Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree?

• Yes, you are a smart and handsome fellow with good ideas.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
(Unsure what prefix I had to use, let me know if it's wrong thanks)
I'm not really too big on teaming up in pvp-based games, and eggwars is no exception to that. Thus I'm in the solo eggwars scene a lot. Having said that, I feel that Solo Eggwars could use a change which I feel would allow for more flexibility on the players playstyle.

Being a one-man-army, it's totally up to you to defend your egg. Of course, the game has to progress by bridging over to other people's bases and destroying their eggs, followed by killing the players to eliminate them for good. Sounds good but...it's really easy to have your egg broken while you're trying to eliminate other players. In fact, you're practically inviting people over to your island when you leave it. It's not like you can build tower defences or the sort.

And so, you have to constantly be watching over your egg, either when you're trying to bridge out, or even just being on the lookout on the other side of your island, or waiting on a couple of diamonds to spawn. It can be pretty easy for someone to birdge to your island without you noticing and ninja-breaking your egg, leaving you on your only life. You might even proceed to kill the dude, but all that did was put him back on his island, and leaving yourself pretty vulnerable.

Heck, if someone breaks your egg while you're trying to destroy someone else's, you've basically been punished for trying to progress the game instead of camping around and waiting for someone to leave themselves unguarded. As it is, bridging out to people's bases seems pretty discouraged. In fact most of my solo eggwars matches consist of people camping until they get to full diamond, and maybe even spare full diamond in a chest. Just waiting for the game to progress by itself.

In order to reduce this discouragement, I suggest that your egg can only be broken while you're dead. In addition to this, I suggest that the respawn timer is increased by about 2 seconds, as I don't think you can break obsidian with the lowest tier diamond pick in the time it takes a player to respawn.

For obvious reasons, this would not be okay for Team Eggwars.

Thoughts?
Critisicm is welcome :)

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
As a big fan of solo gamemodes, I respectfully will disagree with this thread. In solo mode, if you want to go to mid to try to get diamond for better gear, that is a risk you are taking, that your egg will not be destroyed. If you want to go take out someone else's egg, again, that is a risk you are taking to win. Solo requires either not caring at all about your egg and doing everything on basically just 1 life, or a good strategy on when it is the right time to press an attack, or when you just need to stay back and protect.

As for the respawn timer....On most maps the current respawn timer is enough time to break the obsidian with a efficiency (2) diamond pick (maybe eff 4 idk what it is I forgot which one breaks it in that time). If the timer is increased, that is more time that a player receives to cross a bridge with knowing it will be almost impossible for them to get hit off. Also, a longer respawn timer (even 2 seconds at that) will draw out games over the long run. Say you play a lot and have 2000 deaths in a year. That is an extra 4000 seconds of you being dead, or an extra hour and 6 minutes of you watching a countdown timer. The best way to break an egg is to block yourself in with clay. Once people respawn, if they do not have the kit with the pickaxe (I just woke up I can't think straight) they will not have enough time to collect the iron, buy a pick, and then break the clay, before you destroy the obsidian.

As for only breaking an egg when you are dead, that takes out one of the main strategies in eggwars. In late game, if someone still has an egg, it is a very efficient and usually successful tactic to get an enderpearl, use it to get somewhere on top of that your opponent can see, then when they aren't looking, drop down and take out the egg. Pvping knowing you can still respawn is a lot less stressful than pvping knowing that if you die you lose. Also, I (and I think most of the the better eggwars players) will tell you that we would much rather kill a person once, than to have them able to respawn and maybe have a secret chest of full gear, to which we would have to kill them twice. Sometimes we do like a challenge, but if we play on teaparty there are usually some really good pvpers hanging out there. (A lot of them do not venture to solo).

Reactions: MoonlightHugs

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
As a big fan of solo gamemodes, I respectfully will disagree with this thread. In solo mode, if you want to go to mid to try to get diamond for better gear, that is a risk you are taking, that your egg will not be destroyed. If you want to go take out someone else's egg, again, that is a risk you are taking to win. Solo requires either not caring at all about your egg and doing everything on basically just 1 life, or a good strategy on when it is the right time to press an attack, or when you just need to stay back and protect.

As for the respawn timer....On most maps the current respawn timer is enough time to break the obsidian with a efficiency (2) diamond pick (maybe eff 4 idk what it is I forgot which one breaks it in that time). If the timer is increased, that is more time that a player receives to cross a bridge with knowing it will be almost impossible for them to get hit off. Also, a longer respawn timer (even 2 seconds at that) will draw out games over the long run. Say you play a lot and have 2000 deaths in a year. That is an extra 4000 seconds of you being dead, or an extra hour and 6 minutes of you watching a countdown timer. The best way to break an egg is to block yourself in with clay. Once people respawn, if they do not have the kit with the pickaxe (I just woke up I can't think straight) they will not have enough time to collect the iron, buy a pick, and then break the clay, before you destroy the obsidian.

As for only breaking an egg when you are dead, that takes out one of the main strategies in eggwars. In late game, if someone still has an egg, it is a very efficient and usually successful tactic to get an enderpearl, use it to get somewhere on top of that your opponent can see, then when they aren't looking, drop down and take out the egg. Pvping knowing you can still respawn is a lot less stressful than pvping knowing that if you die you lose. Also, I (and I think most of the the better eggwars players) will tell you that we would much rather kill a person once, than to have them able to respawn and maybe have a secret chest of full gear, to which we would have to kill them twice. Sometimes we do like a challenge, but if we play on teaparty there are usually some really good pvpers hanging out there. (A lot of them do not venture to solo).
Ayy thanks for the response ^^ I'll edit this with feedback when I'm less tired. Good points though.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I think this would be a bad idea
One very fun and tactical part of the game is sneaking to an egg or building unseen bridges, then breaking their egg whilst the opponent is distracted. If you could only break eggs if players were dead it would remove this aspect of the game.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Who needs an egg anyway?

To add on my 5 words sentence, I just meant that if you were good enough you could play and win without an egg, ie without dying once.

This is a pretty bad idea to be honest, because yes it's just a new addition and whatnot, but... ehhhhhhhhhh it just removes the point of eggwars.
Heck, if someone breaks your egg while you're trying to destroy someone else's, you've basically been punished for trying to progress the game instead of camping around and waiting for someone to leave themselves unguarded.

But that's the point of eggwars. That's how the game progresses. By having your egg broken. .-.

I break so many eggs even when the player himself is alive and literally building a defense around the egg. lmao

Edit: There's also a tactic in Eggwars, when you break an egg after someone falls off. Or after throwing someone off. Tbh even if someone was dead, they'd die anyway and get eliminated for a reason:
-If you die, you'll respawn armor-less, and without a single way of defending yourself. Sooo you'll get eliminated either ways.

This just really makes things way too complicated IMO, and makes the game MUCH longer than it should be.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Xi1m wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom