• No, not needed !

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
Hello everybody !
I’m suggesting to let people have “images” in their signature.

Now, people are often just typing everything they want in their signature e.g.
IGN: josher17
Level: 56

But wouldn’t it be cool if there is this option that allows members to upload images (only with the length of a normal signature!! <— I thought this is 4000px)

1B7E968B-035B-44D6-A23D-A6DFF9867E8A.jpeg

I have to agree that if you let us just use ANY photo in our signature, it will become a huge mess but this ‘signature button’ would only allow images with the exact same length of a real signature. (So no scrolling down :) )
People can only have 1 at a time.

I don’t think people will make inappropriate signature images because:
let’s be honest, how many inappropriate profile pictures have you seen already... 0? 1? 2?

Here’s an easy example of how such a signature image looks like:

8BC936BA-CCEE-47D4-BFDE-41D27E82AEC7.jpeg

I would love to see this signature feature on the forums!
Let me know what you think about it AND don’t forget to vote in the poll :D )
Thank you !!

Last edited:

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hello everybody !
I’m suggesting to let people have “photos” in their signature.

Now are people just typing everything they want in their signature e.g.

But shouldn’t it be cool if there is this option that lets you upload pictures (only with the length of a normal signature!! <— I thought this is 4000px)

View attachment 141792

I have to agree that if you let us just use ANY photo in our signature, it will become a huge mess but this ‘signature button’ will only aloud an image whit the length of a real signature. (So no scrolling down :) )
People can only have 1 at a time.

I don’t think people will make inappropriate signature images because:
be honest, how many inappropriate profile pictures did you see already ? 0? 1? 2?
Because that’s banable too!

View attachment 141793

I would love to see this signature future on the forums!
Thank you !!
I dont know. Seems kind of like you’re putting you account info into your forums account. Sounds like something with ranks on the forums which might get out of hand. How would they confirm your identity?

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
I dont know. Seems kind of like you’re putting you account info into your forums account. Sounds like something with ranks on the forums which might get out of hand. How would they confirm your identity?
They can’t but a lot of players now are just typing it in their signature, I thought it would be cool if you could make something more special!!!

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
How would they confirm your identity?
Same way you do with the report site. When you enter a username, you get a code through the server that you enter.

Instead of this suggestion, they should just add a feature to link your account to the forums. That's basically everything you want, your face, level, and rank.

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
I don't agree, although this would be fun, players would put pictures with the size of 1000x4000. (Example)
Way too big.
They should make a limit: something like 500x800.
Yes, if they’re really planning to add this, they should definitely choose a limit !!
But btw my example was one of 1000x4000 (it isn’t that big, is it?)

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
The reason to why people write their signatures in their post is simple: They probably don't know that signatures are called signatures under your account info.
Adding images to signatures seems great and all, but it'd lag out for those with a somewhat slow internet and it'd take a lot of space on the posts as well. I especially don't want 1000x4000 images due to the loading lag.

Reactions: Josher
D

Deleted member 169486

In the past they could do that, I believe @Younisco still has one, however when I asked they said the ability was removed because people would upload massive files and they were to big. I believe for a photo to fit in it would need to be pretty small.

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
people would upload massive files and they were to big. I believe for a photo to fit in it would need to be pretty small.
Indeed, that’s why there should be 1 exact photo length and heigth (the ‘signature dimensions’)
and you could only upload images with that exact size in your signature!

D

Deleted member 169486

Indeed, that’s why there should be 1 exact photo length and heigth (the ‘signature dimensions’)
and you could only upload images with that exact size in your signature!
I'm sorry I didn't make that clear, for the current signature it's can't be longer then a few lines. When it comes to photos, they should need to be extremely small. I've seen forums where they allow large pictures, and it just makes posts look bad.

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
I'm sorry I didn't make that clear, for the current signature it's can't be longer then a few lines. When it comes to photos, they should need to be extremely small. I've seen forums where they allow large pictures, and it just makes posts look bad.
You like the size of @Younisco s signature image?
It is 800x160, I think if they really want to add this future, they should +/- set this as the ‘signature dimensions’

D

Deleted member 169486

You like the size of @Younisco s signature image?
It is 800x160, I think if they really want to add this future, they should +/- set this as the ‘signature dimensions’
His is alright, but I think if everyone had a signature that size it would just be a mess.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
They can’t but a lot of players now are just typing it in their signature, I thought it would be cool if you could make something more special!!!
I think this forums doesn’t really need this.

Same way you do with the report site. When you enter a username, you get a code through the server that you enter.

Instead of this suggestion, they should just add a feature to link your account to the forums. That's basically everything you want, your face, level, and rank.
Got it! Thanks!

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Escalated
Hello everybody !
I’m suggesting to let people have “photos” in their signature.

Now are people just typing everything they want in their signature e.g.

[···]

View attachment 141793

I would love to see this signature future on the forums!
Thank you !!
Nice suggestion!
I love the idea of having a badge like that that can go in the signature, that could eventually update itself too.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Escalated

Nice suggestion!
I love the idea of having a badge like that that can go in the signature, that could eventually update itself too.
I thought it was already suggested and people said no because others could pretent to be someone who they aren’t. I’m confused...

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I thought it was already suggested and people said no because others could pretent to be someone who they aren’t. I’m confused...
I like this sugggestion because I have seen potential elements to it that I think would be nice to have on the website, as far as I know, this hasn't been suggested before like this.
Josher clearly stated that this wasn't a "put images in signature" suggestion as we have already seen lots of those.
...if you let us just use ANY photo in our signature, it will become a huge mess
I don't see how you can impersonate someone else just by the signature, you can already copy signatures anyways.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
I like this sugggestion because I have seen potential elements to it that I think would be nice to have on the website, as far as I know, this hasn't been suggested before like this.
Josher clearly stated that this wasn't a "put images in signature" suggestion as we have already seen lots of those.
Ah ok. See, I thought it was one of those “connect your rank to the forums” again.

lilalife

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2017
I’d love to have such a cool signature banner !!!
I hope this gets added !! :D

But I have to agree with @RemiO05 : 1000x4000 is a bit big :/

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom