• Total voters

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Yup!
The title is the subject, so let's get on with it:
It's nice and all, getting rewards when playing minigames, but sometimes it's a little stale, don't you think?
No matter what you do, you're getting the same exact amount of points and experience. I'll be suggesting 2 different ways to increase the rewards that are distributed when you win the game.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Party bonus
So, we all know that parties are great and all, right? Well, it's about to get even better!
Why should we keep the rewards when winning a game with a party limited, when we can give people a bonus?!
The system can be quite simple, really: For every player that's in the party, the total points earned that game by every single player will be summed & then the average will be calculated (if there's decimals, it automatically rounds it up to the next number). After the average is calculated, an extra 10% is added per player that is in the party, capping at 30% (to keep it EULA-friendly).
This system only applies to the party members that are in the winning team, so being in different teams won't give everyone rewards!
Example:
Player A gets 24 points + the win ( 50 points )
Player B gets 30 points + the win ( 50 points )
Player C gets 16 points + the win ( 50 points )
All of these players are in a party, and they earned a total of 220 points.
220 / 3 = 73.3 points -> 74 points
Every player would get 74 points, and then an additional 30% since they're in a party.
1.3 x 74 = 96.2 points -> 97 points
So instead of the player that performed the best getting 80 points, he'd earn 97 points along with his friends!
The average must be calculated before adding the 30%, so it doesn't end up being lower than they would've earned.
This feature does NOT apply to solo games, and points will NOT be counted if one of the players has died.

The way the bonus is done is subject to change, but the base is there.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

No kit bonus
So just like the party bonus, there's a kit bonus.
What is the kit bonus?
Simple! It's a bonus that you get for winning without a kit!
If you play the game without selecting a kit, you'd get a solid 20% bonus points! (subject to change)
Playing with specific kits can give you a bonus as well; percentage varies on kit
Example:
Solo skywars win with Bomber = 10% bonus
Solo skywars win with Swordsman = 5% bonus
In combination with the party bonus, it'd be calculated as followed:

Total points earned + Party % bonus + No kit % bonus.

In numbers, it'd be as follows:
Player B earned 80 points, and is in a party of 3.
The party reward was 97 points in tota;..
The kit bonus would be calculated like 0.2(20%) x 80 (total earned points without bonus) = 16 points.
97 + 16 = 113 points.

Before you guys tell me that there can just as well be more rewards for the NKAA(no kits and abilities) mode:
With kits and abilities in Skywars, it'd be harder to fight someone if they used a kit & you didn't. In NKAA mode you all have the same chance before the game starts, not taking chest RNG into account. It's more challenging to win a game with kits and abilities without having a kit yourself, than it is to win a game of NKAA where nobody has kits.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An alternative way to do this, is to just add the percentages up & completely scratch the idea of taking the average reward. It'd work just as well, but it means that not everyone would be getting equal the reward.

Why am I suggesting this?
I think this would make a great addition, as:
This would push players to play in parties & challenge themselves by playing without their favorite kit.
I doubt many players are going to take advantage of it, but it'd be a neat feature to have & I don't think other servers made use of this combination yet. The only issue I can think of is the annoying amount of maths that the server has to do to calculate this, which may be anoying to code. I doubt it'll be anything more than tedious to implement, though.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I'm just not really a big fan of rewarding players for playing with their friends, I mean like it's nice and all but they probably already have an advantage by playing together with people they know, don't think they should get more rewards from it. I like the kit and no kit bonuses, it might motivate some players to use different kits.

Reactions: Gainfullterror

BlueQuakeAdmin_

Apr 17, 2016
Earth
I'm just not really a big fan of rewarding players for playing with their friends, I mean like it's nice and all but they probably already have an advantage by playing together with people they know, don't think they should get more rewards from it. I like the kit and no kit bonuses, it might motivate some players to use different kits.
Yeh. I also agree

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Amazinq wrote on CrystalLegend01's profile.
Hbd
Desiderata wrote on CrystalLegend01's profile.
happy birthday legend
Kazwa wrote on CrystalLegend01's profile.
happy birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Frontlane's profile.
That is a cool pfp!:D
Kazwa wrote on privqted's profile.
happy birthdayy
Top Bottom