Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be implemented?

• Total voters

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Hello everyone, firstly I would like to make a disclaimer: This is only a crazy idea that I had which I thought was pretty interesting and wanted to know some opinions about it.

As most of you know, MinerWare was once a featured game but because of its popularity it was returned as permanent. Nowadays MinerWare is the least popular gamemode out of all the permanent ones, sometimes even getting less players than parkour. I have noticed that a few Featured Games have a very similar player count to Minerware's the difference is only about 10-20 players most of the time.

With this in mind, is it fair to have MinerWare be permanent and the rest not? Well the way I see it, no. The featured games I'm talking about are Survival Games, Slime Survival, and BlockWars. What I would like to see is a secondary featuring system (which would realistically become the main one) which is limited to the featuring of:
  • MinerWare
  • BlockWars CTF
  • BlockWars Core
  • Solo Survival Games
  • Team Survival Games
  • Slime Survival
Now, if any of you have any objections as to the gamemodes I consider should be part of this featuring system, please let me know! (I think it's necessary to mention BlockWars, SG and Slime Survival would be removed from the other featuring system)

What's the reason for this? Well, the less games there are to feature, the more frequent will each gamemode be featured.

Management's reasons to keep MinerWare as a permanent game is because they want to keep a reasonable ratio amongst PvP and Non-PvP games. But in the case this were to be a thing, all of the remaining featured games would be Non-PvP Games (except for Infection and archer assault if it's even considered PvP?). So the balance wouldn't be affected in any way.

Thanks for reading! Any feedback is appreciated. I kinda hope this is an idea we can collectively build upon, or straight up reject. But please give your reasons! :p

Reactions: PerryJ
D

Deleted member 492126

I think there should be 3 new NPC's in the lobby
- Mixed Arcade: Paintball, Slime Survival, Layer Spleef, Quake Craft, etc. There's only one of these games available at a time
- Featured games: popular games, MinerWare, Team/Solo Survival Games and BlockWars CTF. Rotation time: once every 5-7 days (because it's only 3 games)
- Featured games: other games, basically everything else, Archer Assault, Infection, Battle Zone, etc. Rotation time: once every 1 or 2 days. Other old games could be added as well (Bingo, etc.)

Idk just an idea I came up with while at class lol

Reactions: DrPickle

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I think there should be 3 new NPC's in the lobby
- Mixed Arcade: Paintball, Slime Survival, Layer Spleef, Quake Craft, etc. There's only one of these games available at a time
- Featured games: popular games, MinerWare, Team/Solo Survival Games and BlockWars CTF. Rotation time: once every 5-7 days (because it's only 3 games)
- Featured games: other games, basically everything else, Archer Assault, Infection, Battle Zone, etc. Rotation time: once every 1 or 2 days. Other old games could be added as well (Bingo, etc.)

Idk just an idea I came up with while at class lol
I think three separate NPC’s is too excessive. Having two is already a stretch. I think there’s not enough players to have two new NPC’s available

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
This idea is not new as I've seen a couple of threads about this idea. A thread even got escalated https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/2-rotation-system.215999/ Of course that thread is a little different, but at the end It's kinda the same idea. Anyways I would like to see 2 seperated modes. I think Cubecraft has grown enough to split the Featured Game system. And if this doesn't work you can always rollback to the old method. At least test this idea. Don't be affraid. At the moment I don't see any problems.

Reactions: RickDeKlomp and Eli

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Why.. exactly.. are y'all trying to get a permanent game to be featured again? So like, what, Blockwars can be permanent or something? Smh

Anyway, besides the Mineware part, and perhaps the games you choose, I do like the idea of a second featured games NPC. It gives players more of a chance to play their favorite game rather then having to wait, probably, a month. This might also make the server more active, because people will come online more often because they know their favorite game has a bigger chance of being featured.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Why.. exactly.. are y'all trying to get a permanent game to be featured again? So like, what, Blockwars can be permanent or something? Smh

Anyway, besides the Mineware part, and perhaps the games you choose, I do like the idea of a second featured games NPC. It gives players more of a chance to play their favorite game rather then having to wait, probably, a month. This might also make the server more active, because people will come online more often because they know their favorite game has a bigger chance of being featured.
When did I say BlockWars would become permanent because of this? Read before you reply. Not every suggestion I make about featured games is about making BlockWars permanent. Stop already.

