Should this map be added?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
Hello all! After some suggestions of the community I have made some changes to the map to make it more "wizardry" looking. I have added a color line for each starter island so players can now where to go. Added some bridges between sub-mid islands to give more gameplay and changed all the lanterns, thematic and palette of the entire map. I also added lanterns to every island so it fits the thematic. Hope you like those changes and as always, any feedback is welcomed! :P

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
My response is almost identical to the last time when you submitted this as a different map, it really looks like all you did was change up the blocks, many of the things that were issues last time still remain, it feels a little lazy as even with it being a different theme, it dosen't fit.

Terraforming needs to be fixed, as stated in requirements for maps they need to be 1-2 block drops so people don't get stuck or the high ground, islands look out odd, mainly what's on them, and the sword still dosen't fit. I could go on but you get the idea, it's a cool concept but sadly I'm going to say no. -1

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
My response is almost identical to the last time when you submitted this as a different map, it really looks like all you did was change up the blocks, many of the things that were issues last time still remain, it feels a little lazy as even with it being a different theme, it dosen't fit.

Terraforming needs to be fixed, as stated in requirements for maps they need to be 1-2 block drops so people don't get stuck or the high ground, islands look out odd, mainly what's on them, and the sword still dosen't fit. I could go on but you get the idea, it's a cool concept but sadly I'm going to say no. -1
Where do you see the odd islands that have more that 1 block height so players can get stucked? The sword is a sword, a build, if you do not see the thematic I advise you to take a closer look in game.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Where do you see the odd islands that have more that 1 block height so players can get stucked? The sword is a sword, a build, if you do not see the thematic I advise you to take a closer look in game.

On almost all the player island edges. Also, there is no need to go on builders refuge to look at it as again, this is the same map that has been denied twice, just with a new name, and different colors. (Not trying to be harsh)

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
On almost all the player island edges. Also, there is no need to go on builders refuge to look at it as again, this is the same map that has been denied twice, just with a new name, and different colors. (Not trying to be harsh)
Has been denied twice because : First, the big organic at middle that could have caused camping and secondly the color palette and the size of the big rock. And I don't really know, it's 27-8, just telling...

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Has been denied twice because : First, the big organic at middle that could have caused camping and secondly the color palette and the size of the big rock. And I don't really know, it's 27-8, just telling...

There are still things remaining from the first and second time that we're asked to be changed, and just because it's 27-8 dosen't mean it will be accepted. A map with 50+ votes to almost none got denied.

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
There are still things remaining from the first and second time that we're asked to be changed, and just because it's 27-8 dosen't mean it will be accepted. A map with 50+ votes to almost none got denied.
Don't be harsh, it's a block game. I do appreciate your feedback but instead of critisizing the artwork you could suggest what to add to the map or change, the thematic for me isn't a big deal, its either a "enchanted" area with purple tones of glass mixed with micellium and pozdol. I do not really know why people don't get that idea, it's not that hard to understand whenever you see some "magical" builds in other servers with the same palette tone or even other maps in a few servers. The 2 blocks height is fixed now as you can see on this photo, so players can easily jump a block to return to the island.

Attachments

• 2020-06-12_09.13.53.png
    2020-06-12_09.13.53.png
    337.9 KB · Views: 113

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Don't be harsh, it's a block game. I do appreciate your feedback but instead of critisizing the artwork you could suggest what to add to the map or change, the thematic for me isn't a big deal, its either a "enchanted" area with purple tones of glass mixed with micellium and pozdol. I do not really know why people don't get that idea, it's not that hard to understand whenever you see some "magical" builds in other servers with the same palette tone or even other maps in a few servers. The 2 blocks height is fixed now as you can see on this photo, so players can easily jump a block to return to the island.

I'm not really being harsh, I'm just giving my criticism, if I sound harsh I stated earlier my intentions are not to be harsh, we have had this discussion before, also it seems a little pointless to suggest changes when I have already done so 2 other times for something very similar if people don't get the idea maybe it's because the theme is confusing, we don't know what you are thinking, and not everyone sees everything the same way, also, for example, Magic on Egg Wars Teams has a wizard and a tower, that speaks magic, Magical on team egg wars captures a Minecraft version of Disney land and the magicalness of seeing wonders, that's magical, random "purple tones of glass mixed with mycelium and podzol" dosen't sound magical to me. Also, I noticed there are still spots where you can fall at the very edges, but it looks better than before.

More Feedback:

It really doesn't feel like an egg wars map. It looks and feels more like a Sky Wars map more than anything. It just looks like a tryhard rush map where the half mid and mid are super easy to get to and the middle would be a great place to camp, especially on top. Also, the map's name just doesn't fit it really. I don't see anything Magical about it or anything that makes it so. Other things are that pallet for the map is a little dark and fits more of a Halloween pallet then a magical one. Magical should be bright colors and colorful.

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
There are too many gens. Perhaps no iron on the sub islands and no gold in the center. And also perhaps an emerald gen.

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
Hello! After some feedback from the community I have changed totally the gameplay of the map turning it into a skywars map since the layout is predominantly "rushy" and islands are pretty close to each other, I have also changed the sword for a little enchanted village :P

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Compared to what it looked like before, it looks really nice, it has a sort of haunted vibe to it. Though, I was a bit confused about what the map looked like previously, I think it would've been best if you made a separate thread and included a link to this one or maybe just kept images of the other map – I think that could have prevented any confusion. I've only seen a few images of the other map from people's responses, it would be nice to see both of them in your thread to compare.

Besides that, well done!

Last edited:
Reactions: FireExcalibur10

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
Compared to what it looked like before, it looks really nice, it has a sort of haunted vibe to it. Though, I was a bit confused about what the map looked like previously, I think it would've been best if you made a separate thread and included a link to this one or maybe just kept images of the other map – I think that could have prevented any confusion. I've only seen a few images of the other map from people's responses, it would be nice to see both of them in here to compare.

Besides that, well done!
Thankyouu!

Reactions: Meiske

Diav

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2020
Venice
I wanted to give a feedback before but I saw other people had already said things that I'd have said too so I didn't write anything, anyways since you asked me here I am.

The first thing I saw is that you changed the map 3 times in 3 days, in first it was a snowy map, then you replaced snow with micelium and now you turned it into a Skywars map from an Eggwars map. You look insecure about this map as well so this doesn't seem good to me, you must be sure of what do you want from your map and how you want it to turn out, you can't submit it and then change it over and over, it just doesn't look like a solid map.

Anyways, the first thing I don't like about the map is that you used mycelium and podzol together, I find those blocks already ugly and you put them together and it looks really really bad to me: if you want to keep the path instead of podzol you could make a path of spruce wooden planks,dirt...(Brown blocks that make a nice effect while put together). You could put some pink/magenta/purple blocks instead of the mycelium. I don't like the colorway of the bottom of the islands as well, you put cyan clay, dirt, light gray clay, andesite and stone: those blocks put together in the random way you placed them don't look really good, you could go either for a shade of different gray blocks or a shade of different brown blocks, it's up to you. (There are a lot of blocks of those 2 colors so it won't be hard to make something better).
I don't like the way you build the houses as well, they look like builds from 2015 or so, you could improve their style a lot. The trees look alright but the thing I don't understand is what's special with the map, it's just some houses some trees and nothing else. It is very a classic and I'd say boring thing, seen over and over in the past and in a lot of maps. I'd like to see innovative things rather than some classics. Also the layout is the most common one and I'd say a boring layout, seen over and over again.

In the end, I think an enchanted map would look interesting but the way you built it is just boring as the layout. I'm sorry but this wouldn't suit on the server.

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
I wanted to give a feedback before but I saw other people had already said things that I'd have said too so I didn't write anything, anyways since you asked me here I am.

The first thing I saw is that you changed the map 3 times in 3 days, in first it was a snowy map, then you replaced snow with micelium and now you turned it into a Skywars map from an Eggwars map. You look insecure about this map as well so this doesn't seem good to me, you must be sure of what do you want from your map and how you want it to turn out, you can't submit it and then change it over and over, it just doesn't look like a solid map.

Anyways, the first thing I don't like about the map is that you used mycelium and podzol together, I find those blocks already ugly and you put them together and it looks really really bad to me: if you want to keep the path instead of podzol you could make a path of spruce wooden planks,dirt...(Brown blocks that make a nice effect while put together). You could put some pink/magenta/purple blocks instead of the mycelium. I don't like the colorway of the bottom of the islands as well, you put cyan clay, dirt, light gray clay, andesite and stone: those blocks put together in the random way you placed them don't look really good, you could go either for a shade of different gray blocks or a shade of different brown blocks, it's up to you. (There are a lot of blocks of those 2 colors so it won't be hard to make something better).
I don't like the way you build the houses as well, they look like builds from 2015 or so, you could improve their style a lot. The trees look alright but the thing I don't understand is what's special with the map, it's just some houses some trees and nothing else. It is very a classic and I'd say boring thing, seen over and over in the past and in a lot of maps. I'd like to see innovative things rather than some classics. Also the layout is the most common one and I'd say a boring layout, seen over and over again.

In the end, I think an enchanted map would look interesting but the way you built it is just boring as the layout. I'm sorry but this wouldn't suit on the server.
I tried several blocks that could combine with the brown-ish style of the houses so I guess pozdol doesn't look that bad, you said it was your opinion which I totally respect but it's only an opinion from one person. Regarding to the houses style, I am not a fan of structure building (as you can probably tell for my organics) so that's the best I could build medieval houses. If you combine several tones of purple or pink terracota with the roofing and then you change the palette of the terrain instead of micellium to purple terracota again it'd look ugly imo. I decided to replace the cyan terracota for cobblestone since it fits more the grey-ish style of the stone and andesite. About the thematic of the map and it'ss modifications throughout the days: People suggested that the way the islands are positioned it'd fit more if the map was for Skywars rather than for Eggwars because of its manners of gameplay. That's why I decided to change the gamemode, not because I was unsecure about it nor because I didn't know what to do, I changed it because of the community suggesting to change the gameplay, such as @Story said, that the map was a bit "rushy". The thematic of the map went the same as its gamemode change, people didn't like at all the sword, that's why I decided to build a village, and that's what Luke suggested on a previous version of that map when it was surrounded by snow blocks. I guess you are the only person who doesn't realise yet the thematic (maybe I'm wrong) but that's what I understand, if not you can always dm me and I'll invite you to take a closer look to the map on Builders Refuge. The layout also went through several changes, I added bridges, that makes the pvp and the gameplay more tricky than before. Hope that clarifies all the aspects.

Reactions: Diav

juqn

Jan 19, 2020
Spain
www.twitter.com
Hello! I have made some improvements on a previus version of that map so now looks cleaner and better :p Let me know what you guys think about it!
- Creator: FireExcalibur10
- Description: 12 islands, 3 chests per each. Sub-mid islands (3 -4 chests per each). Mid island (3 haunted houses with 3-4 chests per each , and some chests spread trough the mid too)
- Map name: Enchanted (name can be also changed to "Haunted").
Notes: I previously built a solo eggwars map about it with a sword but after some feedback from the community and some advices from Efcluke94 from a previous post, I have decided to turn the map into a solo skywars map with no sword or big rock, just a little and enchanted village!
Me parece un mapa de 10, ¡buen trabajo!

Reactions: FireExcalibur10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom