Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
Just a quick question from me for the PC players

What keybind do you use for sprint and what's your reasoning behind it?

Personally I'll hold the front side button/mouse4 because to me it's easier/more accessible that way and that I could place my thumb there all the time so my sprint hardly gets interrupted (on bedrock yes; I don't have to do this on Java thanks to toggle sprint)

Reactions: Loskol

Muhh

Muhderator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 27, 2020
Saarland
I used to have it as a shift button a while ago since most of the games have it as that but now I have it as the control button

ItzzWxrrior

Novice Member
Dec 4, 2022
Russia, Moscow
Pronouns
He/Him

Personally I'll hold the front side button/mouse4 because to me it's easier/more accessible that way and that I could place my thumb there all the time so my sprint hardly gets interrupted (on bedrock yes; I don't have to do this on Java thanks to toggle sprint)
I use E for sprint, F for inventory, side mouse buttons for slot 1 and slot 7

Xi1m

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2023
Earth
i dont really play keyboard and mouse alot, but when i do its always Q for me (cause its close to W and all the other movement buttons)

Mappoe

Apr 8, 2023
Asia
Pronouns
He/Him

i use the default keybind, ctrl, as im pretty used to it. back when i didnt know how to change keybinds i was just stuck with control, then got used to it so i just use ctrl now, or double tap w in parkour as its not easy to jump and click ctrl at the same time... (for me)

ItzzWxrrior

Novice Member
Dec 4, 2022
Russia, Moscow
Pronouns
He/Him
i use the default keybind, ctrl, as im pretty used to it. back when i didnt know how to change keybinds i was just stuck with control, then got used to it so i just use ctrl now, or double tap w in parkour as its not easy to jump and click ctrl at the same time... (for me)
that why i use E for sprint :)

Reactions: Mappoe

JustNathie

♡ Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 15, 2022
Out of this world 🪐
I swapped shift and lctrl, so my sprint key is now shift since it's closer for my pinkie & feels better having it held down all the time than lctrl.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
My settings are mostly default, except I use Shift for sprint, as my tiny hands can't reach the Control key while holding W. Because of that I have Control set to shift. I also use mouse 3 for slot 8 and mouse 4 for slot 9, because it's more convenient. I also have Auto Jump turned off, for obvious reasons.

dvodany

Spytastic
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Apr 9, 2020
Czech Republic
I've always used capslock for sprint. Although I find it pretty suitable and I'm used to it for several years, I think binding it to some other buttons would be fine as well.

It's interesting how many different ways to sprint there are. I never though that game would be playable with sprint binded to one of mouse buttons, probably should try it soon:D

Reactions: Dualninja

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

I use the key ""z"" for wolk and the key ""F"" for sprong bc they are close the eachother and i use frensh keyboard

Lyriie

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
The UK
Pronouns
She/Her
I use the default CTRL like several others. Over the years I've become used to straining my pinkie finger to reach the key, and I haven't even broken it yet!

Reactions: Hoshi

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
I have really weird way to press my Ctrl key for sprint... I hold it down, but I'm not holding it down with my fingers, but I use the part of my pawn which is located just below my pinkie finger to press it. I use my pinkie finger only for shift. I might be the only one who presses Ctrl like this. 😂

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on S4nne's profile.
Mijn vriend heeft echt de leukste mega Stitch plushie voor mij gewonnen op Walibi en ik moest eigenlijk meteen aan jouw pfp denken ahhaahah.
I love Stitch 💙
HyperPal wrote on miguelitoindus's profile.
migiiiiii
JokeKaedee wrote on burgerkingbrad1's profile.
Happy birthday :)
JokeKaedee wrote on Muffin's profile.
Happy birthday, Muffin! 🧁
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ToonBer's profile.
Hello cool moderator, how are you today?:D
Top Bottom