Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you want to see Speed EggWars(featured) back on Cubecraft?

• Yes

Votes: 49 80.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters

iiJqlian_

Novice Member
May 3, 2018
SpeedEggwars
Introduction:
Many of you know how Speed Eggwars works, but I will try to explain the game for those who have never known it.
Speed EggWars is the ‘’Speed’’ version of one of the most popular games of CubeCraft - EggWars. But don’t be fooled! Speed EggWars requires a totally different skill.

Unlike EggWars, a game of Speed EggWars lasts between 5-10 minutes. The maps are more different than the ones in Normal EggWars, because the islands are a lot closer to each other, which means you have to act fast, because your neighbors might take your egg and life away from you. Fortunately, obsidian costs 5 gold when its Overpowered mode, so protecting your egg won’t be that much of a problem. Be the fastest and win!

Not only the maps and the prices of some resources are different, but the kits and abilities are different as well:

Speed Kits
  • Mixing Spoon - Knockback 1 wooden shovel: this one is really handy because you can knock the Tryhard rushers off your island.

• Eggsplosives - 3 TNT, blast protection 2 chainmail chestplate: This one is handy when many people attach your island. You can simply blow them in the air.

• Golden Shell - 1 Golden chestplate + one Golden: This one I recommend to only use when its normal or hardcore. As in Overpowered this one does not really protect you.

• Steak and Eggs - Player receives 3 seconds of resistance when they eat steak
  • Mastermind - Permanent haste 1: If you like going for the eggs immediately. This kit is made for you.

• Egg Legs - 2 speed II potions: This kit really defines the game in my opinion. It will even make the game faster! sometimes a game will only take 2-3 minutes.
Speed Abilities
  • Born to Crack - chance to get haste after breaking a block of obsidian

• Upgrader - chance to get a speed effect after upgrading a generator

• Golden bounty - chance to get 10 - 20 golden bars after breaking an egg
The suggestion itself:
My suggestion is to add Team Speed Eggwars(featured maybe) back on CubeCraft.

Let me explain why:

Normal EggWars Alternative
Many people of CubeCraft love EggWars. Speed EggWars carries the same concept as EggWars, but after a while Normal EggWars gets boring. That's because when you play a certain game for a long time, you want to try something new. Now, wouldn't it be nice to be able to play some Speed EggWars after spending hours on the normal version?

Time of a game
Imagine having only 30 minutes to play on Cubecraft due to homework or other stuff you need to do and you want to play EggWars. But 30 minutes is not a very long time….. and you want to play some more games to warm up and to enjoy your gameplay in several maps. Speed EggWars can offer all those things for you. As it is possible to win more than 5 games in that 30 minutes.
Time is what makes the game so exciting.

Campers
Are you ever annoyed by a thousand layers of obsidian?
Or maybe a full diamond armor guy with a punch bow and a million arrows and perhaps some notch apples?

Of course you can get all these things in Speed Eggwars, but it is harder to get these things if your opponent destroys your Egg when you place your second block towards mid. You will be occupied keeping the intruders off your island and protecting your egg before even thinking about getting those shiny diamonds.

6xorBj7BTT4-SPfZ7ED_yb3swxAhDZPWnn0wegU6Ak-rpjxJ7i2fiTvEtpDNP1MVp6U-MEuegi8QrWTaRPrmh8VwnASJsvtNTD0CH0gtwvSX6kxJDpvRruc6IF79dVTFl7gI28lS

Easier to win for beginner players:
In Normal Eggwars winning relies on 2 things:

• Being able to Speed Build: Ninja bridge, Jitter bridge and for some even breezily

• Being able to pvp well
These 2 things will most likely guarantee your win. If there are no other people who can also do those 2 things, which means that the game will take longer because of the tryhard, but that points back to the argument I had about the Time of a game.
For beginners these 2 things are not always easy to train.

It took me a long time to Speed Build without falling. Actually the chance of me falling today is a little more then 40% each Normal EggWars game. So i get to see this very much:

QfBV2Dm_3KrQCuNTpno66euz7WQlI3-dBlX7nr6dNAnnBhTwCZb0FTTsF13b4ELApnChmymYgm5WtYEDNvJZLckVmb5VbpuzW7UAGWMjofye-MRIHe073ggo4bXuTgWP94C8kyKK

In Speed Eggwars you can enjoy the view too! (So don’t worry)
But not because you can’t Speed Build, but because you have been knocked in the void by an amateur object called The Mixing Spoon most likely used by one of these two Individuals :p :

962sG7io4A0yaP8DXHt3GB1aVTEsrOJN21GDnZlVpgNeL70zpb0K5KnXXNVxH1uuGBm3XL9gZ4L71A_z2BKt8vRfWKaKfA2szWmLh57nnxtI-ytM8oEHzKMRsjTz2mp374DumM_9

If you're a beginner. Speed EggWars is a more exciting option. And that is also because Alex and Steve can play forest. A map in Speed that only contains 8 players. Which makes the chance of winning more likely.

I got permission from my dear friends Alex and Steve to use them as example :)

Kits
Some people pvp way better when they have some speed potions.
For some it's the other way around. The kits in Speed EggWars are so well attuned to each other. You can enjoy any kind of pvp in Speed EggWars.
My compliments for those who established the game back then!

Maps
The maps are just awesome!
The variety of maps are very well designed in terms of distance between the maps, places of generators etc.
Also the maps that were added in Summer and spring and other events are great!

Player counter
The EggWars player counter reached more than 1k.
In general the player counter has increased
I think the player counter is ready for an extra exciting game.

Conclusion
Speed EggWars an alternative for EggWars that has many things that makes it a unique and fun game that has potential because:
  • You can play many games in a short time

• Less campers due to the fast gameplay

• It's a better option for beginner EggWars players.

• Because the kits of Speed are very well balanced you can Speed pvp but also normal pvp

• The maps are very different from each other
and that is why I think it should be added back on CubeCraft:cube_light:.

Your sincerely,
iiJulian_:)

Last edited:

Starry

Forum Expert
Oct 24, 2016
Belgium
I'm going to be honest, this was such an amazing game. It had a lot of potential in growing, hope they'll add it back. I really hope they reconsider to add it back, just because between all deleted games, Speed Eggwars was the most played.

Reactions: iiJoris_

iiJoris_

Sep 15, 2017
Belgium
Best suggestion I have seen in a long time!
YES bring this game back plz!!!!!

Lets see how long it takes before we are going to see people with arguments like: "it's a gamemode and not a game so it can't be in the featured game list". I hope we don't see them and get good arguments!

Reactions: iiJqlian_

Slimeyz

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
Belgium
Oh yes please I only lost over 5,6K wins so why not you know and lets remove the stats because nobody played it for 2 years. Oh wait I did.

D

Deleted member 59979

Not worth Dev time. There's things to do that are far more important. If you're really so desparate to play eggwars then just play normal eggwars. You also haven't addressed the issue that it was one of the least played games on the server. Often when I wanted to play it there was literally 0 other people trying to play.

Reactions: Slimeyz

iiJqlian_

Novice Member
May 3, 2018
SpeedEggwars
You also haven't addressed the issue that it was one of the least played games on the server.

This is not relevant because the games that have featured last year also weren't active enough before. Me being part of the Speed Eggwars community I have to say that its clear that from all the games being removed SpeedEggWars was played the most. If you looked at arcade back then had almost no players or archer assault also almost no players.....an that are games that are being featured now.

D

Deleted member 59979

This is not relevant because the games that have featured last year also weren't active enough before. Me being part of the Speed Eggwars community I have to say that its clear that from all the games being removed SpeedEggWars was played the most. If you looked at arcade back then had almost no players or archer assault also almost no players.....an that are games that are being featured now.
It's not clear because I saw more people playing arcade than speed eggwars. Usually there literally was no one playing speed eggwars but arcade could at least get a game going

Reactions: Starry

Starry

Forum Expert
Oct 24, 2016
Belgium
Although that Speed Eggwars was a really fun game to play, adding back another version of Eggwars will split up the existing players again, which is not what Cubecraft wants. But it would be fun if they add it to the featured game voting.

iiJoris_

Sep 15, 2017
Belgium
Although that Speed Eggwars was a really fun game to play, adding back another version of Eggwars will split up the existing players again, which is not what Cubecraft wants. But it would be fun if they add it to the featured game voting.
Making it a featured game doesn't split up the players more than it is now with the featured games......

Mr Cryptic

Jun 29, 2019
If this is added it should ONLY be added back as a featured game.
Adding it back permanently will just split the eggwars community again making both games take forever to fill (I'm pretty sure this was the reason the game was removed in the first place)

Fedde2001

Oct 10, 2016
Netherlands
I would love to play speed eggwars, but I'm not sure if it is worth the time for the devs and if it would split up the current ammount of eggwars players.
So Im a little 50/50 in this one

Odieuse

May 14, 2016
Delft
if im right there ones whas a speed eggwars but it got removed. i think it would be really nice to add this to the eggwars games. the maps i think obsidian needs to be a bit more expensive. it is speed eggwars so you dont want everyone to have like 3 or 4 layers of obsidian. so i think if obsidian is like 10 gold or someting that you cant get so mutch obsidian in the begin and also late game

Jan 8, 2020
I took a break from Cubecraft and recently realized that speed mode was removed. Do you know the exact reason that caused it to be removed? I would love to be able to play it again because it would bring back many memories.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom