Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see this in Eggwars?

• Total voters

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Hello, it's me again,

Almost a year ago I suggested synchrone the green balks with the spawning time of the different generators (thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/t...ar-on-the-generator-boards-in-eggwars.193317/). A lot of people agreed with the idea, but it didn't get implemented.

8d04818aeffa63f0248a3bdac0fe0346.png

This is the green balk which I'm talking about. Take the Diamond generator: when it's at level 1, a Diamond spawns every 10 seconds. The green balk has 3 parts, so 10:3=3,33 -- that'd mean, every 3,33 seconds, 1 part of the green balk is added until a new Diamond spawns. That idea also with the other levels and the other generators (Iron, Emerald (not that we really use the Emerald generator, at least, I do not) and Gold).

green-bar-png.135012

So, I actually want to re-suggest that same idea because I think it'd be pretty cool to have this in Eggwars with the generators. Maybe it's not really needed, some people would think that, but it'd be pretty cool to have in my opinion.

That was my suggestion, I hope you still like it after a year :p Feedback is more than welcome.

Thanks for reading,
Tjitt

Edit: it may not be very necessary but if you're sparing Diamonds to buy full Iron or something, you'll notice it. Also, it'd just look nice and cool in my opinion.

Last edited:

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
Oh yes.
Would be unnecessary but I like the idea, or they can add the green-to-red bar what the emerald generator has, so you can see how long it takes, actually the same concept.
So yes why not?

Reactions: Ducky

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
e32bef77a52f4d2f571a9952925492b3.png

I'm guessing you mean "Synchronise the green bars with the spawning time of Eggwars generators"?

Anyways, I remember hearing about that being pretty resource intensive, as every generator would have a different animation on every seperate eggwars match. Having separate animation timings for all of those games would use a lot of memory, making it highly inefficient to use the bars that way. Aside from that, since lots of players have a considerably high ping, it wouldn't even look all that accurate.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands

I'm guessing you mean "Synchronise the green bars with the spawning time of Eggwars generators"?

Anyways, I remember hearing about that being pretty resource intensive, as every generator would have a different animation on every seperate eggwars match. Having separate animation timings for all of those games would use a lot of memory, making it highly inefficient to use the bars that way. Aside from that, since lots of players have a considerably high ping, it wouldn't even look all that accurate.
I edited the title, thanks for that one.

I also edited my thread for your second thing. I know many English and Dutch people have low ping because they live close to France an for those it'll be much easier to see that animation. And indeed, it may not get your attention, but like I said in the edited part of my thread, if you're sparing Diamonds, you'll notice and see that animation.

I personally think that'd be pretty cool.

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
I think this will have barely effect as many players would not even notice as it is not that conspicuous. Like, even now players do not even notice that the spawn timer is disproportionate to the spawn time of the items. Also, most of the generators spawn items quite fast and that is why I do not see a reason to add a more specific spawning timer. What I am basically trying to say is that there other things that can be better focused on, like things that can have an impact on the game. After saying this, I would not mind if this will be implemented though as it is just an animation. :)

Reactions: ItsDavey_

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)

It has been considered and suggested in the past, it is indeed a lot more ressource intensive, and the same amount of development time invested in other projects is a lot more beneficial to the server than the amount needed to synchronize the spawning timer to the gif on the gen.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
It has been considered and suggested in the past, it is indeed a lot more ressource intensive, and the same amount of development time invested in other projects is a lot more beneficial to the server than the amount needed to synchronize the spawning timer to the gif on the gen.
Yeah no, that's totally true. You're totally right, but you know, I thought maybe it could be nice and cool to add such an animation which is synchronised to the spawning timer of the generators.

But developing other games and fixing bugs and stuff on the server and in other games is more important than such a little animation. I absolutely agree with that.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
xHappyMood wrote on Eli's profile.
happy birthday eli
BurgerCat13 wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday fellow dragon enthusiast 🐉
Xi1m wrote on Eli's profile.
oh noes
happy late birthday eli!!!!
Xi1m wrote on eddytheeagle88's profile.
if youre a partner on the discord server, shouldnt you also be partner on here?
Top Bottom