Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
eoyZF28FWe1s05LHEXOPmHi95JOJkC5i1Tm9dvO_I175TWqd-U0fNg3JZmsTUT34YySTrNtJQx-GPD-cFRWuvGsC4jvXoVPkdDW2Hoy5kWXJsnPZTEif0FbJZvjipxGINmFFkIcI

Creator: @Finixly

Pictures:
-Overwiev: HERE
-Starting Islands: HERE
-Middle Islands: HERE

Description:
-The Starter Islands are 49 blocks away from the Middle Island
-Each Starter Island has 2 iron generators (level 2), 1 iron generator (broken), 1 gold
generator (level 1) and a diamond generator (broken)
-The Middle Island had 1 iron generator (level 2), iron generator (level 3), iron generator (level 4), 2 gold
generators (level 2) and 2 diamond generators (level 2)
-Each team has 3 players, there are 4 teams (red, blue, green, yellow)

Pokémon is based on the two Skywars maps: Pokemon and Pokemon. It's fine for rushing, but also good for the less good people.

Thanks to the people who gave me some idea's and points for improvement!

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
eoyZF28FWe1s05LHEXOPmHi95JOJkC5i1Tm9dvO_I175TWqd-U0fNg3JZmsTUT34YySTrNtJQx-GPD-cFRWuvGsC4jvXoVPkdDW2Hoy5kWXJsnPZTEif0FbJZvjipxGINmFFkIcI

Pictures:

Description:
-Each Starter Island has 2 iron generators (level 2), 1 iron generator (broken), 1 gold
-The Middle Island had 1 iron generator (level 2), iron generator (level 3), iron generator (level 4), 2 gold

Pokémon is based on the two Skywars maps: Pokemon and Pokemon. It's fine for rushing, but also good for the less good people.

I voted yes but I have some things I'd like you to improve:

-Flags need to be bigger and more noticeable.
-Islands should be a bit closer (Maybe 40 blocks distance or less?)
-The Pokemon at middle look kinda bad
-Remove the green wool and use granite, dirt, and terracotta mix to make it really look like a battling field.

I'd recommend taking a look at the current Pokemon maps on Cubecraft for inspiration. :p

Last edited:

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
I voted yes but I have some things I'd like you to improve

-Flags need to be bigger and more noticeable.
-Islands should be a bit closer (Maybe 40 blocks distance or less?)
-The Pokemon at middle look kinda bad
-Remove the green wool and use granite, dirt, and terracotta mix to make it really look like a battling field.

I'd recommend taking a look at the current Pokemon maps on Cubecraft for inspiration. :p
Can agree with most of the things, I'll work on it later! And which pokémon?

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
I kinda do like the map, but I voted no.
Because;
-Middle is way too far
-Middle has many layers, it has a few "hills" just sitting there and if you're trying to pvp on the path, you will most likely get hit into the hills which blocks your pvp.
-Also between the hills and the ball building there is only a few blocks of space to pvp in most places = you will get hit either onto the hills or to the wall while pvp-ing.
-Mid looks boxy on the sides towards the player islands.
-Starter islands' building looks weird, I would also like too see inside it.
-On middle's bottom right there is a pokeball attached to the lime wool building, if you come from the left side the ball will block you and you need to run from the void side to get past the pall and if someone is behind you, you will definitely get knocked off. If you come from the right side it's not that bad but still could be better to run past the ball without stairs/void.

Also like doc already mentioned the lime wool in mid doesn't blend in with the ball itself.
psst.. you forgot to add a link to the pictures from starting islands, there is written "starting islands: here" but the link goes to overview.

Reactions: Finixly

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
Hey, the map looks nice, but when looking closer there are some things that can be improved.
When I think of Pokemon I think of really colourful things, The grey blocks take that away, so I would switch them to something more colourful.
I like the terraforming, but it could use some improvements here and there (minor stuff).
The middle has kind of a weird lay-out: there is a pokeball blocking the path and it looks like you tried to get two pokemon to fit on the island which is looking a bit akward.
Moving the player islands closer to the middle could be a good thing as well.

All in all I would make the paths more straightened, clear up the lay-out of the middle, bring the islands closer to mid and make the map more colourful.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net

Pictures:

Description:

I have a few issues with this map. First; The starting islands are too far from mid, and from eachother, I see a game on this map taking 1+ hours because it would be very campy (due to the massive gaps between islands). 2; there is too much empty space, i would add 4 semi-mid islands on the perimeter between the spawn islands to speed up the game. 3; This is fully based on my preferences, but I dont like the pokemon in the middle, I feel like they look kinda weird just due to the scale that you tried to make them.
I hope this wasn't too harsh <3

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
This is nice, but can the generators that are on the side of the start islands be closer to the middle in between two islands? I think this would make it cool since you'll have to fight for it.

Reactions: Finixly

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Hello Finixly thank you for your efforts in submitting this.

Unfortunately, collectively the design team have decided to deny this map submission due to the following reasons:

- Upload a file, don't attach imgur links, it makes our lives easier lol - https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/map-submission-read-this-before-submitting.219318/
- The map is nicely made, however the layout is boring. It's something we have several times over. It's great having a slightly different experience of EggWars by playing a more unusual map. By using levels, island orientation and scale you can be much more creative. The middle simply put, is an oval and that's it.
- The starter islands are strong, you haven't done the typical 'one circle' you've added some additional umph to it, which is great!
- The middle, everything just needs to be cleaner, refined and higher quality. You need to make it balanced for all starter islands when they first get to the island.
- If I was to design this map, I would remove middle and start again with 5 different ideas, until I got a layout I was happy with. Layout is the most important part of starting a minigames map. As that's what impacts gameplay the most! Most people go with their first idea
- Strip the idea down, what is Pokemon to you? And how can you take those ideas and turn them into an island, can a player interact with those ideas. Constantly run around and place blocks underneath you, pretend you are playing the game, pretend you are bridging to an island and about to break an egg, where would a player attack you from??

A few maps we've done with this theme and to better explain why they were made that way.

Pokemon (Team SW) - big teams not sure how many on each team. I wanted to do a layout we'd never done before. I wondered what would happen if I put everyone on a 45 degree angle. However still keeping the theme of Pokemon and keeping it pretty. There are quite a few levels to the entire map, however still plenty of room to PvP. If I was to remake this, I would make the back islands a lot cleaner and less cluttered.
pokemonswforums-jpg.133355

Pokemon (Solo) - I believe yoya made this map
This is definitely a try hard map for the skywars rushers, but he kept in mind to keep it flat, make the layout interesting! By adding diagonal bridges as a way to get from the inner islands to the centre. It feels like a CubeCraft map.
pokemonforums-jpg.145975

Please do not be disheartened by the above comments and take some of the advice on board if you wish to submit another map in future, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom