Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you want to see Speed EggWars(featured) back on Cubecraft?

• Yes

Votes: 49 80.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters

Slimeyz

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
Belgium
I took a break from Cubecraft and recently realized that speed mode was removed. Do you know the exact reason that caused it to be removed? I would love to be able to play it again because it would bring back many memories.
ThE gAmEmOdE wAs DeAd. I wOnDeR hOw ThE gRiNdErS rEaCtEd To ThIs.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
My opinion is to port all the maps and some abilities and kits to current Egg Wars. Some maps would need to be changed yes, but other than that it's not asking for much, and when people say it's not worth the devs time, keep in mind we really don't know what they are doing and a lot of the same people complain about the updates we get so instead of putting other ideas down because of dev time push them up so maybe the devs will work on this next. Who knows. :)

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
It was unique in its own way and it was pretty fun to play.I think it’s going to become popular, simply because a lot of people want it back

Herrero

Mar 4, 2017
I don't think it should be a featured game. The most of ew community players will keep playing normal ew. Some of the ones who prefered speed ew also got used to normal ew and wouldn't prefer playing speed ew at the moment (my case) and the ones who would aren't so many.

Whenever a certain featured game comes the server player base increases or reduces, as long as I've seen (I'm not saying it gets 63625362636 more players either). I don't think speed ew would raise it so much because of normal ew. What I think it will happen is that normal ew's amount players would slightly reduce and those players would play a game which will be a bit more popular than infection.

I could be wrong, I can't predict the future but I don't think speed ew should be a featured game.

(If you don't understand something tell me, I'm bad giving explanations lol)

Reactions: Mivke

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I haven’t read the thread at all. But I scrolled trough it and it seems as a constructive quality thread. But the reason I haven’t read it, is because the Java eggwars playersbase is too small in its current state to have divided eggwars games. For Bedrock it might be a better option, but I don’t think that it will work for Java.

Edit: Before I get thrown all kinds of arguments against my head. Speed ew was also my favorite type of ew, but it just isn’t realistic right now.

Reactions: Herrero

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
I really hope this gets brought back. I love Eggwars but sometimes I just dont have time.

iiJqlian_

Novice Member
May 3, 2018
SpeedEggwars
(mods, please don't lock this. It's a quality thread)
Ty very much! I did put some time in it. So that's nice to hear.
its the same as double eggwars and no void it will be active for a month and then it will die
Actually no, SpeedEggwars had a reasonable player base for quite some(around 2 years) time, however Double Eggwars en no void is not really a good comparison ass they where experimental en only temporary.

Overall: It surprises me to see people are still thinking about the game. I personally still hope it comes back featured or in the eggwars NPC.
:):cube_light:

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Adding Speed-Eggwars will not succeed: Here is why

It's very attractive to good players since (as the name implies) speed-eggwars is played way faster than regular eggwars. Which creates a big gap between people who know exactly how to efficiently play eggwars and can therefore play even faster. While less skilled players can't take advantage of the sped up version at all. They'll lose more, because they need to rely on outgearing their opponents which is way harder in speed-eggwars, and they'll lose faster which pushes them away from the game. This creates a gamemode which only stays interesting for those that excell in regular eggwars. Causing games to actually drag out more because stronger players avoid danger and death more easily. This is exactly what eventually happened to speed-eggwars when it was still online. I regularly had speed-eggwars game that dragged on for longer than my average normal eggwars games. The gamemode gets boring and people shift back to regular ol' eggwars, leaving speed-eggwars for dead.

Add the fact that the Java playerbase can be quite small at times already, splitting up that player base even further might cause both games to suffer from low playercounts.

Not worth Dev time. There's things to do that are far more important..

Also this ^

YesEggs

Novice Member
Apr 15, 2018
Australia
Firstly cube removed it because there weren’t enough players, if you look at minecraft and cubecraft in the last two years they have both grown I remember playing cube with max 800 people in it but now I never see under 1k so the games might not be as slow to get into!!!
BRING BACK SPEED EGGWARS

YesEggs

Novice Member
Apr 15, 2018
Australia
Adding Speed-Eggwars will not succeed: Here is why

It's very attractive to good players since (as the name implies) speed-eggwars is played way faster than regular eggwars. Which creates a big gap between people who know exactly how to efficiently play eggwars and can therefore play even faster. While less skilled players can't take advantage of the sped up version at all. They'll lose more, because they need to rely on outgearing their opponents which is way harder in speed-eggwars, and they'll lose faster which pushes them away from the game. This creates a gamemode which only stays interesting for those that excell in regular eggwars. Causing games to actually drag out more because stronger players avoid danger and death more easily. This is exactly what eventually happened to speed-eggwars when it was still online. I regularly had speed-eggwars game that dragged on for longer than my average normal eggwars games. The gamemode gets boring and people shift back to regular ol' eggwars, leaving speed-eggwars for dead.

Add the fact that the Java playerbase can be quite small at times already, splitting up that player base even further might cause both games to suffer from low playercounts.

Also this ^
The devs already have all the maps in a file it would take them a day or two to reapply it

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
If you want speedeggwars back why did you guys let it die?
I feel like you can't really say that - the people who have voted yes here would have most likely not been enough to keep the game on the server. Also, many of the voters, like me and Julian for example, were also people with thousands of wins on the game and really active Speed EggWars players.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom