Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Have you ever gotten banned by Sentinel even though you weren't hacking or cheating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvanMCGamer

May 31, 2017
So I got banned on cubecraft the other day for nothing. I have already pissed off several staff in an attempt to be unbanned because I am innocent. While doing this, I noticed that a LOT of other people also had this problem. They got banned by Sentinel even though they weren't hacking or cheating, then submitted an appeal and no one got back to them until their ban was already over. This doesn't seem like a very good system. All the staff tell us to do is, "Be patient and we will look at it!" They also tell us to contact @CrazymanJR even though he hasn't been on for almost a week. If Sentinel isn't working and banning people who aren't hacking, could you take it down? Or maybe employ someone to fix it? I just really want to prove my innocence and get back on the server, and I have contacted several mods asking them for help. Everyone just says, "oh sentinel bans hackers if you didn't hack then crazymanjr will look at your logs and revoke your ban :)" and "be patient!" But here's the thing: I literally just want to be unbanned. Do you guys even have any proof against the people you ban? Did actual people report them? Is there screenshots or videos? Or did you just put a system up that removes some hackers and some innocent people. My mc Username is EvanMCGamer, and I will shut up once you unban me. Thank you ladies and gentlemen, I will be here all week!

Reactions: Jeff_Bllkth

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Hello @EvanMCGamer,

Sentinel is a house made Anti-Cheat Developed by GingerGeek and CrazymanJR. If you are falsely banned by Sentinel then you just have to appeal with your appeal code given on your ban screen here > https://appeals.cubecraft.net/ and don't forget to explain in details what you did before you got banned. Sentinel has some bugs every now and then but CrazymanJR and/or GingerGeek fix those bugs as soon as they know the bug. If you are falsely banned, then that's because of a false-positive. If your appeal got denied then you can contact CrazymanJR here on the Forums > https://www.cubecraft.net/conversations/add?to=CrazymanJR. Please wait patiently for an answer and don't spam him because he's a very busy man. You may also contact CrazymanJR on Discord, so if you haven't already then you can join the Official Discord Server of CubeCraft here > https://discord.gg/cubecraft. Via the Official Discord Server of CubeCraft you can contact him via a PM.

I wish you the best of luck. Please don't forget to not spam CrazymanJR but to just wait patiently for an answer.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Hello @EvanMCGamer,

Sentinel is a house made Anti-Cheat Developed by GingerGeek and CrazymanJR. If you are falsely banned by Sentinel then you just have to appeal with your appeal code given on your ban screen here > https://appeals.cubecraft.net/ and don't forget to explain in details what you did before you got banned. Sentinel has some bugs every now and then but CrazymanJR and/or GingerGeek fix those bugs as soon as they know the bug. If you are falsely banned, then that's because of a false-positive. If your appeal got denied then you can contact CrazymanJR here on the Forums > https://www.cubecraft.net/conversations/add?to=CrazymanJR. Please wait patiently for an answer and don't spam him because he's a very busy man. You may also contact CrazymanJR on Discord, so if you haven't already then you can join the Official Discord Server of CubeCraft here > https://discord.gg/cubecraft. Via the Official Discord Server of CubeCraft you can contact him via a PM.

I wish you the best of luck. Please don't forget to not spam CrazymanJR but to just wait patiently for an answer.
That isnt What he asked.

No we havent any proof. Sentinel says What you have done. There arent any videos.

If you dont use any hack, you Will be unbanned.

Good luck!

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015
Or maybe employ someone to fix it?
Developing and maintaining an anti-cheat plugin isn't easy at all. It may look like it easy but it totally isn't. Minecraft does not provide anything to developers to base their anti-cheat off, developers have to create their own creations to prevent cheating. This is mostly done by checking how a player is sending packets and when.
Sending packets means in normal language doing things. For example hitting a player will notify the server by sending a packet that contains the data.

So yeah, of course, an anti-cheat can make mistakes, but that doesn't mean it does not work. They could tweak the anti-cheat by real-time feedback. I am 100% sure they did a lot of tests with it, but you can't filter all those bad packets, (invalid combat). So instead of telling them to just fix it, just report issues, and false bans and wait patiently.

I literally just want to be unbanned. Do you guys even have any proof against the people you ban? Did actual people report them? Is there screenshots or videos? Or did you just put a system up that removes some hackers and some innocent people.
As I said, the most anti-cheats are checking your packets that are being sent and will make a conclusion out of those results. It is a 'machine', a 'robot' they make mistakes yes, just like humans do. Systems aren't always 100% accurate. But instead of creating these kinds of posts, just tell them what happened, how it happened and step by step what you did.

For real, I hate these posts, like just being a straight up (excuse my language) ass-hole towards the developers of this anti-cheat plugin. Like please, get some respect, creating an anti-cheat is really hard and requires a lot of feedback, so instead of hating, show some respect and try to help them improve the system.

