Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Cubecraft bring Java Maps to Bedrock?

• Yes, cause i wanna see and play them

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No, the maps are disgusting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I think some more maps are bound to be ported over in the future but don't count on all of them. They are not all designed to work on bedrock as their main purpose was for Java. While all bedrock maps would work on Java, you guys still have exclusive maps that we don't. It may end up like this but I think more maps from Java will come but not all of them.

Reactions: TippyAlpaca5146

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
When the Bedrock server was made, the maps were all ports of Java maps. From my experience, it seems that the maps on Bedrock are some of the better and simpler Java maps.

I know SG the best, so I'll give an example. One of the Java exclusive maps is twice the size and scale of any of the Bedrock maps, and given the short nature of Bedrock games, would not be a good fit. Another Java exclusive map has a ring of lava around the middle chests, not to mention that the middle area is on a platform 50+ blocks above the rest of the map and is hard to get back to once the border closes in. These map features certainly would not be appreciated on Bedrock (I don't think they're liked that much on Java either tbh).

In skywars and eggwars, some of the Java exclusive maps have cramped islands that are quite easy to fall off especially if your movement is not snappy (e.g. mobile and console players). Also, in both of those gamemodes, maps are typically a lot larger and some are designed for teams of 3, 5, and 6, which there are not modes for on Bedrock.

To summarize, maps on Bedrock should be smaller and should be able to accommodate players with a larger range of abilities. Many Java maps not already on Bedrock do not fully meet these criteria. Although, if you see any specific Java map you think would be a good fit for the Bedrock server, you should make a suggestion post asking for it to be brought over.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Big pro :)
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
us fr
Untitled356_20240416075428.png
Eli
6,666 Reaction score, nice.

Stay tuned for 66,666!
Eli
Come on, let's reach the ultra evil number...
1713239597971.png
Top Bottom