Not open for further replies.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello everyone! Today I have another map that definitely won't get deleted unlike the last one. :|
Please enjoy! <3

https://imgur.com/a/YZll6xs

-Map Name: Dinner

-Creator(s): @_The13thDoctor_

- Description of map:
-Starting Island: 2 Iron Gens (Level 3) 1 Gold Gen (Broken)
-Above Middle: (2 Gold Gens (Level 3) 2 Iron Gens (Level 4)
-Below Middle: (1 Gold Gen (Level 3) 1 Iron Gen (Level 4)

Dinner is a rush map, but a very unique and special one. It only holds 4 to a team and a total of 8 players allowing for fast and intense gameplay, other changes making it less campy and more fast pace is the removal of all diamond gens, as well as having to go to mid for gold, furthermore with 2 layers of middle allows for new strategies for playing on this map, before you get upset about the underneath the table part I have taken very much care into preventing players from camping under it. ;) Furthermore, a build height limit can be put into play to prevent any camping anywhere on the map. This map is also different as it allows for smaller parties, less chance for randoms to join your team, can even be used for hosting a mini-tournament if you wanted, a lot of the community wants maps like these while some don't. I can understand why but this map might be your cup of coffee.

Your feedback is very much appreciated! Good or bad I'd like to hear it! Please, however, vote based on how much you like the map gameplay and style-wise, keep in mind this is going to be a map for everyone so don't vote if you want to be a troll or you don't like me.

Special Thanks:
@Nutuu for helping me fix some coloring issues.
@Gatsbe and @Robbedz for giving tips and help.
@Efcluke94 for discussing this concept with me and if I were allowed to make a map like this.
Anyone else who gave tips and suggestions for this!

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
Hello everyone! Today I have another map that definitely won't get deleted unlike the last one. :|
Please enjoy! <3

- Description of map:

Dinner is a rush map, but a very unique and special one. It only holds 4 to a team and a total of 8 players allowing for fast and intense gameplay, other changes making it less campy and more fast pace is the removal of all diamond gens, as well as having to go to mid for gold, furthermore with 2 layers of middle allows for new strategies for playing on this map, before you get upset about the underneath the table part I have taken very much care into preventing players from camping under it. ;) Furthermore, a build height limit can be put into play to prevent any camping anywhere on the map. This map is also different as it allows for smaller parties, less chance for randoms to join your team, can even be used for hosting a mini-tournament if you wanted, a lot of the community wants maps like these while some don't. I can understand why but this map might be your cup of coffee.

Your feedback is very much appreciated! Good or bad I'd like to hear it! Please, however, vote based on how much you like the map gameplay and style-wise, keep in mind this is going to be a map for everyone so don't vote if you want to be a troll or you don't like me.

Special Thanks:
@Efcluke94 for discussing this concept with me and if I were allowed to make a map like this.

Ok, I definitely like the map concept. The map just seems too simple other than the middle, I feel like for this map to up to Cubecraft’s standards the starter islands need more detail because they are very plain. Maybe think about adding a half-mid before the real mid.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok, I definitely like the map concept. The map just seems too simple other than the middle, I feel like for this map to up to Cubecraft’s standards the starter islands need more detail because they are very plain. Maybe think about adding a half-mid before the real mid.

A half mid? What's between a chair and a table? Plus that would slow the map down a bit. As for the island, I couldn't find much to add but I will look for something, honestly, I feel like it would be fine as PVP space is a must.

Any ideas for the starting island?

Good map! :D

Definitely yes. No other maps like this. This map = fast wins = leaderboard = happiness. instantly yes.

Thanks!

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
9CgQc5r.png

Would it look ok if I put 2 of these at the front and put a villager and gold gen in corner of each of them?

Also can people instead of just voting no also tell me why as it's not helping.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
The middle looks very nice; detailed enough but there is enough space for PVP.I just don’t like the starting islands, because they are just empty.Add something like tables, chairs etc, because it’s one flat platform right now

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
The middle looks very nice; detailed enough but there is enough space for PVP.I just don’t like the starting islands, because they are just empty.Add something like tables, chairs etc, because it’s one flat platform right now

Tables and chair's on a chair?

Idk, how about what I posted earlier and I might see if a seat cushion would fit the map.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I don't know why you want to change the fabric of Eggwars map with a 4v4 map. It seems like you put barely any effort into this one and is missing shape and detail. I can give you a solid 0% chance of this map getting accepted. There are already too many Eggwars maps with tables and chairs which are all much better so find a unique theme and put some work into it.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't know why you want to change the fabric of Eggwars map with a 4v4 map. It seems like you put barely any effort into this one and is missing shape and detail. I can give you a solid 0% chance of this map getting accepted. There are already too many Eggwars maps with tables and chairs which are all much better so find a unique theme and put some work into it.

What’s wrong with shaking things up a bit? I put a lot of effort into this thanks. Well maybe instead of telling me the facts give me tips and suggestions on how to make it better rather then that. Also again what’s wrong with having tables and chairs as part of the theme? Sure a few other maps have it but this one is definitely different. And again that’s kind of rude ngl.

Yes it will look fine with those corrections.One of the gold generators can be broken

There is still one gold gen actually, wasn’t specific my bad.

Reactions: CraftCreatures

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
What’s wrong with shaking things up a bit? I put a lot of effort into this thanks. Well maybe instead of telling me the facts give me tips and suggestions on how to make it better rather then that. Also again what’s wrong with having tables and chairs as part of the theme? Sure a few other maps have it but this one is definitely different. And again that’s kind of rude ngl.
There's already 4 maps made out of chairs and tables. We reaaaaalllyy don't need another one. People are voting yes on this because they want to grind wins, no other reason. You have been given suggestions for improvement dozens of times and your maps don't get much better. It's too flat the height of the table gives the attackers a massive advantage. It seems like games will mostly compromised of building across because after the egg is gone there is 0 chance to survive. This map has no strategy other than get to the other team's side first. Making it different doesn't mean better and most of the time it means worse.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
There's already 4 maps made out of chairs and tables. We reaaaaalllyy don't need another one. People are voting yes on this because they want to grind wins, no other reason. You have been given suggestions for improvement dozens of times and your maps don't get much better. It's too flat the height of the table gives the attackers a massive advantage. It seems like games will mostly compromised of building across because after the egg is gone there is 0 chance to survive. This map has no strategy other than get to the other team's side first. Making it different doesn't mean better and most of the time it means worse.

Again, what’s the problem? So what if there are other maps use chairs and tables? It’s not like it’s a crime. Plus this map is unique like the others so it may be worth your time. And a lot of people have voted yes because they like it. They wouldn’t vote yes for a bad rush map. Also, pardon? You keep referring to my other builds many of which were accepted. It's pointless to respond if your just going to insult and not give helpful criticism to improve this map. And would it be better if I made the gold gen not broken on player islands? Also since height is a problem do you want me to move the islands back more slightly? Also if everything’s the same then it’s not worth it. Different is good.

Last edited:

srpigglet

Dedicated Member
Nov 3, 2019
Valorant
I think it's a great map! but i think it have a little problems.

1.- The islands are flat, and a little boring, i think you should put more details on it (I don't really know what)
2.- And i think the map isn't like a, cubecraft map, but, it's very good building.

That's my opinion about it :P

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I think it's a great map! but i think it have a little problems.

1.- The islands are flat, and a little boring, i think you should put more details on it (I don't really know what)
2.- And i think the map isn't like a, cubecraft map, but, it's very good building.

That's my opinion about it :p

Well, how is it not a cubecraft map? I never like it when people say that because then it generalizes everything has to be 100% cube related and can't be unique. I am currently working on the map right now and should have an update tomorrow!

Reactions: srpigglet

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Please enjoy! <3

- Description of map:

Special Thanks:
This map has similar aesthetic issues to the previous one you submitted. It's overall really plain and boring looking. To me it lacks a lot of detail and it's not a very interesting/original theme. As to what people say about it not being a CubeCraft map I think they say it in the sense that CubeCraft builds are higher quality in both gameplay and aesthetics, and I'll have to agree with them. This map would still need a lot of effort put in it for it to be worth a spot in CubeCraft's map pool, in my opinion. Also it's incredibly small and I'm not sure wether that would be a healthy variation for eggwars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Klosk! 🎈
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
Top Bottom