Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
This thread was requested by @iSavageSardine. Hope you enjoy it :)

P.S. These are just my opinions; you're under no obligation to agree with everything that I propose. If you do disagree with something, feel free to say so (Unless you're disagreeing with the first suggestion).

Add Skyblock
We were told countless times that Skyblock would be coming back... Can somebody confirm whether or not that is still the case? I'm not expecting it soon, hell I'm not expecting it in the next six months, but at least tell us whether or not there are still plans to reintroduce it. Thanks c:

ADMIN ROLES

Admins should be reinstated to their former level of importance. Two Admins should be assigned to the gamemode to replace Jinjo90 and Saradabaechi, whose roles will include adding to and expanding upon the experiences offered upon the gamemode's release.

Such expansions from the past included:
-Drop parties
-Minigames
-Additions to spawn
-New NPC's that could be traded and interacted with
-A PvP Area
-A Combat timer
-The Nether
-The End
-Rare, otherwise inaccessible items being distributed
-A /Trade command
-Scheduled events
-Achievements <3

This means that Developer resources aren't used on the gamemode, yet new experiences will still be given on a frequent basis. It also improves player-staff relations.

No currency, and no selling items for points
If you offer people points or money for their items, they will exploit it to the maximum potential. On a server that I was playing around six months ago, I acquired $2,000,000 in a couple of days of afking, because I had invested millions into a massive automatic pig grinder with over seventy spawners. We're all aware that cacti can be farmed to a stupid extent, as can wood, melons and pumpkins. Items should not be able to be sold for any type of currency, except in trades with other players or in achievements. All it does, is devalues said currencies once a couple of high-end players are able to exploit the system. The exploitation of said system also makes the server laggier, seeing as hundreds of cacti blocks breaking simultaneously on a single island is a lot to process.

Skybucks
Skybucks were a currency referenced in a few achievements a long time ago, however were never implemented. I propose introducing them as a method of purchasing rare items from the store, or perks to be used on one's own island. The easier achievements will not offer any Skybucks, whereas the hardest of achievements may offer between ten and thirty. This means that having a few hundred Skybucks would make you wealthy, and having a few thousand would be a massive accomplishment that will probably take months of constant playing to acquire.

Novelty items
Novelty items will be a collection of cosmetic items that can be purchased for very high prices, that are intended to show off one's prestige. They'll provide a solid incentive for already wealthy players to continue playing Skyblock once the major obstacles have been overcome, and can be seen as 'collectibles', given that they're completely unobtainable outside of the shop. Below are a few Novelty items ideas:

-Bee Helmet* (250 Skybucks, 10,000 points)
-Bee Chestplate* (250 Skybucks, 10,000 points)
-Bee Platelegs* (250 Skybucks, 10,000 points)
-Bee Boots* (250 Skybucks, 10,000 points)
-Double jump** (500 Skybucks, 25,000 points)
-Cubecraft head (500 Skybucks)
-Dragon head (500 Skybucks)
-Witherboss head (500 Skybucks)
-Guardian head (500 Skybucks, your soul)
-Rubik's cube head (500 Skybucks)
-One's own head (100 Skybucks)

*Bee items will be enchanted with Unbreaking C / 100
**See Super Craft Bros

The End
Upon completing the 'Skylord' Challenge (Level 1000, all prerequisite achievements completed), you should be rewarded three End frames. This means that if all four players on an island are to complete all challenges, they will be able to craft an Enderportal, taking them to the End! Here, they'll be able to fight endermen and shulkers, mine Endstone and Purpur blocks, and have a rare chance of receiving their own Elytra, assuming they're skilled enough to plunder the ferocious End fortress. The first team of players to reach the End will even be able to kill the Enderdragon and acquire the Dragon egg, forever being heralded as the first group to complete Skyblock!

Custom crafting recipes
I love this idea, I just hate how it was previously used. We should be able to turn rare yet useless items into unique, beneficial items that offer a desired effect. For example, a diamond and a book could be used to craft a set amount of experience bottles. On the other hand, a diamond horse armour, an egg, and five golden ingots could create a horse egg. The potential with this idea is as endless as your imagination. If you like, I could create a whole thread on custom crafting recipe ideas.

More achievements
I'd be happy to create a massive list of potential achievements, assuming i cannot extract the five or so previous achievement lists I've created from the depths of the forums, if Skyblock is still planned to be released. Simply put though, the game will get boring eventually. Achievements allow you to increase one's playtime massively, by giving them something else to actually strive towards.

Chests, keys, and loot!
Custom chests should be added to the hub, to encourage the promotion of the server and to give new players a push in the right direction.

Vote key
Upon voting for the server, you will be given a key to the Vote Chest. This chest will offer novice items, such as torches and food. Alternatively, the Vote key could be renamed 'Novice key', and be distributed to all new players.