The whole idea can only realistically be factible if we return Minerware to the featuring pool. It’s not that much significantly popular to some of the featured games. And perhaps it would also help it, it seems like making permanent games featured games made them lively once again. Minerware is slowly declining in players, I don’t know if you have realized. And it’s the perfect chance to save it.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I think the reason for making Minerware permanent was because it was a good "side game" that players don't play as their main game but as a more relaxed game to play after lots of Sky / Eggwars. It's not just because it was non-PvP. It adds to the server even though people mostly only play one or two games at a time and then go or go back to their main game.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
When did I say BlockWars would become permanent because of this? Read before you reply. Not every suggestion I make about featured games is about making BlockWars permanent. Stop already.
I was literally just making a joke.. I didn't even know if you made a BW perm thread until I searched it.. Turns out, you did indeed make a thread about making it a perm game..

The whole idea can only realistically be factible if we return Minerware to the featuring pool. It’s not that much significantly popular to some of the featured games. And perhaps it would also help it, it seems like making permanent games featured games made them lively once again. Minerware is slowly declining in players, I don’t know if you have realized. And it’s the perfect chance to save it.
You literally made a suggestion about making Mineware a perm game..
upload_2019-10-25_15-57-4.png
But now you turn 180 and you're like ''Nah, let's make it back into a featured game.''
It has less players then before, sure. I'll believe that. Battle Zone had a lot of players when it got released, it didn't have that many players later on.
But now it's being featured and had a a lot of players, but I doubt that'll stay. Eventually people will get tired of it. Turning Mineware into a featured game will just make it a Bingo / Battle Zone 2.0 where people make suggestions 24/7 asking for it to be a perm game.
No, it's far from being the most popular game, in fact, some featured game are probably more popular. But you said that ''the less games there are to feature, the more frequent will each gamemode be featured.''. If Mineware gets turned into a featured game, then there needs to be something to replace the NPC with.. Did you think that'll be the new NPC spot? Or parkour will be replaced with Mineware and the Parkour spot will become the featured game spot? Making it even less perm games.. or did you think another game will be turned into a perm game? Battle Zone? Blockwars CTF? Quite popular games. Because then you turn a game that's known for not having much fighting, into a fighting game..
Giving people who enjoy non-fighting games even less games.. Then they have to play tower defence, parkour or hope that there's a non-fighting featured game..
If you throw another perm game, it'll die out, just like Mineware, in only a matter of time.. Because there's a reason these games didn't make it as perm games.. there's a reason they're being featured.. If they were popular, they'd have been turned into a featured game.

Look, I'm not against the idea of turning Mineware into a featured game per se, but a new game should take it's place.. Not a Featured Game NPC, a perm game. Not Battle Zone or Blockwars, fighting games, a game that involves either no fighting, like Tower Defence, barely any fighting, like Mineware, or an Arcade game, like Quakecraft. I'm not saying, replace it with Quakecraft, but I do think it should be an arcade game since there isn't a perm arcade game. It can Layer Spleef, Quakecraft, Slime Survival for all I care. I'm not just saying add a game that I like, no. I really dislike Slime Survival, but if they'd replace Mineware with Slime Survival I'd be less mad then if they'd do it with a game like Battle Zone or Blockwars.
I'm going to sound very biased here, I'm not saying I'm not.. but.. they can also give old games a chance. Games like Super Craft Bros, Hour Glass or, yes, Parkour Minigame. They're games that, in my opinion, are quite original. It's like like Skywars or Eggwars/Bedwars/Cakewars, they're games that are extremely fun to play, but you never see them anywhere.

Regardless of which game you replace it with however, it'll only take a couple weeks before the hype dies down. Even with Blockwars, even with Battle Zone. Doesn't matter how much you love the game. I am aware that SCB, HG and PM will eventually become less active. I'm not saying it's going to die or it's going to be impossible to play due to the small amount of players, but it might have 100+ players when it gets released, and then slowly turn into 30..
But that's the same with BW and BZ.. They might have 200+ players, but eventually it'll just like MW, become around 70. Maybe it'll take less long with BW and BZ, but it'll happen. Because, as I said, there's a reason these games got removed.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
But now you turn 180 and you're like ''Nah, let's make it back into a featured game.''
It's not exactly a 180 when it was nearly exactly a year ago. I wouldn't criticize him for changing his opinion and seeing the other side of the story instead of just staying in a bubble for the rest of humanity.

Reactions: Eli

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I was literally just making a joke.. I didn't even know if you made a BW perm thread until I searched it.. Turns out, you did indeed make a thread about making it a perm game..

You literally made a suggestion about making Mineware a perm game..
View attachment 156740..
It has less players then before, sure. I'll believe that. Battle Zone had a lot of players when it got released, it didn't have that many players later on.
But now it's being featured and had a a lot of players, but I doubt that'll stay. Eventually people will get tired of it. Turning Mineware into a featured game will just make it a Bingo / Battle Zone 2.0 where people make suggestions 24/7 asking for it to be a perm game.
No, it's far from being the most popular game, in fact, some featured game are probably more popular. But you said that ''the less games there are to feature, the more frequent will each gamemode be featured.''. If Mineware gets turned into a featured game, then there needs to be something to replace the NPC with.. Did you think that'll be the new NPC spot? Or parkour will be replaced with Mineware and the Parkour spot will become the featured game spot? Making it even less perm games.. or did you think another game will be turned into a perm game? Battle Zone? Blockwars CTF? Quite popular games. Because then you turn a game that's known for not having much fighting, into a fighting game..
Giving people who enjoy non-fighting games even less games.. Then they have to play tower defence, parkour or hope that there's a non-fighting featured game..
If you throw another perm game, it'll die out, just like Mineware, in only a matter of time.. Because there's a reason these games didn't make it as perm games.. there's a reason they're being featured.. If they were popular, they'd have been turned into a featured game.

Look, I'm not against the idea of turning Mineware into a featured game per se, but a new game should take it's place.. Not a Featured Game NPC, a perm game. Not Battle Zone or Blockwars, fighting games, a game that involves either no fighting, like Tower Defence, barely any fighting, like Mineware, or an Arcade game, like Quakecraft. I'm not saying, replace it with Quakecraft, but I do think it should be an arcade game since there isn't a perm arcade game. It can Layer Spleef, Quakecraft, Slime Survival for all I care. I'm not just saying add a game that I like, no. I really dislike Slime Survival, but if they'd replace Mineware with Slime Survival I'd be less mad then if they'd do it with a game like Battle Zone or Blockwars.
I'm going to sound very biased here, I'm not saying I'm not.. but.. they can also give old games a chance. Games like Super Craft Bros, Hour Glass or, yes, Parkour Minigame. They're games that, in my opinion, are quite original. It's like like Skywars or Eggwars/Bedwars/Cakewars, they're games that are extremely fun to play, but you never see them anywhere.

Regardless of which game you replace it with however, it'll only take a couple weeks before the hype dies down. Even with Blockwars, even with Battle Zone. Doesn't matter how much you love the game. I am aware that SCB, HG and PM will eventually become less active. I'm not saying it's going to die or it's going to be impossible to play due to the small amount of players, but it might have 100+ players when it gets released, and then slowly turn into 30..
But that's the same with BW and BZ.. They might have 200+ players, but eventually it'll just like MW, become around 70. Maybe it'll take less long with BW and BZ, but it'll happen. Because, as I said, there's a reason these games got removed.
Eurm
lDbeyFv.png

Regardless, IF I had made such a thread, what's so problematic in changing my opinion? Can I not? Do you realize the Big Change was more than a year ago by now? I don't think getting suggestions about returning MinerWare as a permanent is a reason not to do it. I am fully aware this decision would cause a lot of commotion but equally a lot of excitement and gratitude from SG, BW and Slime Survival fans.

I don't know if you understand what I meant, there would be two featured game NPC's. One with Minerware, SG, etc. And the other one with the rest of the games. I was thinking that perhaps they could have a fancy name. So you can differentiate them both. (Or you can just name one featuring NPC "Arcade Games" and the other NPC just plain featured games. But I'm unsure, perhaps it's not the best way to go about it.

Because then you turn a game that's known for not having much fighting, into a fighting game..
Why would MinerWare become a fighting game? I don't understand what you mean.

About giving less non-pvp games to people, I specifically talked about it on the thread. The remaining featuring games are all non-pvp except for infection and archer assault. Although it does mean there will be about 6-8 days a month where there will be one less non-PvP game available I honestly don't think it's such a long period of time.

I don't think there's a necessity to replace Minerware with another Permanent game. Think of it this way, featured game NPC's are even more valuable than permanent game NPC's because they store so many different games in them. The reason why I made this suggestion was because I considered Minerware's popularity is similar to many of the featured games' and perhaps it's only fair to consider it as an equal. It's a nerf for MinerWare fans but a buff for SG, BW and Slime Survival fans. Which are much more abundant.

Once again I don't understand why you're talking about reasons not to make BZ or BW permanent games. Never did I say on this thread I wanted these games to be permanent games. I am very well aware of the fact that the featuring system is the main and I would say only reason why these games get a considerable amount of players.

Thanks for your comments though, at the end that's what I wanted. Some criticism to build upon my ideas.

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
I agrre with everything except making minerware featured again. The game has player counts similar to some featured games, but the featured games aren't available all the time, so the player count is kind of inflated, because if other games became permanent they would have high player counts early on, but people would get tired and stop playing, and making the player counts go lower to the ones minerware has.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I thought I was stupid.. for thinking you were Ruisdier.. but I swear.. after reading this.. no.. just no.. Your logic is unbelievably stupid. It's just insane. Let's just make another essay explaining the exact same things I did before.

Do you realize the Big Change was more than a year ago by now?
You make it sound like it was a year and 7 months or something. It's just a year and a month. But whatever, that's besides the point.

I don't think getting suggestions about returning MinerWare as a permanent is a reason not to do it.
No, it's indeed not a reason to remove Mineware as a permanent game, but it's certainly a part of the bigger reason.

I am fully aware this decision would cause a lot of commotion but equally a lot of excitement and gratitude from SG, BW and Slime Survival fans.
This is already where your logic begins. Why does removing Mineware as a permanent game give BW, SG and SS fans a lot of excitement? Because.. they are able to play their favorite game more often? That doesn't make any sense, but I'll come back to that later because I can't be bothered to explain that every single time you say something with this same 'logic'. *

I don't know if you understand what I meant, there would be two featured game NPC's.
It's literally the title of the thread, it's in your thread, my first reply was involved me saying that I thought it was a good idea to add two featured game NPC's, I think I even mentioned it in my second comment.. Do you actually think I don't understand that this entire thread is about adding two featured games? I also don't think you understand what I mean..

I was thinking that perhaps they could have a fancy name. So you can differentiate them both. (Or you can just name one featuring NPC "Arcade Games" and the other NPC just plain featured games.
Then you need to change the list of Featured Games you wanted to be in the ''popular'' Featured Game NPC. Because games like Infection and Archer Assault: aren't featured games. However, Slime Survival? Is a featured game, but you want it to be in the popular Featured Game NPC rather then Arcade? But this is also kind of besides the point.

Why would MinerWare become a fighting game? I don't understand what you mean.
Where did you think I asked for Mineware to be robbed from it's non-fighting games? I never said that.. I was talking about replacing Mineware with another permanent game. Meaning that if you replace Mineware with a game like Blockwars or Battle Zone, you'd replace a game with only a small amount of fighting, to a game that's focused on fighting. That's why I kept saying I don't want Blockwars, Battle Zone or Survival Games to become Mineware's replacement.

About giving less non-pvp games to people, I specifically talked about it on the thread. The remaining featuring games are all non-pvp except for infection and archer assault. Although it does mean there will be about 6-8 days a month where there will be one less non-PvP game available I honestly don't think it's such a long period of time.
Same as above, will come back to this. *

I don't think there's a necessity to replace Minerware with another Permanent game.
It is.. since ''more then a year ago'' people have been making suggestions like ''Make x a permanent game'' removing a permanent game, just.. no.. Besides, removing a game will possibly make players leave.

The reason why I made this suggestion was because I considered Minerware's popularity is similar to many of the featured games' and perhaps it's only fair to consider it as an equal.
Which is why I said that I don't might it being changed into Quakecraft, Slime Survival, Layer Spleef: quite popular Arcade games. Perhaps they can even give Parkour Minigame, Super Craft Bros or Hour Glass another chance.

It's a nerf for MinerWare fans but a buff for SG, BW and Slime Survival fans. Which are much more abundant.
Will come back to this *

Once again I don't understand why you're talking about reasons not to make BZ or BW permanent games. Never did I say on this thread I wanted these games to be permanent games. I am very well aware of the fact that the featuring system is the main and I would say only reason why these games get a considerable amount of players.
I gave reason because I'm strongly against removing a permanent game but I'm also strongly against changing that, almost non-fighting game, into a full fighting game, games like, you guessed it, BZ and BW.

Now for the last part: *
Unless there is set in stone that this is the amount of games they can have on the servers, there is no, and I mean no reason to delete a game to put a featured game. If they somewhere said this is the max amount of games they can have, I take back what I said about your logic being stupid. But:
Who knows, maybe if a game is consistently popular it might get a permanent zone...
I agree that they should add a second featured game NPC, I think it'd be good for the server. But there is no reason to do remove a permanent game to do this.
''But uhm, there is no extra place!''
There is:
g4g46erg465rgd45vd46.png

There is no way that a game has to be removed in order for a featured game to be added. I really don't know where you got that information.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I thought I was stupid.. for thinking you were Ruisdier.. but I swear.. after reading this.. no.. just no.. Your logic is unbelievably stupid. It's just insane.
Um alright? :/

I think you're just repeating yourself now and so would I if I replied to you. I guess we can just agree to disagree. It's not an idea I'm entirely sure of anyway, which is why I said I wanted to collectively build on it.

It is weird how I was looking for opinions, we were having an entirely normal discussion and you end up insulting me. But I won't play along. Thanks for your feedback though :D

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I think you're just repeating yourself now and so would I if I replied to you.
I am aware I said ''Let's just make another essay explaining the exact same things I did before.'' but there are things in my comment talking about things I haven't mentioned like the basic logic that adding a 2nd Featured Game NPC does not mean having to remove a perm game.

we were having an entirely normal discussion and you end up insulting me.
But can you blame me? You're trying to convince me removing a permanent game is needed in order to add a 2nd NPC for Featured Game. Maybe not that literally but you said that it's a buff for SG, BW, BZ, SS and it's a nerf for MW fans, meaning you're telling me that your idea was to remove Mineware and add a 2nd NPC for Featured Games, like CubeCraft doesn't have a build team and can't either switch some things in the current set-up or add two new NPC stands..
Then you said that Featured Games are more valuable because they store more games, also implying that a permanent game needs to be removed in order to get this 2nd NPC. Last, you said that removing Mineware will make a lot of SS, SG, BW, BZ fans happy.. again, implying that in order to get a 2nd NPC, you need to remove a permanent game..
Can you really blame me for saying that this logic is unbelievably stupid? Like, c'mon..

I was going to say in my previous message that the entire essay I would write would be for nothing considering you'd probably ignore either all or most of it.. I decided to not add that part because you didn't actually skip my last messages but God I regret not putting that in .. because it's so true. I write an entire essay and you ignore it. Because, why? You can't handle me saying that adding a 2nd NPC shouldn't mean removing a permanent, and that thinking this is just stupid?

I feel like you know I'm right but you don't want to admit it, so you just say ''Oh I don't wanna play this game.'' to avoid talking about it.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Obviously, they could adjust the lobby quite easily but that's not the point. It's been drilled into us that it's the end of the world if the playerbase gets split up even just a little, the whole world will crumble to pieces. That was the point of the big change and they haven't moved far from that perspective yet. The two featured games slots have been suggested before and as they haven't been implemented yet, as they barely communicate, we don't know if they are doing it. If it was escalated before makes like no difference.

So you could assume that some caveat would make them happier to do it, which is where removing Minerware comes in. Maybe they are super concerned about not using too many servers? You never know anymore.

I'm also pretty sure he explicitly said he didn't ignore you. He just doesn't want to respond back and forth on the same points.

no.. Besides, removing a game will possibly make players leave.
They already did that one so odds are they wouldn't mind doing it again.

There should be some sort of fighting/ non-fighting balance but like it really isn't a huge deal when most of the players on the server are here for PvP. Many people choose the better option for non-fighting games (Hypixel) where the combat system doesn't matter.

Reactions: Eli
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Windwardglue105 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
basketman

this you?

1714261124344.png
Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Reesle wrote on lorilambthecoolgamer's profile.
Thanks for playing, that was fun!
I did end up winning that last game we joined after you had to go:
IMG_5324.png
Top Bottom