Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

NirvanaPvP

Sep 11, 2015
Hi,
My suggestion is to allow images when reporting flying hackers. I saw that you only permit videos, but not always a person can record a video.

Thanks for reading :)

I

iDontPlayMinecraft.exe

No they should not accept images or screenshots, screenshots can easily be photoshopped. So if a guy doesn't like another guy he can just photoshop he flying. Also the guy may have the rabbit kit in Eggwars and jump high and then a guy takes a screenshot and reports him for flying, not fair for the guy who has jump boost on

Reactions: Marieke2001

NirvanaPvP

Sep 11, 2015
I forgot to say that it could works when the game doesn't start yet.
For example in this case:

mThNmPv.png

E3fE8vR.png

I can't deny it can't be photoshopped, though.

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
For everybody saying:
''It can be photoshopped'' in this thread, (and no I'm not targetting one guy but this is more in general), yes it can be photoshopped but the chances it will happen is so small, let me explain why.

Photoshop is a very good program to indeed edit pictures (or fake edvidence), but it costs money, quite a lot actually.
I mean, for my study I need PS and I bought it in the online store my school recommended, I even got around 40% Student Discount.
Guess what the prize was? 140.50EUR that's right, if you wish to photoshop edvidence it would cost an insane amount of money.
And no it's not just PS that costs 140EUR, it's the package Adobe Creative Cloud, wich gives you like 8 more porgrams with it.

Not to mention every year you need to buy it again to use PS. + With no student discount is costs 240EUR.

And yes, there sure is a way to crack PS illegal or buy is sepperate but my point is that PhotoShop costs quite some money and I doubt people will abuse this a lot when screenshots will be allowed for fly reports.

And yea, there are multiple photo editing programs but that's not the point I'm trying to make.

Back to the actual suggestion:
If people do have acces to PhotoShop or any kind of decent Photo-Editing software it would be abused pretty bad.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Images are completely unreliable. For example, you may be PVPing someone and they fall in the void. If you take a picture before they die, it looks like they're flying. There's also the problem of Photoshopping / editing pictures, or different features that may seems like flying (punch bows, levitation arrows, ect).

Reactions: Marieke2001

sebas22345YT

Novice Member
Dec 22, 2016
I think its necesary to put a video in a report to be sure than that person is broking rules , if is a picture . It can be photoshopped or can be a bug or few of lag , remember there are people is banned without reason for that we need to evade this things . @Nikooo @zDutchie lock this

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
For everybody saying:
''It can be photoshopped'' in this thread, (and no I'm not targetting one guy but this is more in general), yes it can be photoshopped but the chances it will happen is so small, let me explain why.

Photoshop is a very good program to indeed edit pictures (or fake edvidence), but it costs money, quite a lot actually.
I mean, for my study I need PS and I bought it in the online store my school recommended, I even got around 40% Student Discount.
Guess what the prize was? 140.50EUR that's right, if you wish to photoshop edvidence it would cost an insane amount of money.
And no it's not just PS that costs 140EUR, it's the package Adobe Creative Cloud, wich gives you like 8 more porgrams with it.

Not to mention every year you need to buy it again to use PS. + With no student discount is costs 240EUR.

And yes, there sure is a way to crack PS illegal or buy is sepperate but my point is that PhotoShop costs quite some money and I doubt people will abuse this a lot when screenshots will be allowed for fly reports.

And yea, there are multiple photo editing programs but that's not the point I'm trying to make.

Back to the actual suggestion:
If people do have acces to PhotoShop or any kind of decent Photo-Editing software it would be abused pretty bad.
Can't Photoshop? There's always GIMP (used professionally). There's even KidPix ;).

Caboozled_Pie

Sep 5, 2016
CubeCraft Forums
www.cubecraft.net
No they should not accept images or screenshots, screenshots can easily be photoshopped. So if a guy doesn't like another guy he can just photoshop he flying. Also the guy may have the rabbit kit in Eggwars and jump high and then a guy takes a screenshot and reports him for flying, not fair for the guy who has jump boost on
The thing is, you can photoshop or CGI videos too...

Remember, if someone is spiteful enough to photoshop an image to go report someone, he can do it with a video too.

N

Nikboo

I'm going to lock this thread because I think everyone else has explained this well enough.
Screenshots can be faked/forged and so, we do not allow them, whilst video evidence gives us clear evidence to see if a player is hacking or not.

~ Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Verideta wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congrats on 500 messages!
Mintypie231 wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎉
Mintypie231 wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎂 🎉
Basketman wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday Mivke 🥳
Basketman wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday 🎉
Top Bottom