• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
[Slime Survival]: Library

[Builder]: Sqvyy

[Helped by]: @CrystalDrop

[Description]: Join this forgotten library as you turn every corner to find all the unique and hidden rooms throughout the map! You will need them in order to escape the rampage slimes. This map consists of two stories, will you be able to survive? As always, feedback is very much appreciated. I hope you enjoy!

[info] Since there is a lack of slime survival maps I decided to start on one and have the community guide the map too be a sucsess. Please leave feed back for this map is not 100% finished.

[Video]

Attachments

• Library_2.png
    Library_2.png
    2 MB · Views: 112
  • redo1.png
    redo1.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 94
  • redo2.png
    redo2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
  • redo3.png
    redo3.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 87
  • redo4.png
    redo4.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 83
  • redo5.png
    redo5.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
  • redo6.png
    redo6.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 88
  • redo7.png
    redo7.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 85
  • redo8.png
    redo8.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 84
  • redo9.png
    redo9.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 88
  • redo11.png
    redo11.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 95
  • redo10.png
    redo10.png
    6 MB · Views: 86
  • redo11.png
    redo11.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 95
  • redo12.png
    redo12.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
I may be biased... but it really is an awesome map and would be a lot of fun to play on! There are a lot of good hiding spots that I think people would love discovering!

Last edited:
Reactions: Savvy

JDgamers

Jan 31, 2020
Unknown
Pronouns
He/Him
It really looks like a unique Slime Survival map, nice job. Personally, it doesn’t need to look darker for me, so I would make the roof out of glass.

Reactions: CrystalDrop

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
I like the map, but it doesn't fit the gameplay of slime survival.
The map is way too open in the center and almost everywhere, there are a few hiding spots, but the one you showed in the video was a tunnel that was 1x2, which is waaay too small, you could simply just make it 2x2, I'm unsure about other hidingspots/tunnels.
Some spots are dark, even tho it's a forgotten library, there should still be some sort of light, a torch would do. Also, to fit the forgotten part more, you could add leaves and vines to make it look old and abbandoned, maybe some cracks in the floor,...
Last but not least, after playing a lot of slime survival, I prefer big maps more with fewer hiding spots, but yet not too open. This map is really small, kind of like Toys. I believe people prefer the map Pirates way more than Toys because it's bigger, yet still open, on 2 levels, but not as open as this map.
I love the build, it's beautiful, but it wouldn't be a fun map to play Slime Survival on hence I voted no.

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
@Rawrbin @DMR_Marijn @ItzEnd3r

Thank you for your feedback.
Some things have been change at the moment and still working on changes to make the map 100% ready for the sever. This map is a challange and a work in progress and will be updated as feedback comes in to make it neat and playable. Thank you.

Please keep an eye on this map for it will change a lot until its perfect.

MoonHuntress

Apr 16, 2016
I occasionally play Slime Survival as a break from Tower Defense, and I think this map would be a nice addition. I didn't see the map prior to the new update, but I think it looks pretty good.

However, I think there could still be a bit more hiding spaces throughout the map to make the gameplay more interesting. I would also follow what Rawrbin said about making it feel slightly more "forgotten."

Otherwise, it's a pretty solid map and I can't wait to see this implemented! :D

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
Changed my vote to yes.
Gameplay wise: perfectly balanced
You balanced the size of the map with how open it is, the amount of hiding spots and how difficult/many hiding spots there are. Almost all hiding spots (Besides tunnels that make you fall down) are big enough to throw a slime and not be upset that your slime bounced off the wall every second due to it being 1x2.
Now a little about the "story", it still doesn't feel like a "forgotten" library, it looks pretty clean, this is no big problem with playing the map, just a small side-note in your story, however if you really wanted to make it look like a forgotten library, you might still have to work a little on that, but that's just something you have to look at if you'd like to still make it forgotten, or just leave it like this and change the story a little.
Last but not least, I'm not a builder but if you look at screenshot 13 (redo11), it's really dark. Wouldn't know how you could change it a little... Just not really nice to look at, maybe a more experienced builder could help you on this.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Changed my vote to yes.
Gameplay wise: perfectly balanced
You balanced the size of the map with how open it is, the amount of hiding spots and how difficult/many hiding spots there are. Almost all hiding spots (Besides tunnels that make you fall down) are big enough to throw a slime and not be upset that your slime bounced off the wall every second due to it being 1x2.
Now a little about the "story", it still doesn't feel like a "forgotten" library, it looks pretty clean, this is no big problem with playing the map, just a small side-note in your story, however if you really wanted to make it look like a forgotten library, you might still have to work a little on that, but that's just something you have to look at if you'd like to still make it forgotten, or just leave it like this and change the story a little.
Last but not least, I'm not a builder but if you look at screenshot 13 (redo11), it's really dark. Wouldn't know how you could change it a little... Just not really nice to look at, maybe a more experienced builder could help you on this.
same feedback from me ^
the updates are great, my vote is a yes now ( would just add some leaves and vines to make it look forgotten)

• Love
Reactions: CrystalDrop
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli
7 reports closed in a row because Sentinel got there first... :despair:

1713882959021.png
GiGaGekkies wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom