Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hi, this is a veeeeeeery small suggestion thread about a very small but neat thingy.
Christmas and Valentines day (rip no competitions :l) have passed, and soon Easter will come. So, how about you implement some seasonal banners? I have two suggestions.

Suggestion one:
You know what would be cool? If the main forums banner would be replaced by a seasonal banner when a 'special' season arrives. For example: When it's Halloween, the main banner would be Halloween-themed, and when it's Christmas, the banner would be Christmas-themed.

Suggestion two:
Seasonal profile banners. Yes, that would be nice, wouldn't it?
Soo yes a small explaination: If you buy the PLUS rank, you will be able to have special forum/profile banners. Why don't you add banners of the special Christmas, Summer, Halloween and Easter lobbies?

Thanks for reading!

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
I like the first one, the server changes at holidays so why not the forums. Would be nice if we had this on the server.

I also like the second one, I don't have plus rank but I still think you could make a lot of people with the plus rank happy with it. It would also look nice on the profiles I think, but will they only be able to use these banners during the holidays or can they just use it all the time?

Reactions: remio

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I like the first one, the server changes at holidays so why not the forums. Would be nice if we had this on the server.

I also like the second one, I don't have plus rank but I still think you could make a lot of people with the plus rank happy with it. It would also look nice on the profiles I think, but will they only be able to use these banners during the holidays or can they just use it all the time?
Good question. I would say that you should be able to use them anytime.

Reactions: Siftenly

Ruisdier

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2017
your basement
Great suggestion mate! It would bring a lot of ambience to the forums. However, I don't think this work without the following: Since (for example) the Halloween banner would contain a lot of orange. Why not change the main forum color (blue) to orange then? Valentines day pink and Christmas red?

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I really like these suggestions. It just gives another great look to the forums and Plus members' profiles.

Good question. I would say that you should be able to use them anytime.
I wouldn't say that. I mean, they are seasonal. So why would you be able to use them anytime? I would say they can only use seasonal banners when it's that time of the year.

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
I like your first suggestion a lot. It is lovely to see a banner with the theme of the current holiday on it. It will bring some fresh new looks to the forums.

I am still a bit mehh about the second idea. It will probably give the designers a lot of work but I also think that it would give the players the ability to show if the love or don't participate in a certain holiday. Keeping the banners is a big no to me since it wouldn't be lovely to see a Christmas banner when it is summer.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi, this is a veeeeeeery small suggestion thread about a very small but neat thingy.
Christmas and Valentines day (rip no competitions :l) have passed, and soon Easter will come. So, how about you implement some seasonal banners? I have two suggestions.

Suggestion one:
You know what would be cool? If the main forums banner would be replaced by a seasonal banner when a 'special' season arrives. For example: When it's Halloween, the main banner would be Halloween-themed, and when it's Christmas, the banner would be Christmas-themed.

Suggestion two:
Soo yes a small explaination: If you buy the PLUS rank, you will be able to have special forum/profile banners. Why don't you add banners of the special Christmas, Summer, Halloween and Easter lobbies?

Thanks for reading!

OMG YES! I'd love both of those, It would definitely be one way to improve the forums as a whole. I'd enjoy looking at that for hours on end!

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I am still a bit mehh about the second idea. It will probably give the designers a lot of work but I also think that it would give the players the ability to show if the love or don't participate in a certain holiday. Keeping the banners is a big no to me since it wouldn't be lovely to see a Christmas banner when it is summer.
The designers wouldn't have a lot of work because you'd only have to take a screenshot :v
But I understand why you think you shouldn't be able to use them after a special season.

Reactions: Zombiepower

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland

Suggestion one:

Suggestion two:

Thanks for reading!
Well thought out suggestions, mate!

Though, I've got something I'd personally change!
You suggested changing the header of the site, but I think the theme colour should also change corresponding to the event

(#FF69B4 for the menu bar; #FF1493 for the selected sub-forum) (Valentines)
4d6vsv5.png

(#FF4500 for the menu bar; #FF6347 for the selected sub-forum) (Halloween)
C3Gd4jz.png

(#BDB76B for the menu bar; #F0E68C for the selected sub-forum) (Summer)
8kXb9ul.png

And I don't really know for Christmas tbh, perhaps a combination of red and white?
Anyway, hope you like my idea, feel free to add to your thread if you like it as well :)

It will probably give the designers a lot of work but I also think that it would give the players the ability to show if the love or don't participate in a certain holiday. Keeping the banners is a big no to me since it wouldn't be lovely to see a Christmas banner when it is summer.
Don't really think this will be a problem, seeing as there are only four seasonal events in a year ;) That'd also mean the designers would only have to update the profile banner of the main lobby to the seasonal lobby four times per year

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Cool member appreciation moment!:D 💙
ElFlxen_ wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thanks for everything! :cubie:
ElFlxen_ wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Thanks for everything! :c
UncleSpect wrote on s4mways's profile.
thanks for the follow! 🎈
Asking... Schedule meetings... Writing questions... Recording... Editing... Rendering... Before preparations... Finished:D Redo! Asking... A system I have built up while working on the Sapphire Interviews Series!:D More videos and more info will come!
Top Bottom