Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which ideas do you agree with

• Total voters

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
So I figured I'd make this thread again with some new ideas. You know what's up first:

Part 1: FIX MID CAMPING ALREADY

We need more things to add to the revamped eggwars. If mid camping is not fixed I'll rule out basically anything dealing with emerald gens, anti-rush mechanics, or anything that could possibly help mid campers.

Kill Rates for Mid campers:

Collect Method
Hardcore: 85%
Normal: 65%
OP: 40%

Hybrid Method
Hardcore: 65%
Normal: 25%
OP: 10%

Block Method:
Hardcore: 20%
Normal / OP: 0%

For comparison, hacker kill rates in various scenarios (Normal and OP only)
First Island, Normal: ~100%
First Island, OP: 85%
Early Game, Normal: 85%
Early Game, OP: 55%
Mid game, Normal: 70%
Mid game, OP: 40%
Late Game, Normal: 50%
Late Game, OP: 20%

Another Important Thing: Effects of 1.12 on the effectiveness of mid camping
Hardcore: Negligible, and it doesn't need to be fixed in hardcore
Normal: Small Nerf, but not enough to fix it
OP: Large Buff

Possible Solutions:
Although collect method seems like the easiest to beat, most of that is due to a skill gap. Hybrid is the hardest to execute, so we should force people to use hybrid method.
- Corrupted Ender Pearl: Unpopular suggestion, but with the proper modifications it could work.
- Diamond Generator Movement: Having the generators too close together, like on kingdom and aztec, allows collect method to work easily. However, if they're near the edge of islands allows block method to work too easily. Have them spread out NOT too close to the edge to force hybrid method.
- Sub-Mids: This is an important one as some maps like aztec just can't be fixed. Add sub-mids to some maps to allow diamond collection.

Other solutions

Part 2: Revamping Eggwars
With that out of the way, let's talk about the eggwars revamp! Note: Stuff in italics indicates something that should only be implemented if mid camping is fixed.

- Team Upgrades for Emeralds
- Concrete replaces terracotta
- World Events
- Larger, more extreme maps @FartiliciousManChild
- Maps with unbalanced teams (More on this in a bit)
- Small competitions at center (KOTH, Kill Chain, Sumo, Gem Hunt, etc)
-
Tridents
- Other Ideas

For the maps with unbalanced teams, the outnumbered teams will be benefitted by receiving exclusive items. I don't know exactly how to implement this.

Part 3: Classic Eggwars / Money Walls
Due to the monumental changes occuring within eggwars, classic eggwars will get a brand new mode along with money walls. They won't exactly be left to die, but money walls will get an update only occassionally with classic eggwars getting even fewer.

Part 4: Ranked
Go out and search for one of the good threads about it. Enough information.

Part 5: Lab Modes!!!
This is the most important aspect to the revamp. Add 6 lab modes to an armor stand next to the ranked eggwars:
- Slime Mode (You kill everyone with KB)
- Nukers (TNT based)
- Extreme (Implement weird items like grappling hooks, rockets, grenades, etc)
- Underwater (Use tridents and implement 1.14 fish mechanics into a new eggwars mode)
- Elytra Mode (Use elytra to fly around the map with fireworks available for diamonds)
- Dis-alliances (24 player solo mode where your team changes every 5 minutes, nobody wins until it's down to 1 team, has voting options for some of the other lab modes)

Popular lab modes will be implemented onto the new board on the right called "Insane Eggwars". Unpopular ones will be replaced by new lab modes.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
So I figured I'd make this thread again with some new ideas. You know what's up first:

Part 1: FIX MID CAMPING ALREADY

We need more things to add to the revamped eggwars. If mid camping is not fixed I'll rule out basically anything dealing with emerald gens, anti-rush mechanics, or anything that could possibly help mid campers.

Kill Rates for Mid campers:

Collect Method
Hardcore: 85%
Normal: 65%
OP: 40%

Hybrid Method
Hardcore: 65%
Normal: 25%
OP: 10%

Block Method:
Hardcore: 20%
Normal / OP: 0%

For comparison, hacker kill rates in various scenarios (Normal and OP only)
First Island, Normal: ~100%
First Island, OP: 85%
Early Game, Normal: 85%
Early Game, OP: 55%
Mid game, Normal: 70%
Mid game, OP: 40%
Late Game, Normal: 50%
Late Game, OP: 20%

Another Important Thing: Effects of 1.12 on the effectiveness of mid camping
Hardcore: Negligible, and it doesn't need to be fixed in hardcore
Normal: Small Nerf, but not enough to fix it
OP: Large Buff

Possible Solutions:
Although collect method seems like the easiest to beat, most of that is due to a skill gap. Hybrid is the hardest to execute, so we should force people to use hybrid method.
- Corrupted Ender Pearl: Unpopular suggestion, but with the proper modifications it could work.
- Diamond Generator Movement: Having the generators too close together, like on kingdom and aztec, allows collect method to work easily. However, if they're near the edge of islands allows block method to work too easily. Have them spread out NOT too close to the edge to force hybrid method.
- Sub-Mids: This is an important one as some maps like aztec just can't be fixed. Add sub-mids to some maps to allow diamond collection.

Other solutions

Part 2: Revamping Eggwars
With that out of the way, let's talk about the eggwars revamp! Note: Stuff in italics indicates something that should only be implemented if mid camping is fixed.

