Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ProfParzival

May 6, 2019
London, UK
www.youtube.com
Hi,

----------------
Please note: This isn't a moan and I'm not in any way angry or having a pop at Cubecraft... I fully understand how difficult it is to plan for scaling up and I know they're probably working like crazy with the huge increase in users since PS players joined in with the fun. It's just a genuine question to find out if they're fully aware of how this is affecting gameplay.... I'm sure they are, but if they aren't then I wanted to ensure they hear the message.
----------------

I assumed others would be posting about this but didn't see any threads, apologies if I've missed them. Please delete this if I'm going over what's already being discussed elsewhere.

Ever since your concurrent users took a big jump upwards I've noticed pretty bad lag from the server. My ping is always around 13ms to cube and my PC is streamlined for only MC plus I've got a great internet connection (pls understand I know bgp4/ospf/mpls so I know what I'm doing with networks, routers, servers, etc, so I'm quite certain this isn't a problem at my end) and I'm in the UK so have low latency to Cubecraft in general.

Since PlayStation users joined in the fun (and great to have more people in the game for sure), the lag at busy times (eg right now) is making some games almost unplayable. eg, I just played bridge and it was really really difficult to play... Player lag meant that people were teleporting all over the place, hard to hit with a sword let alone a bow, bridges just randomly cut out, arrows from bows going in weird angles randomly, placing blocks extremely laggy (no good at all for ninja bridging/placing, which tbh is one of the things that makes playing Bridge such fun). I think Sentinel is also struggling with the lag as I scored a few goals but was then teleported back out of the goal (and sometimes killed lol).

I'm sure we'll all agree that more players on the platform is good for Cubecraft and indeed great for us all, but I just wondered if you were aware of the effects it's having on gameplay right now at busy times? Hence also wondering if you know about it were there any plans to overcome the issue?

As an aside I know I'm one of the very very few VR players but the block lag has an extra effect on us that makes it even more difficult... I had to log off just now as it was making me ill.

Thank you and keep up the good work. Cubecraft is awesome.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: wxzzrd

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Please don't be angry at Cubecraft staff :D They will/are try their best to make it less laggy.

They are probably just adjusting to PlayStation being released.
He is not, but I do agree it has been a bit more laggy but I haven’t noticed it a huge amount even on mobile from California, but perhaps that because I was already sort if laggy, my ping numbers have gone up but I haven’t noticed much, they used to be like 150 ones ther like 250

ProfParzival

May 6, 2019
London, UK
www.youtube.com
I'm seeing streamers suffering badly (eg PhilSwift76 feels it's not safe to god bridge on his stream as they keep cutting out) and some streamers just logging off altogether, so I know it's not just me.

Reactions: wxzzrd
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
From musical hater to musical lover with a single trick: my girlfriend forced me to watch Hamilton 😂
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
congratss!
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congratss!
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratss!
Amazinq wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats
Top Bottom