Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree with me?

• Total voters

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Note: @Quis made a thread today that’s kind of in the same direction as a part of this one, make sure to check it out!

Every day, suggestions are made. The amount and quality differs, but they’re there. Some suggestions get a lot of attention (not necessarily the best ones) and some hardly get any (not necessarily the worst ones). In some cases, that’s kind of unfair and a waste of time for the creator.

I personally think every useful thread should get responded to by staff (or at least they should try to do so). Now you might wonder what I mean by a useful thread? There are 3 main types of threads:

1) The Useful Thread
These are threads that actually suggest something new and are mostly well thought out. They don’t repeat ideas that are brought up often, make unreasonable demands, or are in any other way useless. The creator often puts a lot of work/thought into those. (Some examples: Example 1, Example 2, Example 3)

2) The Unreasonable Thread
These are threads saying things like “SENTINEL IS BAD PLS START BANNING ACTUAL HACKERS” or “GIVE MORE UPDATES AND MORE SALES”. They’re completely useless and demand unreasonable things that aren’t realistic at all, and the creator probably knows this. (Won’t give any examples of this to avoid drama, but you probably all know what I mean)

3) The Repeating Thread
These are the threads Quis’ suggestion is about. To quickly summarise, these threads bring up the same ideas over and over again. This might happen consciously or not. The creator probably didn’t put too much effort in it, as they could easily have spotted similar threads, or might be new to the forums.

Now there are some things I think should happen. The first type of threads, the useful threads, should be responded to by a staff member. Every one of those threads (That should be the aim). This is to encourage people to make those threads, as it can be very annoying to see your thread you put a lot of time in not get responded to by staff, and a thread about that sentinel only bans laggers gets 6 staff members writing detailed answers.

The second category, the unreasonable threads, should immediately be locked to avoid them pushing other, more useful threads, off the threads list. They should get a little message explaining that what is asked is unreasonable, and maybe a little more explanation.

Finally the third category, the repeating threads, should get locked by a staff member, with a little message explaining that it has been suggested a lot in the past. These shouldn’t get removed, as they can teach other people that this idea has already been suggested before. They should, however, get locked, because if they remain open, people will respond, and these threads, which nothing is going to happen with, push more useful threads off the threads list longer.

I really hope that this will be considered, as I personally (and I imagine this goes for other people as well) find it quite annoying when my thread, which I put a few hours of thought/work into completely gets skipped, while useless threads demanding sentinel to get improved get 5+ staff members with very long and detailed answers.

Last edited:

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Hi there!
I get your frustration, but how should they separate the threads in your 3 different categories? And about the second category you said they should remove post, but thats not how the forum works.
On the forum people need to post threads without think about good and wrong, it has to be possible to post what you think.
And if a post is good enough to be seen by a staff member, they will see it always.
Maybe you can add a poll to see more opinions about this idea.

Kind regards,
Jeffrey

Reactions: xHappyMood

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
how should they separate the threads in your 3 different categories?
Most of the time it’s very clear. If it’s not clear enough, they should be put in category 1. But if it’s for example a thread saying “Completely remove punch bows”, “Add blockwars bridges 1v1” or something else that’s been brought up too much before, it clearly is category 3. If it’s something like “FIX SENTINEL AND BAN HACKERS”, “MORE UPDATES”, “MORE SALES” or something similar, it’s very clearly category 2.
And about the second category you said they should remove post, but thats not how the forum works.
On the forum people need to post threads without think about good and wrong, it has to be possible to post what you think.
Eventually, locking could happen too, but removing the threads would work better. It’s not about good or wrong, it’s about completely useless and unreasonable threads spamming the suggestion subforum.
And if a post is good enough to be seen by a staff member, they will see it always.
False, that’s the problem.
Maybe you can add a poll to see more opinions about this idea.
There already is one? :confusedcat:

Reactions: rezlang

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Most of the time it’s very clear. If it’s not clear enough, they should be put in category 1. But if it’s for example a thread saying “Completely remove punch bows”, “Add blockwars bridges 1v1” or something else that’s been brought up too much before, it clearly is category 3. If it’s something like “FIX SENTINEL AND BAN HACKERS”, “MORE UPDATES”, “MORE SALES” or something similar, it’s very clearly category 2.

Eventually, locking could happen too, but removing the threads would work better. It’s not about good or wrong, it’s about completely useless and unreasonable threads spamming the suggestion subforum.

False, that’s the problem.

There already is one? :confusedcat:
Locking and removing is a whole different thing. They cant just remove threads, this will cause more similar threads because people dont understand why their thread got deleted.

And I missed the poll I guess 😅🤠

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
The second category, the unreasonable threads, should immediately be removed. Yes, I mean removed and not locked. If they’re locked they still show up on the threads page, causing them to push off other, more useful, threads. A private message could always be sent to the thread creator, explaining them why it was removed, but I think in most cases the thread creator already knows it’s an unreasonable thing to ask.
I don't agree with this. Even if the thread is very useless and complaining about Sentinel being bad, this is not the way forums should work and how members should be treated. They may not understand it and require an explanation (which may have been given a dozen times in other threads, but they haven't seen it because they are new to the forums). Removing the thread will just make them angry and feel unheared, which will maybe cause in them just posting the thread again. Of course they could be banned then but is this how you want to treat a member who just had a question/complaint about something he doesn't understand?
Finally the third category, the repeating threads, should get locked by a staff member, with a little message explaining that it has been suggested a lot in the past. These shouldn’t get removed, as they can teach other people that this idea has already been suggested before. They should, however, get locked, because if they remain open, people will respond, and these threads, which nothing is going to happen with, push more useful threads off the threads list longer.
I kinda agree with this, allthough I don't see a problem in how it currently works (other community members explaining it). Reacting with the exact same thing what has been said before is punishable already so the argument of people message/like farming on those kinds of threads isn't really valid.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
I don't agree with this. Even if the thread is very useless and complaining about Sentinel being bad, this is not the way forums should work and how members should be treated. They may not understand it and require an explanation (which may have been given a dozen times in other threads, but they haven't seen it because they are new to the forums). Removing the thread will just make them angry and feel unheared, which will maybe cause in them just posting the thread again. Of course they could be banned then but is this how you want to treat a member who just had a question/complaint about something he doesn't understand?
I already said a private message could be sent explaining why their thread got removed. But if everyone thinks it’s better to lock, than that could work too.
I kinda agree with this, allthough I don't see a problem in how it currently works (other community members explaining it). Reacting with the exact same thing what has been said before is punishable already so the argument of people message/like farming on those kinds of threads isn't really valid.
I think you completely missed the point here. It’s not the problem that people explain it, but that they fill the thread list of the suggestions subforum and that causes more useful threads to get lost.
Reacting with the exact same thing what has been said before is punishable already
Is it?

Reactions: Maaarijn

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I think you completely missed the point here. It’s not the problem that people explain it, but that they fill the thread list of the suggestions subforum and that causes more useful threads to get lost.
I understand your point, but how would this work? There will often be community members answering earlier than staff members. If a staff member sees the thread they could lock it with a message explaining it, like the support subforum used to work in the past. But you can't prevent that other community members will react to it earlier. In my opinion the current way it works is great. A forum is meant for people to discuss things and help eachother with questions, no matter how often it has been asked before. It is great that community members are willing to help and this should not just be the job of a staff member.
Your point is that the 'new posts' page gets filled up with those threads, but in my opinion this isn't a big problem. You could just skip those threads if you don't want to see them. Also the real good suggestions rarely get overseen by such a thread. Good suggestions usually get a lot of reactions, if your suggestion doesn't it was probably not a popular idea. You could always bump the thread as well if you want it to pop up.

3.12 - Like and message farming​

Don't ask for likes or farm messages with the only objective of increasing your forum stats. This applies to the support subforum: If a question has already been answered, avoid answering it again if you have nothing new to add.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
I think escalations/responses are a bit of an issue sometimes, but every suggestion thread I've ever made has at least been seen by staff, and pretty much every thread I've seen that gained some traction within the community was responded to by a staff member as well.

For the second point I agree with @Maaarijn, those threads can be irritating, but no member should just have their voice silenced off the bat, it'd just lead to more resentment of the staff/server.

I think you're right that some repeated threads should get locked, but it's not an all or nothing thing. Times change, it wouldn't be right to immediately lock all repeated threads.

I do think that the suggestions system needs a big rework, which is why it's included in the community talk, but I don't think just locking/deleting certain types of threads is the right way to go about it.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
I understand your point, but how would this work? There will often be community members answering earlier than staff members. If a staff member sees the thread they could lock it with a message explaining it, like the support subforum used to work in the past. But you can't prevent that other community members will react to it earlier. In my opinion the current way it works is great. A forum is meant for people to discuss things and help eachother with questions, no matter how often it has been asked before. It is great that community members are willing to help and this should not just be the job of a staff member.
Of course if a community member sees it first they can answer, but after that a staff member can still lock right?
Your point is that the 'new posts' page gets filled up with those threads, but in my opinion this isn't a big problem. You could just skip those threads if you don't want to see them.
Not everyone goes through every page of threads every time.
Also the real good suggestions rarely get overseen by such a thread. Good suggestions usually get a lot of reactions, if your suggestion doesn't it was probably not a popular idea. You could always bump the thread as well if you want it to pop up.
Idk 13 yes votes and 0 no votes seems kinda popular to me and that specific thread got bumped twice.

3.12 - Like and message farming​

Don't ask for likes or farm messages with the only objective of increasing your forum stats. This applies to the support subforum: If a question has already been answered, avoid answering it again if you have nothing new to add.
Owh didn’t know that, one of my older threads is implemented then 😄
I think escalations/responses are a bit of an issue sometimes, but every suggestion thread I've ever made has at least been seen by staff, and pretty much every thread I've seen that gained some traction within the community was responded to by a staff member as well.
Well idk what it is with my threads then, cuz people agree but they get skipped by staff 🤷‍♂️
For the second point I agree with @Maaarijn, those threads can be irritating, but no member should just have their voice silenced off the bat, it'd just lead to more resentment of the staff/server.
Okay lock would work too then.
I think you're right that some repeated threads should get locked, but it's not an all or nothing thing. Times change, it wouldn't be right to immediately lock all repeated threads.
Of course you shouldn’t lock a thread that has been suggested once before in 1687 and once in 1945 but some topics like “Completely remove punch bows” get brought up every few weeks which is completely useless.

Reactions: Deann

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Well idk what it is with my threads then, cuz people agree but they get skipped by staff
Mind linking me a couple? Not trying to disagree but I don't remember seeing any threads from you that weren't at least voted on by staff members.

I honestly feel like the main issue with suggestions is that they're sorted only by post time, meaning a suggestion could be super popular, 50-0 poll votes, and still get overshadowed by a wave of new posts. I'd make a thread on it but I'm just waiting for the community talk :]

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Mind linking me a couple? Not trying to disagree but I don't remember seeing any threads from you that weren't at least voted on by staff members.
Voting and answering are two different things :> Voting is easy, answering takes more thought.
- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-obsidian-rank-is-overpriced.275915/
- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/changes-to-cubecraft-damage-indicator.274377/
- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/autobalancing-when-in-party.275676/ (this one got answered by a translator though)
- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/people-mini-modding-and-staff-help.275554/ (also translator)
- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/friends-removing-you-when-you’re-offline.277179/ (also translator) (why doesn’t this link work normally, anyways just copy it)
- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/inactive-people-participating-in-giveaways.275430/ (also translator, the helper wasn’t one yet back then)
- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/filter-on-item-names.274347/
- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-no-pointless-threads-rule.273919/
- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/make-it-easier-to-see-which-maps-are-open.274343/
- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/remove-gold-blocks-from-eggwars.274233/

