Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should This Be Implemented?

• Yes! Everything! (Please Explain Why)

• No! It’s all horrible! (Please Explain Why)

• Yes! But Only Certain Things (Explain Which and Why)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
it’s been a while now since Block Wars has started to lose players significantly. And that’s a shame because it was quite a popular gamemode before.
Why is this happening? Well, Block Wars is more or less now pure PvP based instead of strategy. And no, that’s not how it’s supposed to be.
What can be done to fix this? Well the main cause of Block Wars becoming a kill-farming game is the team balancer. Why the team balancer? Well, when there’s a team that has less players than the oponent, their respawn time gets reduced. Allowing the players with the ‘disadvantage’ to camp, as they respawn pretty fast. What happens next is that one team is too focused on camping and doesn’t even attemp to capture a flag while the other team is just constantly trying to attack them with no results because of the constant need of fighting.
So I propose that the team balancer gets changed, it cannot stay as it is because it’ll just kill Block Wars.
Unfortunately I haven’t come up with an acually effective team balancer, but oh well that’s Cubecraft’s job. For now the team balancer should be changed to the one that gave resistance to the players with a disadvantage, that one at least didn’t make the players camp forever.
Of course fixing the team balancer is a huge part of what’s needed to revive this gamemode but there are other details that could help in that process.
Another thing that encourages the players to focus mainly on PvP are the stats at the end of the game.
  • The kill counter needs to be removed and replaced with Flag Captures count or something. It isn’t even necessary, believe it or not, that insignificant number that’s seen at the side of your name in tab makes the players want to increase it, ignoring the main focus of the game.
  • The KDR should be removed because of the reasons mentioned above with the kill counter.
  • The “Top Player” Should be chosen by flag captures, capture attemps, amount of players that broke the player’s trapblocks (Making the players find strategical ways to place them) and blocks broken on the enemy team, although the blocks broken should only be taken into account when 2 or more players have the same statistics in the previously mentioned aspects.
  • Add a Core damage dealt leaderboard please, if CTF mode already has captures, then Core should have damage dealt.
  • I don’t know if this is possible but, divide the win leaderboards in two: CTF wins and Core wins. They may be vary similar but the main goal is somehow different. I personally think CTF is faster and easier to win, it’s not fair for the Core players to never be able to get to then leaderboards because CTF just gives you wins faster.
  • Add achievements related to flag capturing and attemps too. Like capturing all 3 flags in one game, attempting to capture a flag three times in a game, making that two players from the enemy team break both your trab blocks in one game (This one could be called “Trap Block Master” or something similar).
  • Last but not least, add the times that a player from the enemy team has broken your trap block to the lobby stats.
Other simple changes:
Reward for losing (Previously suggested by @Andyyy ) Usually, a block wars game takes about 10 minutes to finish, that’s a lot of time. If you want all of the players to be encouraged to play more (Not only the one who lose) you should give the losing team a small reward, 25 Exp and 10 Points. This isn’t any absurd game mechanic, it has already been implemented in games like SkyWars, so why not in BlockWars?

Thank you for taking your time to read this thread! Any feedback is appreciated!

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
No responses yet? Okay, I’ll wait.
But, Management, you need to give it a chance, you may think Block Wars is a dead cause already but with these simple changes you could revive the gamemode. The main idea of the game is pretty special and different to many other games in the minecraft community, and that’s precisely what you need, being original. So don’t let Block Wars die.
Edit: @Camezonda @Quetzi

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
Dude not to be rude, but you only had your post up for 30 minutes...some of my posts don't get a response for more than 3-4 hours (granted I sometimes post at odd times). If you are patient people will respond, and if it is over a day with no responses then I feel it's OK for a bumb post.

I do not play block wars so I do not feel qualified to make feedback about your ideas, but trust me someone who does play it will come along and have some feedback.

Reactions: Eli

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Tbh, I've only stopped trying to get captures and focussed on kills is because there is no incentive to do so anymore, one reason is because the leaderboard doesn't even work, another is the lack of goals when I've already hit 10k caps once and a lack of monthly leaderboards. They should be there and offer vanity rewards like Uber cubelets along with core damage and core wins separate from CTF wins.

Personally I think all respawn times need a like +3 seconds

I like my idea ofc, 25 experience is a bit much tho but 10 wpulw be nice

Apart from that, I don't feel that the other stuff is nessasary tbh, captures in tab would just be a long list of 0's and other stuff a bit overkill

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Tbh, I've only stopped trying to get captures and focussed on kills is because there is no incentive to do so anymore, one reason is because the leaderboard doesn't even work, another is the lack of goals when I've already hit 10k caps once and a lack of monthly leaderboards. They should be there and offer vanity rewards like Uber cubelets along with core damage and core wins separate from CTF wins.

Personally I think all respawn times need a like +3 seconds

I like my idea ofc, 25 experience is a bit much tho but 10 wpulw be nice

Apart from that, I don't feel that the other stuff is nessasary tbh, captures in tab would just be a long list of 0's and other stuff a bit overkill
Captures in tab was only an option, the main suggestion was to remove the kill counter entirely.
The suggestions aren’t useless, they were made so the players stop focusing on getting kills and focused on the actual goal of the game, capturing flags.
And the separate leaderboard for core is just necessary I don’t even know why they didn’t give it a leaderboard when it was first released.

Last edited:

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Okay I waited a few days already and there’s still no repones, it is clear that block wars isn’t a topic of interest for cubecraft anymore. How sad.

Reactions: Andyyy

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
All the other threads that speak about things that have been discussed various times already do get replies, from both members and staff but the topics that actually need attention like the content about the server itself (especially games that are begging for an update) are just left to be forgotten, this is so frustrating.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
All the other threads that speak about things that have been discussed various times already do get replies, from both members and staff but the topics that actually need attention like the content about the server itself (especially games that are begging for an update) are just left to be forgotten, this is so frustrating.
lol ikr

Art3m1sTV

Jul 9, 2018
I actually agree with everything on here. When BlockWars was first released, people in BlockWars were here and there, and now I can't even find a server with people in it without waiting! Anyways, I do see some of these changes improving the game if they were in the game.

Reactions: Eli
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom