• No

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaad

Novice Member
Dec 2, 2019
While I was playing today I ran into a hacker and since there was a staff member in my game, he quickly banned the player. When the player was banned, I realized no one but the staff member knew the player had been cheating/banned, unlike a sentinel ban where all players in the lobby get a message in chat. My suggestion is this: if a player gets banned by a staff member in-game, display a message in chat detailing who got banned and for what (you can also add which staff member banned them). I know it's a pretty simple suggestion that doesn't matter that much, but I still think it'd be a nice addition.

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net
While I was playing today I ran into a hacker and since there was a staff member in my game, he quickly banned the player. When the player was banned, I realized no one but the staff member knew the player had been cheating/banned, unlike a sentinel ban where all players in the lobby get a message in chat. My suggestion is this: if a player gets banned by a staff member in-game, display a message in chat detailing who got banned and for what (you can also add which staff member banned them). I know it's a pretty simple suggestion that doesn't matter that much, but I still think it'd be a nice addition.

Hi

I know the point of view you have towards this suggestion. I want to tell you if you have Iron rank or higher and you have reported to the user that is using illegal modifications automatically when a staff member reviews the report and punishes the player, you receive an alert in the chat a message which says the player has been banned and also tells you the name of the staff who punished him. In this case your suggestion would be for those players who have Stone rank and that cannot know if the hacker has been punished or not. It would be a good choice so other players who are aware of the hacker also receive the alert when the player has been punished and play the game normally. I like your point of view towards this suggestion.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mivke

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
Could just display the sentinel message, otherwise cheaters could know a staff member is in their game and toggle off their hacks.
This is often the reason that when staff members go into games to ban people, they often don't say anything so that people don't go "OMG A MOD PLS BAN ALL HACKERS", revealing their presence and ruining the chance of finding more hackers to ban. Lots of mods use /vanish for this very reason. Broadcasting the presence of a staff member is just a bad idea. You'll know if a hacker is banned by the fact that you won't encounter them anymore.

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I think this suggestion is good but and alerts everyone that Staff are watching. However, it could be a risky addition since some hackers may toggle which would make it harder to find evidence to ban them.

• Disagree

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I assume, that it already is like that, simply because staff members don't really want to be noticed everywhere they go always.
However, I've seen many people wondering what exsactly happened in such scenarios and they get confused, as well as me sometimes.
That will clear the confusion and doesn't sound like it's too difficult to implement.
It's a little qol feature, that wouldn't harm anyone really.

Reactions: Mivke and Gregeyy

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Could just display the sentinel message, otherwise cheaters could know a staff member is in their game and toggle off their hacks.
It shouldnt display the message of sentinel cause sentinel didn't ban the Cheater this way it will be hard for people to actually know how many people actually get banned by Sentinel. You could always look in the stats are stats of every game and every version and I want to know when playing solo skywars if a player has been banned by Sentinel to see if Sentinel improves you can't really see that if a staff member bans and it shows the same message if a fly hacker gets banned I'd like to know if Sentinel detected it or if a staff just saw it.

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
I assume, that it already is like that, simply because staff members don't really want to be noticed everywhere they go always.
Well if staff being noticed is the problem, both sentinel and staff could have the same message so that players can't know if it was sentinel or not.

Last edited:

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
Honestly I don't see why this should be implemented. When someone is acting suspicious and they fall to death or something like that theyre likely to be banned. The only thing that really matters is that theyre out of your game. But if the devs have some spare time, why not.

Reactions: Mivke and Gregeyy

irresolution

Sep 2, 2020
United Kingdom
I think this is a good idea, but I think it should say something like this:

'A player has been removed from your game for cheating thanks for reporting it'
or
'Someone has been banned from your game for cheating thanks for reporting it'
or
'A staff member has removed a player from your game for cheating, thanks for reporting it'

I do not think they should display the ban reason to anyone else.

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I think this is a good idea, but I think it should say something like this:

'A player has been removed from your game for cheating thanks for reporting it'
or
'Someone has been banned from your game for cheating thanks for reporting it'
or
'A staff member has removed a player from your game for cheating, thanks for reporting it'

I do not think they should display the ban reason to anyone else.
This is already a feature, if you report someone and it gets accepted in game. You will be notified.

• Disagree

Curitx

Nov 19, 2020
It should not be global, but a message sent in the lobby the hacker is playing in would be practical. Because it can alter gameplay from people who were playing safe due to the hacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy bday 🎉
Basketman wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.