Want target priorities in TD?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Ever had necromancers attack zombies or slimes instead of a giant? Had archers attack ground instead of air mobs? Want to make them target the stuff you want? Then this is for you!

Suggestion
Add a target priority to TD for all towers except the following towers: mages, ice, quake. A tower's priority should be updated to attack the appropriate mob whenever another mob comes in range.

List of priorities will show in a 2nd GUI you can open from the first GUI:
-First: default, will attack the mob closest to your base
-Strongest: attacks the mob with the highest HP. If "wither" (see below) isn't implemented, then we'll treat the wither and giant equally as the strongest mosb.
-Weakest: attacks the mob with the lowest HP
-Random: attacks a random mob
-Last: attacks the mob farthest from your base
-(optional) wither: attacks the wither first. If the wither is not in range, it will attack a random mob. See "strongest" if this priority should not be implemented.

Exclusive to leech, archer, turret, and zeus only:
-Ground (attacks ground mobs first, air ones last)
-Air (attacks air mobs first, ground ones last)

Reason
Targeting specific mobs can sometimes make a big difference between a win and a loss. This also allows you to use each tower to its maximum potential instead of relying on its AI to randomly choose mobs.

Last edited:

smittehn

Apr 6, 2017
I feel like this is a great idea, but rather than it being available to everyone, I feel like adding this into a shop item to get the ability would be a great way to add this to the game

Reactions: Proditio

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
It would be interesting if they created an update for tower defence like new maps towers summons etc. It would also give them a chance to update smaller things like this.

StrikerDH

Jan 4, 2017
The Netherlands
I like this suggestion.
Only i dont think its needed because this makes the game more easy and the game isnt already that hard, in my opinion.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I think it will make the game more challenging as it indirectly nerfs the giant. Believe me, the giant is so OP that if it is deployed at the right time, can almost always gurantee a win.
We can work around that by making mob HP scale with game time. As the game progresses, mob HP increases little by little (not too much but not too little).

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Loskol's profile.
1715877713484.png
UncleSpect wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on piggypiggyyoinkyoink's profile.
happy birthday!
Changed my name to _EliteSexy, so thats me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on piggypiggyyoinkyoink's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🐷
Top Bottom