EvanMCGamer

May 31, 2017
Hello @EvanMCGamer,

You are literally saying what I said that the staff are saying. I would bet 100 bucks that that is just a copied and pasted message that you post under posts like this so you can impress staff so you can become one. I'm asking for someone to actually look into my case and help me, not just say "wAiT pAtIenTLy UnTiL SoMeOnE ReSpOnDs"

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
You are literally saying what I said that the staff are saying. I would bet 100 bucks that that is just a copied and pasted message that you post under posts like this so you can impress staff so you can become one. I'm asking for someone to actually look into my case and help me, not just say "wAiT pAtIenTLy UnTiL SoMeOnE ReSpOnDs"
I didn't copy and paste that text, I just typed on my keyboard. Staff can help you, yes but then I'd tag one. Also, appeals of Sentinel are only reviewed by the Developers of Sentinel (CrazymanJR and GingerGeek) if I am right.

EvanMCGamer

May 31, 2017
Developing and maintaining an anti-cheat plugin isn't easy at all. It may look like it easy but it totally isn't. Minecraft does not provide anything to developers to base their anti-cheat off, developers have to create their own creations to prevent cheating. This is mostly done by checking how a player is sending packets and when.
Sending packets means in normal language doing things. For example hitting a player will notify the server by sending a packet that contains the data.

So yeah, of course, an anti-cheat can make mistakes, but that doesn't mean it does not work. They could tweak the anti-cheat by real-time feedback. I am 100% sure they did a lot of tests with it, but you can't filter all those bad packets, (invalid combat). So instead of telling them to just fix it, just report issues, and false bans and wait patiently.

As I said, the most anti-cheats are checking your packets that are being sent and will make a conclusion out of those results. It is a 'machine', a 'robot' they make mistakes yes, just like humans do. Systems aren't always 100% accurate. But instead of creating these kinds of posts, just tell them what happened, how it happened and step by step what you did.

For real, I hate these posts, like just being a straight up (excuse my language) ass-hole towards the developers of this anti-cheat plugin. Like please, get some respect, creating an anti-cheat is really hard and requires a lot of feedback, so instead of hating, show some respect and try to help them improve the system.
Honestly, the only reason that these people have jobs is because people like me play on the servers. For some of these people, this is their full time, money-making, completely dependent job. And if it's "too hard" for them to do it, then cube craft should hire more people. When you go to appeal a ban it should be sent in, and then there should be staff actually working and reading them. If someone had actually responded to my appeal and said, "Yea, our systems still a bit funky. We'll determine if you hacked or not within the next few days and we'll get back to you," Then I wouldn't be angry at all. But imagine you go to a park everyday. It's your escape from your stressful life. It's the only park around and it has an excellent off-trail alone swing that you love. All of a sudden, the local government tells you you aren't allowed at the park because you are a pedophile. You try to sue them to show that you aren't a pedophile and they should let you in the park, but they say that they're busy and they'll get you a court date until whenever they aren't busy. They keep telling you to wait patiently until they're done. But they still aren't letting you back into the park either. That is what this is like.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Honestly, the only reason that these people have jobs is because people like me play on the servers. For some of these people, this is their full time, money-making, completely dependent job. And if it's "too hard" for them to do it, then cube craft should hire more people. When you go to appeal a ban it should be sent in, and then there should be staff actually working and reading them. If someone had actually responded to my appeal and said, "Yea, our systems still a bit funky. We'll determine if you hacked or not within the next few days and we'll get back to you," Then I wouldn't be angry at all. But imagine you go to a park everyday. It's your escape from your stressful life. It's the only park around and it has an excellent off-trail alone swing that you love. All of a sudden, the local government tells you you aren't allowed at the park because you are a pedophile. You try to sue them to show that you aren't a pedophile and they should let you in the park, but they say that they're busy and they'll get you a court date until whenever they aren't busy. They keep telling you to wait patiently until they're done. But they still aren't letting you back into the park either. That is what this is like.
Yes, I understand. This happened to me too, and I had to wait out my ban, just cause the system decided I hacked. But what I was truly banned for was for 'Butterfly clicking'. I didn't do this on a large scale, either. If you butterfly clicked about 20 times you're banned. The system is still learning though, and they say that it 'learns' from people and knows to differentiate a hacker from a skilled player. However, I do believe that they are quite lazy about appeals, and I know about a guy, who had a appeal, which wasn't even looked at for 2 weeks.

sqlty

Novice Member
Mar 8, 2017
The Netherlands
Hello @EvanMCGamer,

hello (in dutch: ben je een staff member ofzo? je spreekt zoveel in de naam van cubecraft :D )

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
You seem to be unbanned, your appeal got approved.

We get loads of appeals every single day, that need to be reviewed, checked and accepted if false positive. This unfortunally can take alot of time, therefor they take longer than normal appeals.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Aratic's profile.
Hope you're doing good man.
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
I'mma guess your favorite S class hero have changed lmao.
Pluisje wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
gefeliciteerd schat 🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼
Dutch_Frietjes wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Eva bbgirl xx
Top Bottom