The Vote chest will be located near spawn.

Experienced key
The Experienced key will be a rare reward from all achievements, and will allow you to open the Experienced chest. This chest will offer items such as small quantities of iron and gold, the occasional diamond, or a Skybuck, as an added incentive to mass-complete achievements.

The Experienced key will be located near the spawn of the Nether.

Advanced key
By crafting the Advanced key using an Experienced key and a combination of items acquired via challenges or Nether fortresses, you will be able to open the Advanced chest. This chest will offer more advanced items, such as mooshroom eggs, slimeballs, emeralds, skybucks, and enchanted armour. It will be used primarily to add additional purpose to otherwise useless items, such as horse armour.

The Advanced key will be located on an island attached to spawn via a drawbridge.

Adept Key
The Adept key will be the only one-time key that you can obtain, and is acquired upon completing all achievements that Skyblock has to offer. It will grant you items such as Novelty gear, Skybucks, god-roll armour with enchantments that are otherwise inaccessible, and enormous amounts of minerals.

The Adept Key will be located in the spawn area of the End.

Do not fix problems; prevent them
Let's take a look at a few problems that Skyblock has experienced in the past:

Duplication glitch
/Trade was poorly tested, and led to the decomposition of the Skyblock economy. This is one of the major factors that led to the server's removal in the first place, and greatly over-saturated PvP.

Achievement exploit
If you're going to offer a valuable reward for completing an achievement... Don't make said achievement exploitable. In the second iteration of Skyblock, an achievement existed that offered ten diamond ores upon its completion. The problem, is that it had no prerequisites and could be reset by leaving and rejoining the island. Thus, Fortune pickaxes became very valuable, and diamonds and island levels became worthless overnight.

Villager despawning
Cap the number of villagers that one can have at say, sixteen, and do not despawn them. They cost a small fortune to acquire, take a very long time to set up, and can easily be killed if not appropriately housed. It's not fair for them to be despawned just because little Timmy is lagging on his grandma's Windows 98.

Spawners
Because animals were so frequently despawned, Jinjo90 introduced craftable spawners (More on custom items above). Sounds good, right? Now we don't have to complain that our cows are gone, because we can just as easily get them back!

The problem, was that you could acquire hundreds of spawners at once. Placing them all down in quick succession would generate hundreds of mobs, that would create severe lag.

Chicken eggs
Ahh, the bane of any Skyblock server... In my opinion, Chicken eggs should not be throwable, or if they are, they shouldn't be able to spawn chickens. This is because they're very easy to get. Thus in only a couple of hours, Timmy is complaining again because there are four-hundred chickens in front of him and he can no longer log in without crashing.

What went well?

Nether
Christmas came early, the day that a mysterious Nether portal appeared at spawn. Players could explore the Nether and plunder loot within the distant fortresses for very easy gold, diamonds, and even saddles! This also gave two different types of players who would otherwise be disinterested in Skyblock, a reason to continue playing: "Pkers", and "End-gamers".

Player killers, or people who enjoy PvP, would be able to kill other players in the Nether to acquire both everything that they had on them when they entered the Nether, and everything that they had acquired during their time in the nether.

End-gamers, or people who have done everything already, would be able to hunt Wither Skeletons to create a Wither. Thus, beacons became a heavily desired item, and a symbol of true accomplishment. Cubecraft Games is the only server that I have seen use an open-world Nether as opposed to just a second, more dangerous island, and man was it fun.

PvP Arena
My only criticism with the PvP Arena was that you could be banned for Combat Logging, since evidence was often ambiguous and there was no definitive definition as to what "Combat Logging" was. Otherwise, the PvP Arena was a fantastic addition that added value to those old armour sets that you no longer used, and was an alternative method of acquiring wealth. It had high-points for sniping and even a full-blown castle; enderpearls finally had a use; potions were worth brewing; it had parkour; and achievements could've been added that incorporated the PvP Arena into its completion requirements.

Drop parties and scheduled Events
Drop parties and minigames, and the potential rewards from attending said events, were often publicised on the forums a week or so in advance. This brought new users to the forums, and ensured that players would be logging in at least once a week to get their hands on some valuable items. There was even an auction held on the forums at one point (Which I won, get rekd), that had multiple people competing for a very desirable item; a pig spawner.

Soph, Dani, Malcolm, Sean, and Saradabaechi
These people made Skyblock fun... :)

Hope you liked this idiot's suggestions c;

(Will add to this thread if I get new ideas).

Last edited:

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Skyblock would be cool to be added on CC. All though I dont really undertand all of the things your saying, but it seems interesting :)

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
PvP Arena
My only criticism with the PvP Arena was that you could be banned for Combat Logging, since evidence was often ambiguous and there was no definitive definition as to what "Combat Logging" was. Otherwise, the PvP Arena was a fantastic addition that added value to those old armour sets that you no longer used, and was an alternative method of acquiring wealth. It had high-points for sniping and even a full-blown castle; enderpearls finally had a use; potions were worth brewing; it had parkour; and achievements could've been added that incorporated the PvP Arena into its completion requirements.
A ban is way to harsh for combat log, escpecially if the player crashes or the server kicks them for whatever reason an easy fix is instead of a ban the player drops all their items like most servers do, and combat log does have a definition, its logging out in the middle of combat to make an easy escape
Chicken eggs
Ahh, the bane of any Skyblock server... In my opinion, Chicken eggs should not be throwable, or if they are, they shouldn't be able to spawn chickens. This is because they're very easy to get. Thus in only a couple of hours, Timmy is complaining again because there are four-hundred chickens in front of him and he can no longer log in without crashing.
*cough* captainsparklez trollcraft episode *cough*
Chests, keys, and loot!
Custom chests should be added to the spawn, to encourage the promotion of the server and to give new players a push in the right direction.

Vote key
By voting for the server, you will be given a key to the Vote Chest. This chest will offer novice items, such as torches and food.

Experienced key
The Experienced key will be a rare reward from all achievements, and will allow you to open the Experienced chest. This chest will offer items such as small quantities of iron and gold, the occasional diamond, or a Skybuck.

Advanced key
By crafting the Advanced key using Iron blocks and a Wither head, you will be able to open the Advanced chest. This chest will offer more advanced items, such as mooshroom eggs, slimeballs, emeralds, skybucks, and enchanted armour.

Adept Key
The Adept key will be the only one-time key that you can obtain, and is acquired upon completing all achievements that Skyblock has to offer. It will grant you items such as Novelty gear, Skybucks, god-roll armour with enchantments that are otherwise inaccessible, and enormous amounts of minerals.
unless you can find a unique way to do this, id have to say no for two reasons

1. Every server and its owner does this practically, cubecraft stands out because its one of the few that dont do crate keys, unique rewards are hard to do as well because everythings pretty much been done from store coupons down to kits

2. Once this gets implemented for skyblock youll have to do it with every other game because everyone will want crate key rewards for their favorite games

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
nd combat log does have a definition, its logging out in the middle of combat to make an easy escape
But how do you know they were actually in combat to begin with? That's why I hate combat-logging rules - What if you were just running towards somebody who then teleports? :/

1. Every server and its owner does this practically, cubecraft stands out because its one of the few that dont do crate keys
By that logic, Cubecraft also stands out by not having a /party command. It's so overused, because it's a fun and practical way of distributing items to new players, though also because it's a common micro-transaction system. CCG will obviously not use it for the latter purpose.

2. Once this gets implemented for skyblock youll have to do it with every other game because everyone will want crate key rewards for their favorite games
Cubelets :)

Edited a few parts of the crate section.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
But how do you know they were actually in combat to begin with? That's why I hate combat-logging rules - What if you were just running towards somebody who then teleports? :/
Thats easy, combat log is activated when you take damage of any kind anything from falling to getting punched, to attack by mobs, after a specific period of time of not getting hit say 15 seconds of not taking damage you can log out safely, if you log out for any reason while combat log is active youll drop your items

No cublets give nothing of use im talking like for instance a 1 time use kit token in eggwars, or maybe boosters in xp for games other than skywars

I

iDontPlayMinecraft.exe

Ok Snap I'm loving all these things, but one small thing they can add are Iron, Gold and Coal mines, so that you don't have to buy ores from the shop. Also I would like Cubecraft to have a shop, but the shop will have extremely nerfed prices to prevent people from getting extremely rich quickly, the most expensive item to sell in the shop will peak at 500, no bigger. I may edit this later, If I can come up with some other ideas. Overall great thread +1

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
Good thread! Took a while to read, but I agree with most of the points. I really like the idea of bringing back sky block and if they do then I hope they add many of the ideas from this thread. If so, I'd be one of the first to play it

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
So after 10 minutes I'm finally done with reading this.
I do like this idea. It's kind off unique.
I've never seen such a Skyblock before and I do agree that Admin should have more interactions with the community when it comes to such gamemodes.
But that is also probably going to be difficult since Cubecraft will likely implement multiple individual servers for Skyblock.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Skyblock would be interesting.
Cool addition if you ask me.

But i never get farther than chopping down the tree imo

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
But that is also probably going to be difficult since Cubecraft will likely implement multiple individual servers for Skyblock.
Great! Maybe we can have two separate servers - one with McMMO, and one without =^-^=

McMMO is another great way to increase one's playtime, since each skill can be leveled up to I believe 2,500.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Snap, you're one of the few people I admire. You make excellent suggestions with a lot of details!

As for the thread, I do agree with most of it. I myself love Skyblock but I get bored after a while since it gets repetitive and have nothing to do.
I like almost all what you have stated but I will explain why I dislike some of the things you suggested.

No currency, and no selling items for points
So I have 2 opinions with this :
With Currency : It gives actual value to your items, and you can get rid of what you don't need for a price.
OR
Bank/Storage : This would make CC even uniquer specifically with S.B . A bank/storage will allow you to store some times in many chests that are not actually there. You can store as much items as you want BUT you have to pay a price for storing your items. The price is with actual items like Iron, Gold, Diamonds, Emeralds... Depending on how much you store in the 'bank' and what types of items determine the price. You have to pay a constant fee for every so often or they might take the items you store and use them as the fee.
Why have this bank? You might not have much space on your island you want to use as storage so you use the bank.

Drop parties and scheduled Events
Not my favorite thing to have since it would be unfair for other players around the world.
Say they have an event at 12 pm GMT, a CC player in X country really wants to participate but the only problem is this event takes place when the player cannot turn on CC (e.g at school, work..) so the player gets really upset about the fact the player cannot participate.
If you were planning on adding this make it so players can obtain these items using the crates BUT to make the item rare make them limited e.g only 20 pieces and you have a low chance of getting it using the crate so it is fair. You can only participate in the "lottery (a.k.a digital drop party) once". After the time runs up they randomly select players who participated in the 'lottery'.
As for events they must be friendly to all CC players world wide. So the event might have to be a long one for a chance so others can participate.

The rest of your suggestion I agree with or am neutral with.

Villager despawning
Cap the number of villagers that one can have at say, sixteen, and do not despawn them. They cost a small fortune to acquire, take a very long time to set up, and can easily be killed if not appropriately housed. It's not fair for them to be despawned just because little Timmy is lagging on his grandma's Windows 98.

Spawners
Because animals were so frequently despawned, Jinjo90 introduced craftable spawners (More on custom items above). Sounds good, right? Now we don't have to complain that our cows are gone, because we can just as easily get them back!

The problem, was that you could acquire hundreds of spawners at once. Placing them all down in quick succession would generate hundreds of mobs, that would create severe lag.
I think I have a possible fix for this issue.
Frequently CC will "Backup" your island while teleporting you to spawn while it is backing up. The backup will save up data about all the current mobs in your island with all the specific details, e.g "Villager type : Cleric, Trades : 26 Rotten flesh -> 1 emerald......" then after you're done and log off all your mobs despawn and when you relog they respawn with all the same details so it can prevent lag.
Or have it so the player must /is backup their island before logging off to save all the mobs data.

Iggleboz

Aug 30, 2016
Neutral Bay
www.youtube.com
Also I hate when most skyblock servers generate ores out of cobble. It makes it feel artificial and I want pure skyblock survival with a few other twists.
I think the currency system is a bad idea also, selling is way too overpowered and buying stuff that you couldn't otherwise get, well what would be a logical way to get money if you can't sell. Voting? Maybe but CubeCraft's voting isn't too rewarding right now and I'm getting the impression that that is intentional. I want pure skyblock survival with stuff like /lobby and other essentials in there as well.

Reactions: Sophie

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Also I hate when most skyblock servers generate ores out of cobble. It makes it feel artificial and I want pure skyblock survival with a few other twists.
Agreed. I don't mind the concept itself, but because it's so easy to make a 100% afk cobblestone generator, ores become far too common when they're supposed to be very rare and desirable.

I think the currency system is a bad idea also, selling is way too overpowered and buying stuff that you couldn't otherwise get,
Another thing that worries me about selling is duplication glitches. No matter the obscurity of the item, if somebody can both duplicate and sell it, the system can be exploited.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Also I hate when most skyblock servers generate ores out of cobble.
Agreed. I don't mind the concept itself, but because it's so easy to make a 100% afk cobblestone generator, ores become far too common when they're supposed to be very rare and desirable.
So you're suggesting that the server adds mines to get ores & stone from?
If so the one thing I would suggest along side it would be /rankup and you must be a specific rank to enter the mines (Not the store ranks btw).
Possibly have the mines open to PvP to make it more dangerous.

iFantazy

Novice Member
Mar 22, 2017
SkyWars
Sorry but I just couldn't read all of that. Good idea though, make SkyBlock great again, if it ever was.

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
I really like this idea. Skyblock is one of my favorite gamemodes. I don't really have any complaints in your thread but what I enjoy most is there being no shop for selling items. Skyblock is just too easy when there is a currency. I have tried playing on the "black diamond" island setting on some servers and still, there was no challenge to be found.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
So you're suggesting that the server adds mines to get ores & stone from?
They should be obtainable via the Nether (PvP), achievements, and /shop, assuming that the shop is as it was in 2014. I believe a single diamond used to cost 200 points, which seems reasonable enough I suppose. However since there hasn't been any major point sink recently, the price may need to be increased slightly.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
Top Bottom