www.cubecraft.net
CAMPING

camping.png

Built by: @Expurgation, @Axyy
MAP DESCRIPTION:
  • 24 players, 12 teams of 2.
  • The map only includes 1.8 blocks.
  • Flat areas, enough space to PVP on.
  • 12 starter islands, 12 sub-sub-mid islands, 8 sub-mid islands, 1 mid-island which makes it a total of 33 different islands.
  • The map does not contain any excessive amounts of lava or water.

STARTER ISLAND:
  • 6 chests.
  • 1 oven.
  • 1 crafting table.
  • 3 diamond ores
  • 3 gold ores.
  • 6 iron ores.
  • 6 coal ores.

SUB-SUB-MID ISLAND:
  • 2 chests.
  • Enough wood to chop!

SUB-MID ISLAND:
  • 2 chests.
  • 2 ovens.
  • 1 crafting table

MID-ISLAND:

• 9 chests.

PICTURES:
s2Lspwg.png
bY83SPX.png
5rqgK3t.png
djEYONG.png
IOA9Zgx.png
0kpe2vI.png
ru7eocI.png
YskJAgf.png
VjeND1Y.png
gxHA6DD.png
AWLC2mS.png
8TEJ7xm.png

4q3md7z.png

Imgur link:

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I really like the cubic aesthetic you have with it. It gives it a different touch. I'd personally call it "plots" because camping is a really basic map name. I'd recommend you definitely make a second tree or more because its very noticeable with the copy and paste. I'd recommend that you push the aesthetic further so more parts of it are more cubic because that would really make it a much more unique map. Obviously don't make everything a box but for example the cave, you can straighten out some edges or two block wide zigzags. The tree could be done similarly.

This can be an awesome map if you push more to the cube aesthetic.

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
I really like the cubic aesthetic you have with it. It gives it a different touch. I'd personally call it "plots" because camping is a really basic map name. I'd recommend you definitely make a second tree or more because its very noticeable with the copy and paste. I'd recommend that you push the aesthetic further so more parts of it are more cubic because that would really make it a much more unique map. Obviously don't make everything a box but for example the cave, you can straighten out some edges or two block wide zigzags. The tree could be done similarly.

This can be an awesome map if you push more to the cube aesthetic.
Thanks for your feedback, I also liked the cubic aesthetic since I want to go for a really unique map similar to what I did to the "Aircrafts" map. When I get home, I'll make sure to do some changes and will probably post new screenshots tomorrow. :)

Reactions: Andyyy

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Like the layout, hate the theme. Im tired if all the grassy maps.

Yes because of the unique layout, but please the colour scheme is overused

Reactions: Axyy

HetIsRuben

Jun 9, 2020
The islands are square! Actually that is not really beautiful! But you can always try it, of course!

Diav

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2020
Venice
I like the idea of cuboid islands but the theme and the build look really basic and kinda boring.

The thing that bothers me the most is that you completly copied the tent from this tutorial:
I mean, taking inspiration is alright, but copying a tutorial isn't really the best, I think you can agree with me. I know making a tent is hard in minecraft (I tried to build some of them yesterday) but copying a tutorial isn't the solution if you were to put it on a server like Cubecraft.
The trees look like trees that you could find in a normal minecraft singleplayer world, with just a bit of more blocks at the base of them. I'd suggest you to try to make some more interesting shapes that would for sure stand out more in your map. Also, as Andy said, I'd add more trees. If I think about camping I'd immagine myself being surrounded by a lot of trees, not just one or even zero per islands
Another issue I see is the coloring of the terrain, it looks like you used //replace (ids) to color the grass, I'd suggest you to use GoPaint to make some more interesting shades or if you don't have access to it I'd suggest you to use //replace #simplex(size)(ids), which would give a nicer effect than just a normal replace.
The middle, which should be the most important islands is the most boring islands of your map, at least in my opinion.

As I said before the build looks really basic, nothing stands out. The only unique thing about this map I can see is the square islands, which I like. Also, I think the map is too big for a 2 players skywars map.
I'm sorry but for me it's a no. You could try to make it more interesting, but I don't know if I'd change my vote: the theme is just too basic and I'd like to see things more unusual. Anyways I appreaciate that you guys built a map for the server, I'd like to see other maps from you. Good luck.

Reactions: Maaarijn

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
I like the idea of cuboid islands but the theme and the build look really basic and kinda boring.

The thing that bothers me the most is that you completly copied the tent from this tutorial:
I mean, taking inspiration is alright, but copying a tutorial isn't really the best, I think you can agree with me. I know making a tent is hard in minecraft (I tried to build some of them yesterday) but copying a tutorial isn't the solution if you were to put it on a server like Cubecraft.
The trees look like trees that you could find in a normal minecraft singleplayer world, with just a bit of more blocks at the base of them. I'd suggest you to try to make some more interesting shapes that would for sure stand out more in your map. Also, as Andy said, I'd add more trees. If I think about camping I'd immagine myself being surrounded by a lot of trees, not just one or even zero per islands
Another issue I see is the coloring of the terrain, it looks like you used //replace (ids) to color the grass, I'd suggest you to use GoPaint to make some more interesting shades or if you don't have access to it I'd suggest you to use //replace #simplex(size)(ids), which would give a nicer effect than just a normal replace.
The middle, which should be the most important islands is the most boring islands of your map, at least in my opinion.

As I said before the build looks really basic, nothing stands out. The only unique thing about this map I can see is the square islands, which I like. Also, I think the map is too big for a 2 players skywars map.
I'm sorry but for me it's a no. You could try to make it more interesting, but I don't know if I'd change my vote: the theme is just too basic and I'd like to see things more unusual. Anyways I appreaciate that you guys built a map for the server, I'd like to see other maps from you. Good luck.

@Expurgation do you have an answer to this?

He is the one that built the tent and I wasn't aware of it being copied until just now, so I'm just as surprised.

D

Deleted member 466878

Oh? Basically, my friend built this tent a couple months ago on a project we were working on, I didn't know that he saw a tutorial and I thought it would be a good idea to make some on this map too 😳

Reactions: Fqnta

YeaUhm

Mar 15, 2020
Mars
Such an amazing map! I’d love to see this ingame!

Keep the good work up :D
Have a nice day!

Reactions: Axyy

marcmq

May 26, 2020
London
I as a player love the design. Lots of space, lots to explore and I think the right amount of detail. All makes for good gameplay. The server designers gave their own feed back and they are more professional than I. I think the cube design is unique and I personally love it! Brave choice as not many would go simple. I think sometimes (from a gameplay standpoint at least) map designers focus too much on aesthetics but not on gameplay. By gameplay I don't simply mean the pvp aspect but also positioning of everything. I'm not sure how much you thought of layout in this sense but I think in terms of gameplay this could be the most interesting map I would ever play. I do agree that the tree and tent could use some minor changes but otherwise I hope the map sees success.

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
To me this map its a little to square like. From the top view it doesn't look good to me but side view the bridges is what makes me like the map. Which can be fixed with terraforming. Overall I think the map is really good for pvp and the game basis. Needs some fixing for looks and fixing the islands then the map will be good. :)

1. Mid needs to be something else besides a pond.
2. The tents looks like huts
3. Make the islands look like floating islands and not floating cubes (terraforming)

I love the bridges, I have a thing for those hanging bridges!

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thunder wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Thjis wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy Bday Skate 🎉
Basketman wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday pinky! 🎉🥳
Top Bottom