Need more?
I honestly feel like the main issue with suggestions is that they're sorted only by post time, meaning a suggestion could be super popular, 50-0 poll votes, and still get overshadowed by a wave of new posts.
Yes, so filtering out useless ones would decrease that as there’d be less posts.

D

Deleted member 492126

Now there are some things I think should happen. The first type of threads, the useful threads, should be responded to by a staff member. Every one of those threads (That should be the aim). This is to encourage people to make those threads, as it can be very annoying to see your thread you put a lot of time in not get responded to by staff, and a thread about that sentinel only bans laggers gets 6 staff members writing detailed answers.
When I wasn’t a staff member I had the same opinion as you, I really wanted staff to see my suggestions and vote/give their opinion (maybe escalate it pls?) - I might’ve actually suggested this on my old account at some point. I still think this should be a thing, we have a chonker of a staff team and it should be possible to reply to all suggestion threads

The second category, the unreasonable threads, should immediately be removed. Yes, I mean removed and not locked. If they’re locked they still show up on the threads page, causing them to push off other, more useful, threads. A private message could always be sent to the thread creator, explaining them why it was removed, but I think in most cases the thread creator already knows it’s an unreasonable thing to ask.
I don’t think any suggestion threads should be removed, even if they feel useless. Everyone has the right to share their feedback and opinions. These threads are a good place to change someone’s opinion and try to convince other people. If I don’t like Sentinel and I make a thread about it, I don’t want it to be removed - that will just make me like Sentinel even less, even if a staff member messages me. I want people to see my thread and share their opinion

Agreed

I personally (and I imagine this goes for other people as well) find it quite annoying when my thread, which I put a few hours of thought/work into completely gets skipped, while useless threads demanding sentinel to get improved get 5+ staff members with very long and detailed answers.
This will no longer be a problem if suggestion #1 is implemented, as staff members will always reply to your suggestions no matter what

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
When I wasn’t a staff member I had the same opinion as you, I really wanted staff to see my suggestions and vote/give their opinion (maybe escalate it pls?) - I might’ve actually suggested this on my old account at some point. I still think this should be a thing, we have a chonker of a staff team and it should be possible to reply to all suggestion threads

I don’t think any suggestion threads should be removed, even if they feel useless. Everyone has the right to share their feedback and opinions. These threads are a good place to change someone’s opinion and try to convince other people. If I don’t like Sentinel and I make a thread about it, I don’t want it to be removed - that will just make me like Sentinel even less, even if a staff member messages me. I want people to see my thread and share their opinion

Agreed

This will no longer be a problem if suggestion #1 is implemented, as staff members will always reply to your suggestions no matter what
I want to add something to this.
A lot of people are thinking staff member opinions are more important compared to “normal” player opions, but both count the same.
Like I said before, a good thread will always been seen by the right staff members.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Voting is easy, answering takes more thought
Fair and I think that popular threads should all be responded to as you said, but voting shows that staff at least saw your threads. Useless threads I don't think should just be filtered out immediately, but I'd like some way that the more popular threads are shown at the top above unpopular useless ones.

As a side note, thank you so much for being able to have a friendly debate without getting aggressive, that's way too hard on the internet nowadays :heart:

axinater

Aug 19, 2020
UK
Note: @Quis made a thread today that’s kind of in the same direction as a part of this one, make sure to check it out!

Every day, suggestions are made. The amount and quality differs, but they’re there. Some suggestions get a lot of attention (not necessarily the best ones) and some hardly get any (not necessarily the worst ones). In some cases, that’s kind of unfair and a waste of time for the creator.

I personally think every useful thread should get responded to by staff (or at least they should try to do so). Now you might wonder what I mean by a useful thread? There are 3 main types of threads:

1) The Useful Thread
These are threads that actually suggest something new and are mostly well thought out. They don’t repeat ideas that are brought up often, make unreasonable demands, or are in any other way useless. The creator often puts a lot of work/thought into those. (Some examples: Example 1, Example 2, Example 3)

2) The Unreasonable Thread
These are threads saying things like “SENTINEL IS BAD PLS START BANNING ACTUAL HACKERS” or “GIVE MORE UPDATES AND MORE SALES”. They’re completely useless and demand unreasonable things that aren’t realistic at all, and the creator probably knows this. (Won’t give any examples of this to avoid drama, but you probably all know what I mean)

3) The Repeating Thread
These are the threads Quis’ suggestion is about. To quickly summarise, these threads bring up the same ideas over and over again. This might happen consciously or not. The creator probably didn’t put too much effort in it, as they could easily have spotted similar threads, or might be new to the forums.

I really hope that this will be considered, as I personally (and I imagine this goes for other people as well) find it quite annoying when my thread, which I put a few hours of thought/work into completely gets skipped, while useless threads demanding sentinel to get improved get 5+ staff members with very long and detailed answers.
I totally understand why this would be frustrating for you and honestly I find it frustrating myself however this wouldn’t be practical as the staff team would not have time to look at every suggestion on top of bug reports player reports etc but maybe an improvised system which involves players voting on it being bad good or useless and time wasting I’m not sure how it would work but this is impractical.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
So do you still think the same as me or not? Because the first part makes me think you don't but the second part makes me think you do xd
Yep I'll change it in the original suggestion :)
Yep just wanted to summarise 😄
A lot of people are thinking staff member opinions are more important compared to “normal” player opions, but both count the same.
Of course staff members aren't really more important, but they're the ones who can change something. If you have 10 million members looking at your thread but 0 staff members, nothing will change.
Like I said before, a good thread will always been seen by the right staff members.
That's just not true.
Fair and I think that popular threads should all be responded to as you said, but voting shows that staff at least saw your threads. Useless threads I don't think should just be filtered out immediately, but I'd like some way that the more popular threads are shown at the top above unpopular useless ones.
Yes that could be a solution too, but I don't know how that'd work. You can't really require people to add a poll, nor can you require people to vote in the poll.
As a side note, thank you so much for being able to have a friendly debate without getting aggressive, that's way too hard on the internet nowadays :heart:
Np, I like having discussions c:
I totally understand why this would be frustrating for you and honestly I find it frustrating myself however this wouldn’t be practical as the staff team would not have time to look at every suggestion on top of bug reports player reports etc but maybe an improvised system which involves players voting on it being bad good or useless and time wasting I’m not sure how it would work but this is impractical.
Spoon just said he thinks it would be possible :)

Reactions: Maaarijn

axinater

Aug 19, 2020
UK
So do you still think the same as me or not? Because the first part makes me think you don't but the second part makes me think you do xd

Yep I'll change it in the original suggestion :)

Yep just wanted to summarise 😄

Of course staff members aren't really more important, but they're the ones who can change something. If you have 10 million members looking at your thread but 0 staff members, nothing will change.

That's just not true.

Yes that could be a solution too, but I don't know how that'd work. You can't really require people to add a poll, nor can you require people to vote in the poll.

Np, I like having discussions c:

Spoon just said he thinks it would be possible :)
thats great :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Loskol wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!
Eli wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎉🎉
Loskol wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats!
Vorealys wrote on Mafe's profile.
"Pantalón para tiendas" 😆

2024-04-16_13.38.06.png
Loskol wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Yooo congrats!! Cubecraft made right choise to make you helper! Hope to see you as moderator again soon!
Top Bottom