- Team Upgrades for Emeralds
- Concrete replaces terracotta
- World Events
- Larger, more extreme maps @FartiliciousManChild
- Maps with unbalanced teams (More on this in a bit)
- Small competitions at center (KOTH, Kill Chain, Sumo, Gem Hunt, etc)
-
Tridents
- Other Ideas

For the maps with unbalanced teams, the outnumbered teams will be benefitted by receiving exclusive items. I don't know exactly how to implement this.

Part 3: Classic Eggwars / Money Walls
Due to the monumental changes occuring within eggwars, classic eggwars will get a brand new mode along with money walls. They won't exactly be left to die, but money walls will get an update only occassionally with classic eggwars getting even fewer.

Part 4: Ranked
Go out and search for one of the good threads about it. Enough information.

Part 5: Lab Modes!!!
This is the most important aspect to the revamp. Add 6 lab modes to an armor stand next to the ranked eggwars:
- Slime Mode (You kill everyone with KB)
- Nukers (TNT based)
- Extreme (Implement weird items like grappling hooks, rockets, grenades, etc)
- Underwater (Use tridents and implement 1.14 fish mechanics into a new eggwars mode)
- Elytra Mode (Use elytra to fly around the map with fireworks available for diamonds)
- Dis-alliances (24 player solo mode where your team changes every 5 minutes, nobody wins until it's down to 1 team, has voting options for some of the other lab modes)

Popular lab modes will be implemented onto the new board on the right called "Insane Eggwars". Unpopular ones will be replaced by new lab modes.
I think it would be an amazing idea to add some more things to eggwars and in theory "revamping it"
There has been a lot of talk about a revamp, and all suggestions are really cool in my opinion.
I love the idea of bringing back money walls, and I suggest adding in the thread "bring back old maps"
such as Area51. That was my favorite!
+1

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

Phids

Jun 16, 2016
I have no idea what you're talking about when you say things about methods. I do not think campers in middle is an issue at all. That whole idea is a counter statement. Campers sit on their bases, not put themselves in the middle of the action.

The game is fine how it is. Remove speed eggwars and everything will be fine. Otherwise, get better at the game and you wont lose.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I have no idea what you're talking about when you say things about methods. I do not think campers in middle is an issue at all. That whole idea is a counter statement. Campers sit on their bases, not put themselves in the middle of the action.

The game is fine how it is. Remove speed eggwars and everything will be fine. Otherwise, get better at the game and you wont lose.
It often does the opposite of what you think it does. You'd think it puts them in the middle of everything but really it gives them control over everything. Teaparty is an exception (I know you play it in the EZ Eggwars videos) About the methods:

Collect method people use all melee combat to guard people from gens. Best done on maps with close diamond gens i.e. garden

Block method uses bows to hold people out of mid, like base campers do. This is the reason for the abysmal kill rate, as the fight at mid is always tough IF you can get there. Block method is the stat breaker, and I get at least 250:1 KD doing this

Hybrid is in the middle. I want people to do this as it forces them to do a lot of things at once.

TheBoom989

Oct 11, 2017
Good suggestions, hope they get added.
Except for the fact that they said in the suggestions compilation thread "do not ask to re-add a game mode, it has been removed for a reason."

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
Not too invested in the anti-mid camping movement going on. But sure, i guess Cubecraft does have to sorta do something about it.
I do really like those lab modes ideas + ranked eggwars though!
- Ranked Eggwars: is a must have at thisi point +2
- Slime mode: eh not too sure, using kb could either be cool, but i can also imagine it to be really frustrating. I think this might be fun for a while but doesn't have too much depth to it, so might not last too well in the long run. But idk too sure. +0,5
- Nukers: sounds kinda vague. Tnt involvement seems alright, but also might be kinda one dimensional (kinda like the slime mode might be aswell) +0,5
- Extreme: something with a grapplig hook would be neat as hell, not too sure about rockets and grenades. Might not be sold yet on the way you described, but i get the idea of it. Extreme definitely has potential to be something cool if done right!
- Elytra mode: sounds cool at first glance but might have a lot of things that could possibly go wrong, this would have to be well thought out before doing anything with it i think. For now it's kinda hard to imagine elytra's being utilized in Eggwars in the first place.
- Dis-alliances: i think im most sold yet on this idea, and i'm too certain yet as of why. Just a gut feeling. Seems cool!

Guess this could fit in there nicely as well: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/x...ecraft.net/threads/xd-who-did-this-xd.201768/

A

A pigeon

Uhm that guy is pretty good. Mid campingisnt a problem because eggwars players are too stupid to do it . Person has mid camped on multiple occasions and hasnt lost once

Phids

Jun 16, 2016
It often does the opposite of what you think it does. You'd think it puts them in the middle of everything but really it gives them control over everything. Teaparty is an exception (I know you play it in the EZ Eggwars videos) About the methods:

Collect method people use all melee combat to guard people from gens. Best done on maps with close diamond gens i.e. garden

Block method uses bows to hold people out of mid, like base campers do. This is the reason for the abysmal kill rate, as the fight at mid is always tough IF you can get there. Block method is the stat breaker, and I get at least 250:1 KD doing this

Hybrid is in the middle. I want people to do this as it forces them to do a lot of things at once.

You see the reason I don't play anything but teaparty anymore. All the maps otherwise are trash for pvp. Among other things you've basically described flaws in the garbage map design by these people.

Reactions: A pigeon
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom