Not open for further replies.

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey there! 🙋‍♂️
On the 'Moderator' discord list you can see how all Moderators and Sr Moderators are ordered alphabetically regardless of whether they are Mods or SrMods.

The problem

As you know, Sr Moderator is a higher rank than common Moderators so it makes no sense that they are mixed with Moderators even having a rank with more importance.

If I remember correctly, the list I'm talking about is ordered by ranks and the higher they are, the higher their rank. (first Admin team, then Moderators, Helpers, QA...)

Here is an image of how they are currently ordered:

SrMods and Mods discord list .png

My suggestion

My idea is to prioritize the SrMods and also keep ordering them alphabetically.

Here is a picture of how it would look:

SrMods and Mods suggestion.jpg

I think it's a small suggestion but very easy to implement and also useful, since as it's now organized it does not make much sense 😕

Thank you for reading my suggestion and please react with :agree: if you agree, :unsure: if you are not sure (I would like you to explain me why) and :disagree: if you disagree (I would like you to explain me why too)

Herausgefunden

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
Hey! I personally like your suggestion. Though, that isn't a thing you could do in Discord since this is the same group / rank. While adding a new rank above Moderator sounds quite better. Remind: Moderators are Moderators doesn't really matter if they're Sr.Moderators or not. I don't think that should change. Furthermore, it has been that way a whole time and it looks fine.

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
How would you suggest doing this? Also not needed at all tbh
Sometimes when I want to search for a SrMod in the list it's confusing because everything is out of order.
Also it looks weird, that makes no sense

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey! I personally like your suggestion. Though, that isn't a thing you could do in Discord since this is the same group / rank. While adding a new rank above Moderator sounds quite better. Remind: Moderators are Moderators doesn't really matter if they're Sr.Moderators or not. I don't think that should change. Furthermore, it has been that way a whole time and it looks fine.
Creating another section just for SrMods is not a good idea since both SrMods and Mods are in charge of the moderation, it would not be very logical.

About you say you can't do that in discord, I think it's possible.
Cubecraft has many developers and I am sure that it's possible to do something

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
This isn't possible to my immediate knowledge, they'd need to be in a different section above not the same section. (This is a limitation of the client and can't be fixed with a bot. Can be correct if I'm wrong here.)

Also I personally disagree with this and I know a lot of the Seniors do too, the main reason is players almost always message the first names they see at the top of the list. (Talking from experience here...)

It's a big reason why Zed brings up the idea of putting Moderators at the top of the member list on Discord every few months. Whilst Sr. Mods are the most experienced- I don't think they should be automatically bombarded with all the questions, especially with their extra list of responsibilities.

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
They're brighter than normal moderators. It's not that hard to search for a Sr.Mod.
So it would still be much easier to see and differentiate.
Also as I said, it is a higher rank so it should be higher following the logic and the orderof how the rest of the ranks are currently ordered

This isn't possible to my immediate knowledge, they'd need to be in a different section above not the same section. (This is a limitation of the client and can't be fixed with a bot. Can be correct if I'm wrong here.)

Also I personally disagree with this and I know a lot of the Seniors do too, the main reason is players almost always message the first names they see at the top of the list. (Talking from experience here...)

It's a big reason why Zed brings up the idea of putting Moderators at the top of the member list on Discord every few months. Whilst Sr. Mods are the most experienced- I don't think they should be automatically bombarded with all the questions, especially with their extra list of responsibilities.
Although in part I understand that having a high rank people will ask them before another member with a lower rank, this is logical since the SrMods usually have more experience than the common Moderators and know how to give better attention and answers to the people than a Moderator.

It is understandable that they do not want to be bombarded with messages but it must also be borne in mind that they have that rank to perform these functions and help as much as possible. Also most of the SrMods or people with important ranks have closed DMs so I don't see a problem with people asking them more for more experience and a better attention.

Herausgefunden

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
Although in part I understand that having a high rank people will ask them before another member with a lower rank, this is logical since the SrMods usually have more experience than the common Moderators and know how to give better attention and answers to the people than a Moderator.

It is understandable that they do not want to be bombarded with messages but it must also be borne in mind that they have that rank to perform these functions and help as much as possible. Also most of the SrMods or people with important ranks have closed DMs so I don't see a problem with people asking them more for more experience and a better attention.
If you really want to reach out a mod / sr.mod. I'd highly suggest you to create a conversation through the forums with that staff member you'd like to reach out. Since, as you said, not every moderator has their DMs open.

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
If you really want to reach out a mod / sr.mod. I'd highly suggest you to create a conversation through the forums with that staff member you'd like to reach out. Since, as you said, not every moderator has their DMs open.
I don't need to have any conversation with any SrMod, I have just given an example.
Also, you can't necessarily contact a SrMod on discord by DM's, it is enough to ping him on staff-help channel to ask or answer a short question for example. That's what I wanted you to understand.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
they have that rank to perform these functions and help as much as possible.
They actually dont, all the extra Senior Mod responsibilities to my knowledge are internal, they dont have this role to get messaged more, this isn't it's purpose.

Also most of the SrMods or people with important ranks have closed DMs so I don't see a problem with people asking them more for more experience and a better attention.
This is probably true, but my point also refers to endless tagging in staff-help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
hi pookie :3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Clovate's profile.
Heya cool person!:D
Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
Top Bottom