Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree?

• Total voters

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hey everyone!

Just a quick suggestion here:
Whenever I want to search something on the forums, I click on the little magnifying glass and start typing.
But...after you clicked on the magnifying glass, you have to click again to actually start typing.
In my opinion this is pretty annoying and pointless, there is no need to click an extra time.
Suggestion: make it possible to immediately type after clicking the first time.

I don't know if this is possible, but I hope it is.

As always, feedback is highly appreciated and don't forget to vote!

Reactions: Priley

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I'd say it's a suggestion. It's not exactly a bug either, I guess it works as intended, but the intention is bad.

A similar thing that's annoyed me for a while is the appeals page where you have to click the input field before typing. It actually annoyed me so much that I made a script to focus the field when the site loads, but that broke with the addition of the bedrock section.

I personally don't use the search very often because google with site:cubecraft.net usually works better. But I still support to change this.

Reactions: Shallidor

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Not caring about something others don't like isn't really a reason to not agreeing with someone ;)

As stated before, I just think it's annoying. If no one else feels this way, sure, fine, it's not a big problem.
But if there are more people annoyed by something this simple, why not fix it.
Thanks for your feedback, I can conclude that you don't think it's annoying :D

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
Problem is first time clicking on it just "unlocks" the search bar. So if it's possible to just have the search bar opened by default I don't see why not.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Problem is first time clicking on it just "unlocks" the search bar. So if it's possible to just have the search bar opened by default I don't see why not.

I actually meant that once you click it the first time, you can immediately start typing ;)

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
I actually meant that once you click it the first time, you can immediately start typing ;)
Yeah thats what basically would happen. Cause what I'm saying is to have it by default be in the "open" position
Sy26qvL.png

So it'd be like that, resulting in having to click it once.

You'll notice that when you click it the first time it sort of slides to the left. You can't see it due to the colour of the search box being the same as the rest of the header bar. You can close the search box again by clicking on the magnifying class icon a second time.

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
That would be very ugly. I disagree with having it open like that as the default position.
Hmm maybe if the search box had a white background instead of the blue camouflage it has on now, and make the magnifying glass symbol and "search" be blue? I dunno I'm just giving alternatives to what op was suggesting.

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
maybe if the search box had a white background instead of the blue camouflage it has on now, and make the magnifying glass symbol and "search" be blue?
That would ruin the whole theme with white text and symbols. My eyes would bleed. This is not a bog deal to me. It's only 2 clicks. If they could make it only one click would be better than ruining the look of the theme.

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
That would ruin the whole theme with white text and symbols. My eyes would bleed. This is not a bog deal to me. It's only 2 clicks. If they could make it only one click would be better than ruining the look of the theme.
I mean it's not a big deal to me either but I don't see how it would ruin the theme.
u1pcVur.png

This is what I'm talking about (plus the magnifying glass symbol)

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
But.. Why does it matter?
Cause that's what I believe would be the best option if the original suggestion were to be implemented (having to click once to search).
To me personally it matters absolutely 0%. I've not used the search option once till now and don't really see the double click bothering me.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
To all the people replying here, I intended it like this:

1. You click on the magnifying glass like it is right now.
2. You can immediately start typing, not having to click AGAIN on the search box.

@Kloska that means it would still look the same.

But.. Why does it matter?
In my opinion this is pretty annoying and pointless, there is no need to click an extra time.
As stated before, I just think it's annoying. If no one else feels this way, sure, fine, it's not a big problem.
But if there are more people annoyed by something this simple, why not fix it.

Reactions: Kloska
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SpringWarz wrote on Fesa's profile.
Stop complaining about people putting their names in bug reports, thank you!
Currently working on “New Skyblock Island” suggestion #7! It might be the most detailed one yet.
EpicShotz1432 wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
EpicShotz1432 wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday 🎂
Top Bottom