Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

AdriCA4

Nov 26, 2016
Spain
It could be easy to talk in spanish if some words like the verb "to wait" (esperar in spanish) were not a bad word, so if anyone can explain me why is it a bad word... maybe it means something bad in other language Idk :S.

Btw, why is Gay a bad word?

Thanks <3

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
It could be easy to talk in spanish if some words like the verb "to wait" (esperar in spanish) were not a bad word, so if anyone can explain me why is it a bad word... maybe it means something bad in other language Idk :S.

Thanks <3
Some foreign versions of letters are censored to prevent bypassing the swear filter. I.E. è à ò.

Gay was filtered because people used it as an insult. Yeah, don't ask me. Apparently for some people it's a reason to ban a word. Don't try getting it unbanned, it won't work unfortunately.

D

Deleted member 169486

The word gay was banned because it was used as in insult, and no one wants that on the server. Nice profile picture Btw.

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
This is most likely a swearword in a language as you said... Can't say anything else about it lmao

There is nothing wrong with the word 'gay' nor is there something wrong with being so. I can assure you that the staff team has nothing against homosexual players and has filtered this word to protect them. Some very pathetic players found it funny to use 'gay' as an insult, which it isn't at all, and it is therefore "banned" from chat.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Nope, gay is used as an insult, but personnaly i dont care if someone is gay, thats just there personality.

AdriCA4

Nov 26, 2016
Spain
This is most likely a swearword in a language as you said... Can't say anything else about it lmao

There is nothing wrong with the word 'gay' nor is there something wrong with being so. I can assure you that the staff team has nothing against homosexual players and has filtered this word to protect them. Some very pathetic players found it funny to use 'gay' as an insult, which it isn't at all, and it is therefore "banned" from chat.
I can use the word "cow" to insult too... It's not a reason to ban the word, If someone use it as an insult is his/her problem not the problem of the community, I think :P

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
I can use the word "cow" to insult too... It's not a reason to ban the word, If someone use it as an insult is his/her problem not the problem of the community,
'Gay' was banned from chat to "protect" gay people. I am sure you wouldn't like seeing people use 'gay' as an insult while you wouldn't mind seeing 'cow' being used as an insult. 'Cow' doesn't offend anyone since no cows are playing on the server.

AdriCA4

Nov 26, 2016
Spain
'Gay' was banned from chat to "protect" gay people. I am sure you wouldn't like seeing people use 'gay' as an insult while you wouldn't mind seeing 'cow' being used as an insult. 'Cow' doesn't offend anyone since no cows are playing on the server.
Use cow as fat... Idc if someone use Gay as insult cause Im proud... It doesnt protect us, it is kinda a positive discrimination bc straight can be use as insult too

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
bc straight can be use as insult too
Gay is used in derogatory manner, whereas the term "straight" is considered as a "norm", therefore it can't offend people. And there's nothing we can do to stop people from using that apart from banning it from the filter. I can assure you with everything I have that us, as a staff team, do not have anything against people who are gay. We do not want people to get offended, therefore we added it to the filter.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday
WorriedSkate940 wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy birthday!!
I LOVE KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
Top Bottom