because we specifically told it to. That is not the case. Doing that would be horribly inefficient and would result in a filter containing hundereds of thousands of words to block. Instead, we have a system that just detects a combination of lettters in any word and would then block it if it matches. That way we then only tell it to ignore certain words that aren’t meant to be blocked, while blocking all of the words meant to be blocked along with potential bypasses before players even find out about them.
So it’s not that we are blocking these words in purpose, it is just a side effect of the system, and all we have to do is find misblocked words and tell the system to ignore it.
Or replace bad words to *****
I highly doubt we would ever do that. What is the difference between saying the word and having the word in asterisks? The meaning is what we are attempting to block, not the letters that make it up.
I disagree with adding in *s to censor the word as it still puts the meaning across but they definately need to add something to tell you what word is not allowed or something similar
Another purpose of the filter is to stop the spam bots who like to raid the server. The reason those spam bots have such crazy lettering with weird symbols is because the filter prevents them from saying it normally. Once that message is blocked, the creators of the message have to figure out a new bypass. Their jobs would because super easy if we told them exactly what was blocking their message, so you would see even more spam messages in lobbies than you do already.
I would support this if spam bots weren’t a thing, but unless we go through and specifically state which filters should tell you what is being blocked since it is not a spam bot filter, I don’t think it will happen.
And going through and telling which filters should give the difference message would take quite a long time to do because there are many, many, many filters in place.
Much better to just let us know the sentence that is being incorrectly blocked and we can get it fixed.
if I type two messages within like 3 seconds of each other it stops me, which is a bit of an issue because my typing speed is relatively high. it then blocks me from sending messages altogether for like 7 seconds, which is even more annoying,
Again, this is an issue with spam bots. This chat cool down is to prevent the spam bots from being able to spam even faster than they do already. It’s a balance between keeping the spam bots somewhat under control until a staff member can stop them and trying to make it so players can still chat at relatively fast speeds. I also don’t see the spam prevention from being removed so I would recommend just waiting an extra second before posting messages after each other.

Reactions: CubeTale

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
which seems to be every 1 in 2 messages
Gee Commissioned I wonder why that is

Maybe it has something to do with how you type

While I think this is an interesting idea it doesn’t seem possible as a lot of the times the words aren’t intentionally blocked
Also only certain parts of the word are blocked

If this problem was bypassable I would agree

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
Gee Commissioned I wonder why that is

Maybe it has something to do with how you type
LOL probably
I think that most people believe that every word that the filter blocks was blocked because we specifically told it to. That is not the case. Doing that would be horribly inefficient and would result in a filter containing hundereds of thousands of words to block. Instead, we have a system that just detects a combination of lettters in any word and would then block it if it matches. That way we then only tell it to ignore certain words that aren’t meant to be blocked, while blocking all of the words meant to be blocked along with potential bypasses before players even find out about them.
So it’s not that we are blocking these words in purpose, it is just a side effect of the system, and all we have to do is find misblocked words and tell the system to ignore it.
While I think this is an interesting idea it doesn’t seem possible as a lot of the times the words aren’t intentionally blocked
Also only certain parts of the word are blocked
I don't really see how whether or not the words are blocked intentionally really changes anything? It's still blocked...
Much better to just let us know the sentence that is being incorrectly blocked and we can get it fixed.
Mate, I don't know about you, but I've got much better stuff to do than report half my messages being blocked to you lot. I waste enough time on this server already.
Again, this is an issue with spam bots. This chat cool down is to prevent the spam bots from being able to spam even faster than they do already. It’s a balance between keeping the spam bots somewhat under control until a staff member can stop them and trying to make it so players can still chat at relatively fast speeds. I also don’t see the spam prevention from being removed so I would recommend just waiting an extra second before posting messages after each other.
The thing is, it's not just 1 second. It's at least 5, which I think is a bit over-zealous. Maybe reduce it to 2 or 3? I actually find it impossible to type messages now because cross-compatibility (between versions) seems to have completely messed up character limits in chat, so I and many others resort to typing smaller messages in quick succession, but the server blocks this.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I don't really see how whether or not the words are blocked intentionally really changes anything? It's still blocked...
Them not being blocked intentionally kind of implies that staff don’t even know half the words that are blocked are blocked
To make it worse staff in many cases aren’t affected by the chat filter
So it is even harder for them to pinpoint what words that shouldn’t be blocked are blocked

But even leaving a systematic bot to do it won’t really work
As stated the words aren’t intentionally blocked but certain letter combinations are
so hypothetically let’s say duck was blocked accidentally but only for the d and the ck
What is it going to tell you

You can’t say d and ck?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

blazingwind47 wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
u seem like a cool person
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Cool person appreciation moment!:D
Basketman wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom