Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

lvminary

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2020
Germany
It's a long time ago that Solo SkyWars really got updates. And I want to change that.
CubeCraft should revamp a lot of maps and also remove and replace maps. Some doubles maps would definitely fit into the Solo game. There are many people who prefer to play alone and they need support too. Also the chest loot in Normal and Overpowered can get a use of some updates.

First part: Removal of maps
There are some maps which are not suitable for PvP at all or just boring and insanely basic and must be removed. The overall map design is just bad.
Following maps should be removed:
  1. Tron (The worst map ever)
  2. Tnt
  3. Trees
  4. Time
  5. Scare

Second part: Replacement of Solo maps with the Team version
Yes, CubeCraft should definitely do that because there are some Team maps which have the exact same name as some Solo maps. And the Team maps look better in general than the Solo maps. They're a lot more nicer and would be more fun to play on.
Following maps should be replaced with an adjusted version of the Team map:
  1. Mushroom
  2. Rainbow
  3. Flowers
Third part: Revamp maps
Many maps are already great but there is much more potential to make them even better. So CubeCraft should revamp some of these maps.
For example bigger spawn islands, better chest placement, wider paths, bigger center islands and make more area to PvP easier on them, replace blocks with blocks from 1.10-1.12.
Following maps should be revamped:
  1. Jungle
  2. Desert
  3. Circuit
  4. Castle
  5. Candy
  6. Bones
  7. End
Fourth part: Add adjusted Team maps to Solo
Team SkyWars gets much more love than Solo SkyWars and therefore the maps there are a lot better. So I ask for getting them also in Solo SkyWars.
Adjustments could be making some islands smaller, adding more spawn islands or making islands closer together.
I can imagine these maps:
  1. Bugs
  2. Tribal
  3. Tipi
  4. Paint
  5. Fruit
  6. Dinosaur
  7. Western
Fifth part: Adding entirely new maps and map styles
To provide a lot more variety, CubeCraft should add more unique maps to the game. For example a completely new End map would be cool.
I would be happy to not have maps with a spawn island placement like End and Bones. That's awful in my opinion.
CubeCraft should add more maps in the building style like Glass, Field, Dust, Drought, Canyon, Bamboo, Ancient ... You get what I mean. They're the absolute best maps and amazing to play on.

Add maps with one or two closed rings as the mid island, big center island and the islands on the outside are the player spawns.
1634305360211.png

Maps which have the spawns connected with the center (+ a ring outside).
1634305392255.png

A completely new style which probably will require a grace period to prevent spawn killing. I suggest a grace period of 5-10 seconds:
Reversed maps; that means everyone will spawn circular like in SG in the center of the map on a circular island with a big ring outside them which has the chests with the better loot on it.
1634305612950.png

The screenshots are taken from the GommeHD server in 1.16 SkyWars to get some examples how good maps could be in CubeCraft SkyWars since they have very unique and great maps which easily allow competitive gameplay.

Sixth part: Add maps from Lucky Islands
I don't play Lucky Islands very often but the game has insanely cool maps where some of them could easily fit into Solo SkyWars. I can't tell any names because I don't remember them but they are great. Lucky Island maps have a better design and structure than Solo SkyWars maps in general which is the reason that they should be added to SkyWars too.
There is so much unused potential in these maps and there wouldn't be a better use than SkyWars. I hope the team decides to add some of the Lucky Island maps. Don't restrict to the Solo maps. There are also Team maps which would fit into Solo SkyWars.

Seventh part: Adjust the chest loot for Normal and Overpowered
I suggest to add cobwebs and throwable healing 1 pots to the Normal loot into all chests. The center island chests (or the Tier 2 chests) should get ender pearls rarely. The healing pots should be findable up to a stack of three.
The Overpowered loot also should get cobwebs and throwable healing 1 pots but also the ender pearls into the normal chest. Also there the healing potions should be findable up to a stack of three. Please add more golden apples to the Overpowered loot.
Add flint and steel with three uses to both loots. That all will help to make the gameplay more exciting, competitive and intense.

I hope you guys and the CubeCraft team likes my suggestions to improve Solo SkyWars to a more enjoyable game mode and saving it from death.

Sincerely,
lvminary | Nico

Velocidad

Jan 10, 2021
Spain
First of all, congratulations for making this elaborate thread, I also agree that solo skywars already needs an update, but there are things that I have not liked about what you said that I am going to mention now
First part: Removal of maps
There are some maps which are not suitable for PvP at all or just boring and insanely basic and must be removed. The overall map design is just bad.
Following maps should be removed:
  1. Tron (The worst map ever)
  2. Tnt
  3. Trees
  4. Time
  5. Scare
Tron and trees are classic maps that although their design is somewhat obsolete and they are not the best for pvp they are loved by the community.On the other hand, the scare map is temporary, so I don't think it needed any changes. With the map that I do agree with is the tnt one, it is a map which makes the gamplay very slow and not much fun
Second part: Replacement of Solo maps with the Team version
Yes, CubeCraft should definitely do that because there are some Team maps which have the exact same name as some Solo maps. And the Team maps look better in general than the Solo maps. They're a lot more nicer and would be more fun to play on.
Following maps should be replaced with an adjusted version of the Team map:
  1. Mushroom
  2. Rainbow
  3. Flowers
With this second part I would not know what to say I think that the current maps with the same name that are in solo, are well adapted (although the map that I like least is flowers) I think it would be to give more work to the builders unnecessarily
Third part: Revamp maps
Many maps are already great but there is much more potential to make them even better. So CubeCraft should revamp some of these maps.
For example bigger spawn islands, better chest placement, wider paths, bigger center islands and make more area to PvP easier on them, replace blocks with blocks from 1.10-1.12.
Following maps should be revamped:
  1. Jungle
  2. Desert
  3. Circuit
  4. Castle
  5. Candy
  6. Bones
  7. End
I really like how it sounds this third part , I think it would give skywars a good change, it would be good to see some of those blocks of 1.12 that they promised us so much when they closed 1.8 that we have not yet been able to see them in any solo map🙄.
Fourth part: Add adjusted Team maps to Solo
Team SkyWars gets much more love than Solo SkyWars and therefore the maps there are a lot better. So I ask for getting them also in Solo SkyWars.
Adjustments could be making some islands smaller, adding more spawn islands or making islands closer together.
I can imagine these maps:
  1. Bugs
  2. Tribal
  3. Tipi
  4. Paint
  5. Fruit
  6. Dinosaur
  7. Western
Although it is not a bad idea, I would vote that better than adapting these maps to solo would be to make totally original ones So that the server is not saturated with maps that are practically the same, and anyway some maps are good in team ,if they adapt this maps to solo their gameplay, it is totally different and it may not be as good as you think.

Fifth part: Adding entirely new maps and map styles
To provide a lot more variety, CubeCraft should add more unique maps to the game. For example a completely new End map would be cool.
I would be happy to not have maps with a spawn island placement like End and Bones. That's awful in my opinion.
CubeCraft should add more maps in the building style like Glass, Field, Dust, Drought, Canyon, Bamboo, Ancient ... You get what I mean. They're the absolute best maps and amazing to play on.

Add maps with one or two closed rings as the mid island, big center island and the islands on the outside are the player spawns.
1634305360211.png

Maps which have the spawns connected with the center (+ a ring outside).
1634305392255.png

A completely new style which probably will require a grace period to prevent spawn killing. I suggest a grace period of 5-10 seconds:
Reversed maps; that means everyone will spawn circular like in SG in the center of the map on a circular island with a big ring outside them which has the chests with the better loot on it.
1634305612950.png

The screenshots are taken from the GommeHD server in 1.16 SkyWars to get some examples how good maps could be in CubeCraft SkyWars since they have very unique and great maps which easily allow competitive gameplay.
Although I don't like the design of the bones or end maps, I think there should be variety and I'm sure that a part of the community likes it, so I don't think it's necessary to discard those designs. On the other hand, the maps with "Maps which have the spawns connected with the center (+ a ring outside)" and "Reversed maps", I think these types of maps are not the type of design that cubecraft is used to providing us and I don't think they would get along with the server. I think that in a certain part they take away the essence of skywars since there would be practically no need to make bridges or danger of falling into the void.

Sixth part: Add maps from Lucky Islands
I don't play Lucky Islands very often but the game has insanely cool maps where some of them could easily fit into Solo SkyWars. I can't tell any names because I don't remember them but they are great. Lucky Island maps have a better design and structure than Solo SkyWars maps in general which is the reason that they should be added to SkyWars too.
There is so much unused potential in these maps and there wouldn't be a better use than SkyWars. I hope the team decides to add some of the Lucky Island maps. Don't restrict to the Solo maps. There are also Team maps which would fit into Solo SkyWars.
Although I also like the maps of lucky islands I think that copying maps to other modes is not the best way to do it, on the other hand it is true that they could make new designs inspired by these maps.

Seventh part: Adjust the chest loot for Normal and Overpowered
I suggest to add cobwebs and throwable healing 1 pots to the Normal loot into all chests. The center island chests (or the Tier 2 chests) should get ender pearls rarely. The healing pots should be findable up to a stack of three.
The Overpowered loot also should get cobwebs and throwable healing 1 pots but also the ender pearls into the normal chest. Also there the healing potions should be findable up to a stack of three. Please add more golden apples to the Overpowered loot.
Add flint and steel with three uses to both loots. That all will help to make the gameplay more exciting, competitive and intense.
The current loot of the chests, for me it does not need any change since it is very well balanced, and well, in particular, I would not like to see cobwebs in the chests of skywars since it would change the gameplay a lot and I do not particularly like playing against people who have cobwebs but well this is my personal opinion😅.I really liked the idea of the flint and steel ,although I realized that all these changes that you have made are focused on competitiveness, and cubecraft unfortunately is not a competitive server in the pvp aspect.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom